• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new Type R!

kye

Contributing Member
Dear All, I would like to introduce my new NSX-R, she is a 1994 model, championship white, all original and number 239 produced.

I have owned many of these fantastic machines over the years and have met so many great people all over the world because of a common love of all things NSX!

I started the journey in 1996 buying a 91 Red/black then in 2002 a 94 Sebring silver and in 2005 a 98-T with a little extra .. a CTSC. Its always been a dream however to own one of the earlier R's and now here she is!

Enjoy :smile:

Cheers, Kye

DSC04061_R.jpg

DSC04069_R.jpg

DSC04072_R.jpg

DSC04082_R.jpg

DSC04102_R.jpg

Living in Japan helps ... but to find one is hard and to find one that has not been repaired or modified is even harder .. there are literally only 3 or 4 of the earlier NA1 for sale at a time across the country. Prices are climbing also but not as crazy as the NA2 have become.
//Kye

congrats! i am almost afraid to ask how much a real type r commands.

Living in Japan helps ... but to find one is hard and to find one that has not been repaired or modified is even harder .. there are literally only 3 or 4 of the earlier NA1 for sale at a time across the country. Prices are climbing also but not as crazy as the NA2 have become.
//Kye

you are envied by many here! Have fun with your R

Congrats on the NA1 NSX-R!

Hey, I remember that '98 parked near the entrance at the Motegi at the 20th anniversary. Sounded mean. Had all Acura badges, right?

Nice one!!!!! Your "old" car was fantastic but this is really something.
Have been lucky enough to drive an orig R here in Australia and was really impressed with the motor and suspension , seemed to have a lot more torque which is emphasized with the short gearing.

Have fun!!!
Cheers,
Scott

Hi,
Ponyboy, that car was an Acura that I bought when living in CA and shipped back to Japan, drove it for 7 years in Japan, an awesome machine! miss it a lot specially the power and scream from the SC!

Scammy, she didnt come from an auction, I bought her from Route KS down in Suzuka which is the shop that deals mainly in Type-Rs. It was the only NA1 they had but they have plenty of NA2 if you have 200,000 USD + to spend ...

Cstricker, the antenna is not stock, I am not sure what brand it is but I like it better than the stock version. I wont be listening to music in the car anyway not with the Honda symphony going on behind me :biggrin:

Interesting thing I looked into sending her on the Honda Refresh plan, the condition of the car is excellent but still a refresh on a 20 year old car would be nice, there is a 6 month waiting list and a cost of around 6 million yen (60,000 dollars) !! wont be doing that then for a while...

Cheers, Kye

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
Ponyboy, that car was an Acura that I bought when living in CA and shipped back to Japan, drove it for 7 years in Japan, an awesome machine! miss it a lot specially the power and scream from the SC!

Scammy, she didnt come from an auction, I bought her from Route KS down in Suzuka which is the shop that deals mainly in Type-Rs. It was the only NA1 they had but they have plenty of NA2 if you have 200,000 USD + to spend ...

Cstricker, the antenna is not stock, I am not sure what brand it is but I like it better than the stock version. I wont be listening to music in the car anyway not with the Honda symphony going on behind me :biggrin:

Interesting thing I looked into sending her on the Honda Refresh plan, the condition of the car is excellent but still a refresh on a 20 year old car would be nice, there is a 6 month waiting list and a cost of around 6 million yen (60,000 dollars) !! wont be doing that then for a while...

Cheers, Kye

..the antenna is not stock, I am not sure what brand it is but I like it better than the stock version. I wont be listening to music in the car anyway not with the Honda symphony going on behind me :biggrin:

Fantastic! The "Honda Symphony" was my reasoning in buying an NSX with a blown DS speaker too, especially with no engine cover :tongue:.

Your NSX-R looks amazing, and you truly have the envy of many (if not all) here.

Drive the badges of her! Congratulations.

Lucas

Back