• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX as the Forza Motorsport "Dyno Spotlight"!

As many of you know, my car was dynoed for the Forza series of games on Xbox & Xbox360. They just put up a nice 5 page writeup about my car and the NSX in general. Here's the intro:

"For our fifth dyno audio recording session, we shine the spotlight on Brian Smith and his modified jet-black 1991 Acura NSX. Originally introduced in 1990 as an experimental street car platform, the NSX shook the automotive world with its engineering feats. Come take a look (and listen) at the NSX we used to capture the authentic engine sounds in Forza Motorsport 2!"

Check it out at http://forzamotorsport.net

There's even a dyno quiz with prizes for who can pick out my car. I'll give you a hint - It's the awesome sounding car. :biggrin: But you already knew that.

Also, please post this around to any other Honda/VTEC forums out there where appropriate. Enjoy!

Last edited:
SaberX said:
As many of you know, my car was dynoed for the Forza series of games on Xbox & Xbox360. They just put up a nice 5 page writeup about my car and the NSX in general. Here's the intro:

"For our fifth dyno audio recording session, we shine the spotlight on Brian Smith and his modified jet-black 1991 Acura NSX. Originally introduced in 1990 as an experimental street car platform, the NSX shook the automotive world with its engineering feats. Come take a look (and listen) at the NSX we used to capture the authentic engine sounds in Forza Motorsport 2!"

There's even a dyno quiz with prizes for who can pick out my car. I'll give you a hint - It's the awesome sounding car. :biggrin: But you already knew that.

Also, please post this around to any other Honda/VTEC forums out there where appropriate. Enjoy!

Big Congrats Brian,

NSXs have a distinct sound, NA or Scd. One time in Boston, I was dining out door with my son near Boston Chinatown. I guess there is a cruising area nearby because several exotic cars drove by. With my back to the street, I told my son there is an NSX coming and sure enough, 15 seconds later, a beautiful white NSX drove by. There is an rising inflection in the exhaust note that is very NSX specific and it doesn't seem to matter what exhaust is on the car. Thanks again for representing the community.

Best Regards,

Danny

ps: not 1, 3 or 4

Last edited:
SaberX said:

Brian, congrat. !!!!!!

sounds like they have a 350z and a p-car in there as well. just cant id the fourth car. the nsx is very distinctive though, no mistaking that ;)

My guesses:

1. VQ35 supercharged, likely off of a 350z since that is their cover car
2. Reedy, throaty, goes on for ever 8000 RPM wail of a supercharged NA1, NSX
3. Super smooth sounds of an inline 6, my guess would be BMW M3
4. Sounds a lot like my Honda B series motor, my guess would be the B18C from a Integra Type-R.

What are your guesses?

Very cool, indeed. Can they finally go ahead and release the damn game? I've been waiting since it was released when I bought the 360 for this game. Last I heard, it's been pushed back to February now.

GeNSX said:
My guesses:

1. VQ35 supercharged, likely off of a 350z since that is their cover car
2. Reedy, throaty, goes on for ever 8000 RPM wail of a supercharged NA1, NSX
3. Super smooth sounds of an inline 6, my guess would be BMW M3
4. Sounds a lot like my Honda B series motor, my guess would be the B18C from a Integra Type-R.

What are your guesses?
GeNSX - your guesses are very good. Although when recorded the NSX was still NA at this point. What you're hearing in the sample is the unfiltered "dyno-whine". The article kinda made it look like it was supercharged when recorded...

Back