• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX is now cool in the Houston Heat.....

I have been thinking about putting in a window AC in my hot as hell garage and with Houston temperatures reaching into the upper ninetees and the Heat Index regularly approaching 110 degrees F, I finally bought and put in a window AC unit in the garage this morning. It took me about 90 minutes to install the unit properly and now the NSX is sitting in a cool 75 degrees of nice dry air. My exercise weight machine is in the garage as well and working out early in the morning only will no longer be necessary. It is a three car garage but our other two cars have been kicked out by the NSX (no danger of any dings etc. anymore). I plan to make my garage a comfortable personal living room with all the space now available. It will not be like some of the out of the world garages I have seen some of our forum members display, but it should be a place where I can work and play with the NSX in comfort.

My garage at one time was the office of a model home and so the walls, windows and doors etc. are insulated and are keeping the cool air inside.

If any of you good people has been thinking about something like this, I would encourage you to do it because it will defiinitely make your garage a welcome place for you and for your beloved car(s).:cool:

this is when i really appreciatte living in CA. the part where i live in doesn't get any hotter than 85 degrees.

tararan said:
this is when i really appreciatte living in CA. the part where i live in doesn't get any hotter than 85 degrees.

That is one of the unique features of California, the wide variety of climates. It depends on where you live in California. In the last week, the temps here in the Central Valley have been hovering around 107. And when I had the pleasure of visiting El Centro, (fortunately it was March) I was told that on several occasions the temps there got to 125. :eek: . Those living in LA or along the coast probably have it best as Tararan tells us.

U gotta leave sometime

Now if u could just stay in the garage. I am surprised Andy Vescey has not weighed in?? I think he would say wussy or something like that--the heat is bad enough without the humidity but yeah you are forced to stay by your work, family, friends, beautiful scenery--is it still flat with the toads and machines that blow the mosquito killer around;)

Last edited:
Already Did It

Until the post right before this one, I wasn't gonna reply, but since you invited me. :cool: My garage is insulated and has a window unit. I did this two years ago, but for the car's comfort not for mine.I have it on a timer so it comes on about an hour before I get home and stays on for a few more hours. Sometimes I override the timer but forget to turn it off overnight. Backing out of the garage with cold body panels and windows, and the dew instantly appears. That is the only time humidity annoys me.....is a wet car after you spent the afternoon detailing it.

Here?

I have seen your posts before 92NSX but do not recollect where "here" would be. Something against having your state in your profile? maybe you're here, there, & everywhere--should I be looking up:D Or maybe down;)

Re: Here?

jrehner said:
I have seen your posts before 92NSX but do not recollect where "here" would be. Something against having your state in your profile? maybe you're here, there, & everywhere--should I be looking up:D Or maybe down;)
jrehner, if you took one of the interstate highways near your home, and drove 3-4 days until you reached the end of that highway, ...

Back