• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX resprayed.

A little background info...

I bought my NSX about five years ago from a local guy. It's a 91, with 27k miles. Mechanically speaking the car is near mint. The biggest issue was the exterior. The previous owner left the car out without a cover, for 10 years. This results in scale-like clear coat failure on almost every painted surface. Not to mention all of the holograms, scratches, and swirl marks.

I took the nsx to a local shop called Total Recon Auto Salon in Rockville, wanting to get a detail for Spring. The guys there James and Bobby came out and looked at the car. We agreed that they will remove the clear bra (looks really bad) try to buff the car, and repaint the rear spoiler (paint on it is too far gone)

After a couple of days Bobby called me and let me know the paint was in worse shape than they originally thought and informed me that respray is the only realistic alternative. Bobby then offered me a deal that I can't refuse (or reveal). I thought "heck why not" and asked them to respray it.

It tool about two weeks and I picked up the car today. Here are some pictures they took.

nsxrespray01.jpg

nsxrespray02.jpg

nsxrespray03.jpg

nsxrespray04.jpg

nsxrespray05.jpg

nsxrespray06.jpg

nsxrespray07.jpg

nsxrespray08.jpg

nsxrespray09.jpg

nsxrespray10.jpg

nsxrespray11.jpg

nsxrespray12.jpg

I am not a big fan of HDR. I will retake them at Katie's this Saturday. :)

It's not a strip to bare metal repray but I am very happy with the result. They are way more than reasonable on the cost of the respray.

The shop is called Total Recon Auto Salon, they are a high-end body shop that does detailing. They are on Southlawn in Rockville. I am very happy with the workmanship and I highly recommend them.

http://totalreconautosalon.com/

Pictures will not work for me.... Probably just my work computer. I will try loking at the progress pics when I get home. Congrats on the paint.

Thanks! I had it on and I just can't deal with the wax buildup at the seams anymore. It's really stands out on black cars.

I will just have to avoid bad roads and make sure I stay far away from trucks.

I WANT that CADILLAC!!! Love at first sight!

A little background info...

I bought my NSX about five years ago from a local guy. It's a 91, with 27k miles. Mechanically speaking the car is near mint. The biggest issue was the exterior. The previous owner left the car out without a cover, for 10 years. This results in scale-like clear coat failure on almost every painted surface. Not to mention all of the holograms, scratches, and swirl marks.

I took the nsx to a local shop called Total Recon Auto Salon in Rockville, wanting to get a detail for Spring. The guys there James and Bobby came out and looked at the car. We agreed that they will remove the clear bra (looks really bad) try to buff the car, and repaint the rear spoiler (paint on it is too far gone)

After a couple of days Bobby called me and let me know the paint was in worse shape than they originally thought and informed me that respray is the only realistic alternative. Bobby then offered me a deal that I can't refuse (or reveal). I thought "heck why not" and asked them to respray it.

It tool about two weeks and I picked up the car today. Here are some pictures they took.

nsxrespray01.jpg

nsxrespray02.jpg

nsxrespray03.jpg

nsxrespray04.jpg

nsxrespray05.jpg

nsxrespray06.jpg

nsxrespray07.jpg

nsxrespray08.jpg

nsxrespray09.jpg

nsxrespray10.jpg

nsxrespray11.jpg

nsxrespray12.jpg

I am not a big fan of HDR. I will retake them at Katie's this Saturday. :)

It's not a strip to bare metal repray but I am very happy with the result. They are way more than reasonable on the cost of the respray.

The shop is called Total Recon Auto Salon, they are a high-end body shop that does detailing. They are on Southlawn in Rockville. I am very happy with the workmanship and I highly recommend them.

http://totalreconautosalon.com/
How much was yourvpaint job and how many coats did you do? I beed to respeay as well.

Back