• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX was stolen tonight (Woodinville, WA)

So I thought My week was kinda going good. My car sold on Ebay to someone in Southern Cali. They sent me a $1000 deposit through paypal.. They contacted me the next day and told me they didnt want the car, but I could keep the deposit.. I thought... Sounds good to me! So I figured I would keep the car another month.. get it in a little better shape and then try to re-sell it.. I ordered some parts from acura on Wednesday.. Front windshield trim, Main relay and rear wheel stud. So I pick them up today from Acura and order a few more parts.

Front stock air dam, front (under the hood) relay box cover, horn relay, Thermostat and thermostat gasket and a set of cam seals and cam end plugs.

Its a nice day.. so I go out to dinner with some friends. I come out and find my car was gone... Someone stole it! It was parked next to a busy street, in a parking lot.... under a light.... 30 feet from the window I was sitting by.

Car was stolen in Woodinville Washington. Out front of Cafe Fresco at about 9:45 pm... it is a 92 Sebring Silver / black automatic. It has 150,000. Car has DP 5 star wheels, black aftermarket front lip, Black M3 Decklid spoiler, 2002 rear valance and S2000 Antenna.

If you see it call the police

Thanks

Kevin

so watcha gonna do w/ that 'Front stock air dam'? j.k.

kclements said:
Car was stolen in Woodinville Washington.

As always, sad to hear of such... :frown: Though, your location intrigues me. So close to the border & Vancouver, B.C. :rolleyes: If you have any contacts up there in the NSX/import-tuning community, have them keep an eye out as well.

I must say, alot coincidences w/ this situation...

i. Close to the Canadian border, in particular: Vancouver/B.C. which has ALOT of rebuilt/salvage NSX'es
ii. eBay transaction goes awry, yet individual is very comfortable losing $1k deposit w/o much resistance
iii. Few trips to Acura dealer where your vehicle was seen & possibly your information was recorded (VIN, plate, address, etc'...) for parts/service invoicing.

Wow. Did the Ebay winner know your home address? That's scary. Even if it's non-ebay or ebay, the person could be stalking you and waiting for the right moment to steal it. You might want to get yourself one of those survellence camera around your house. If they know where you live, then they might come back for more. Be extra careful.

police just called... car was just recovered.. apparently it was involved in a highspeed pursuit/ chase , last night with the cops... They couldnt tell me the condition of the car... except that the front licence plate is missing (it has always been missing) and that its in a town towards the mountains called Granite Falls.. So I'm on my way there to go get it!

I'll let you know how it turns out..

Kevin

Holy crap! That's totally nuts.

Glad I wasn't out driving my NSX...they'd probably mistake it for yours.

If it was in a pursuit, they probably caught the guy(s).

Does insurance cover for any wear and tear that happens on a car when something like this happens?

Dude - that is crazy! You should ask to get the in car video of the chase from the cops! And let us know when we'll see it on "America's Craziest Police Chases". :rolleyes: P.S. - you should act really upset about the missing front plate:biggrin:

Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortuntate circumstances, and it goes to show that we all need to be extra vigilant about our vehicles. Unfortunately having anything expensive is a big red bulls eye to unsavory characters.

Keep us informed, so that we can do our best here in the NW club to keep an eye out for each other. I hope in time they catch the punks and whomever was backing them and send them all to jail.

Regards,

John

Did you not have an alarm on?

I am unsure how well the oem alarm works, and how easy it would be to override it, but you were eating feet away.

I have an Alpine alarm, and it has a pager. It is also real easy to rig up a hidden kill switch, say to the starter, the fuel pump, the main battery etc. It is worth installing a secret kill, or a quality alarm at the least.

I hope it is still shiny side up, and without dents. I am glad they caught those bastards that took it as well.

Kevin ,

I think I speak for all of here in the Pacific North West ,

If we can help out in any regard ...Please keep us posted ,

Did you get her back ?

Ken
Seattle

L5-S1NSX said:
Kevin ,

I think I speak for all of here in the Pacific North West ,

If we can help out in any regard ...Please keep us posted ,

Did you get her back ?

Ken
Seattle

I talked to Kevin earlier on the phone first thing this morning, and he did in fact retrieve it this morning mostly intact to everyone's relief. I got the gist of it all, but I'll let him chime in with all the details. Quite amazing story really.

Given time time, energy, and effort we all put into our vehicles- I encourage everyone to go the extra mile and take precautions. Alarm with fuel and ignition cut-off, LoJack, Data Dots (all marked parts), keyed hardware, detachable hub, Catalog/Info ready to go, good insurance, etc... these types of incidents if otherwise preventable are just not worth the stress..

In this case, it sounds like a simple ignition immobilizer may well have prevented this. When he gets her back we should get to it. I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

Glad to hear it made it back ok. That's nuts to have that happen in woodenville of all places.

Thanks for everyones concern..

I got a call this morning that they had found the car.. So I woke my lil brother up and we headed out to Granite Falls.. (its a little trip from my place). When we got there I filled out a little statement that said it was ok for the police to fingerprint/ search the vehicle... And I also got some info on what happened.

Time line..

9:30-9:40pm 3/11/06 car was stolen

8:00 am 3/12/06 police see car on Hwy 9 just south of Lake Stevens.

8:05am car was being pursued by the Lake Stevens Police Department on HWY 9 heading North towards Lake Stevens. police car maxed out at 130mph, NSX still pulling away at approx 140-145mph.

8:15'ish am Police lost NSX

8:25'ish Police found NSX ditched on side of road in a residential area.

8:35 Police called me and I was on my way out.

So I look the car over.. No major obvious sheet metal damage. The front lip was a little hammered on.. Rims are not curbed or anything.

Interior : The ripped my Dali carbon fiber console out along with my CD player. In the process they broke the climate control assembly. They also took some misc CD's, My Dali racing hat and some other things. In the trunk they stole my amp.

Motor: Car seems to run good and shift good. Kinda sounds like there is a little more valve tick then it had before... Could be me though.

Get this..

They had wired some shitty panasonic C.D. player back in the car.. I am guessing so they would have some tunes to go cruise with? I dont know.. it doesnt make sense... They cut the wires of my old deck out and used wire nuts with the new harness.. The police took the radio as evidence.

The police asked me if I had jack in the box recently... I was like WTF? No..
Apprently there was a Jack in the box bag in the car... The police told me alot of car theifs stop and get jack in the box or taco bell? when they are out. The police have used recipts left in the bag to figure out what store they went to and then they go get the video footage of the drive through window. (yes you are being filmed! ) So they are going to look into that I guess.

Also They left a pre-paid T-mobile phone card on the dash covering up the vin. The cop took that as evidence as well.

they also dusted for prints.

Maybe something will turn up........

I drove it home and parked her, didnt even look at it any closer. Made me kinda sick thinking that some potentially cracked out, jack in the box eating kids were out joy riding my car last night and this morning. I'm taking her down to my body shop tomorrow so they can give me an estimate on the interior and so I can do a good walk around of the exterior..

I think I'm going to have the motor looked at as well just to be safe..

Kinda interested to hear what my insurance is going to do for me about the damage.

all ends well...

kclements said:
police car maxed out at 130mph

I actually knew that...
vbomg1ot.gif

kclements said:
... NSX still pulling away at approx 140-145mph.

Affirmation to all those who own an automatic transmission NSX, or have an interest/preference towards acquiring an automatic!

Well, fortunately there were no injuries/violence during the finale'. Any idea how the perpetrator(s) got into the NSX & started it?!? :confused:

What a sad story but glad to hear its been recovered and back in your possesion. Do you know how they broke in and how they started it?

Glad to hear you got your car back. Damn, I hate car thieves. Time for a better alarm system or a secret location kill switch. Lo Jack works well down here in Houston.

police car maxed out at 130mph

I am surprised that the police car got up to that speed. In Houston, we have old junk cars that were suppose to have been replaced a long time ago.

wow, Kevin, I'm glad that your car is still intact after that. When I read ditch and 145mph, I was thinking .... no... :biggrin: Anyway the story is kind of scary as I parked my car outside of the garage quite oftenly. Guess I'm going to take the steering wheel out at night. Woodinville is only 20 mins away from me.

John had a good point that for those in the NW should keep in eye out of each other. Hence we should really keep the email list alive... (any volunteer??)

I found it interesting that those kids tried to steal your stereo, the part that doesn't cost that much....

i know this post is long dead and outdated but just reading it made me remember exactly how i felt about 2 months ago when mine was stolen :( luckily like this story it was found in fairly good shape with interior damage but nothing to bad.

so for an update...did the cops ever find anything out?

Back