• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My own private PhotoShoot Part II

On Friday I had to head up to Big Bear Mountain through the twisties :biggrin: to check out a property, so I decided of course I would take the X. Not only was the drive a blast, but I also got to have a little fun with the new lenses for my camera. Though there was plenty of snow on the hilldsides, it was a pretty clear day, and VERY clear roads, so I didn't have much runoff to get my car all dirty before the shoot. What a gorgeous day! Sometimes I really hate my job! :rolleyes: Here are the fruits of my labor...
enjoy!

a-1.jpg

d-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

f-1.jpg

e-1.jpg

g-1.jpg

are the photos with the darkened/burned edges shot with a fisheye lens attachment? you should try to shoot a bit larger (frame it a bit larger) then crop out the edges, and still get the full distorted look but without the distracting edges...

other than that... COOL scenery! :cool:

I can't believe that crap. That scumbag has it listed on Ebay and Auto trader!
Good price....I'll take it!

Are you going to add the Honda logo's???

I just removed the badges last week and haven't decided what I'm going to do yet... I wanted to keep it badgeless, but after removing them, I realized I didn't like the way it looks, and I don't like the holes it left in the nose...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84745

are the photos with the darkened/burned edges shot with a fisheye lens attachment? you should try to shoot a bit larger (frame it a bit larger) then crop out the edges, and still get the full distorted look but without the distracting edges...

other than that... COOL scenery! :cool:

The photos are raw, they haven't been edited/cropped yet, they went straight from my camera to the web (the only thing I did was reduce the size). The lens is actually not a fisheye lens. It's just a wide-angle lens, but if you zoom all the way out, and get up close, it gives the fish-eye effect :cool: , but it also catches the lens ring in the process (hence the burned edges). If you pull back for a larger frame, it takes away the effect :rolleyes:

looks great man. the wheels looks just perfect with your NSX. is that a stock exhaust by the way?

Exhaust is a B&B Tri-flow. I'll be looking for headers soon...

Just got off the phone with AutoTrader fraud dept, he is pulling the ad as we speak....dirt bag POS. I must state again how please I am with the enjoyment Bob is having with my baby.I have never missed a car more.

Just got off the phone with AutoTrader fraud dept, he is pulling the ad as we speak....dirt bag POS. I must state again how please I am with the enjoyment Bob is having with my baby.I have never missed a car more.

Cool. Thanks Bobo. I talked to them too, but I was getting the runaround... :rolleyes:

...It's just a wide-angle lens, but if you zoom all the way out, and get up close, it gives the fish-eye effect :cool: , but it also catches the lens ring in the process (hence the burned edges). If you pull back for a larger frame, it takes away the effect :rolleyes:

Very nice pictures. What camera and lens were you using? Did you have a lens hood on? If so, sometimes that's why the corners get blocked off. This shouldn't happen with just a naked lens. If you didn't have on a lens hood, there's something wrong with the lens.

Very nice pictures. What camera and lens were you using? Did you have a lens hood on? If so, sometimes that's why the corners get blocked off. This shouldn't happen with just a naked lens. If you didn't have on a lens hood, there's something wrong with the lens.

Camera is a Canon 350D 7.5MP. The lens is just a cheapy Wide Angle/Macro that I bought off of ebay. There was no hood, just a W/A pulled all the way back, and it was catching the edges of the lens.

Bear Mtn here in NY? I did some real estate down in Central Valley, drove with my friends Type-R's in the same area not long ago....wish we saw you on the road! :eek:

Bear Mtn in So Cal. I didn't know there was one in NY.I'm sure it's not the same though. I was just in NY (Poughkeepsie) a couple of months ago looking at an apt complex, and I don't remember any mountains... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Bear Mtn in So Cal. I didn't know there was one in NY.I'm sure it's not the same though. I was just in NY (Poughkeepsie) a couple of months ago looking at an apt complex, and I don't remember any mountains... :biggrin:

Yea, I was scratching my head a bit at the pictures...

LOL, Don't remember any mountains? Catskills, Bear Mtn, Mohonk, etc. Plenty of them here. Poughkeepsie though...is in a valley...:p

I need to find a local NSX to get a ride in...I never see them here...

Back