• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Permit!

Yes, thats right, I just got my permit over the weekend. So this means I am ONE step closer to driving/owning an NSX....so my question is, who wants to give me a little turn in their car? :smile: I just had to tell ya guys.:smile:

You can take her out for a drive, but please be very careful. :D

A-M-PEDAL.JPG

spyderplayer2002 said:
I just got my license Friday. Who is going to let me drive thiers? :)
when you can spell "their's"...:wink:
pacemaker, you may have to wait for spring, salt on the road, but i'll give you a chance.

Last edited:
jalnjr said:
when you can spell "theres"...:wink:
pacemaker, you may have to wait for spring, salt on the road, but i'll give you a chance.

I think you mean "theirs."

Maybe I should invite the guy who influenced this thread.

Oh no, he listened to you and edited his post. ;)

spyderplayer2002 said:
I just got my license Friday. Who is going to let me drive theres? :)

too funny, eh malibu!!!
thanx for the link!! kenny is NOT dead!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
spyder, i'll let you drive my car too, if your are in the area. otay!!

jalnjr said:
when you can spell "their's"...:wink:

Are you being serious? I just took a drive in a 05 BMW 330i...SUCKER MOVES!...then again its the second car I really drove. Plus it was at night and well, 1. its dark. 2. Its the dealer's rental car, I will be using a 99 528i. 3. I need to drive better before I am allowed to
"push it" on the country roads here in Randolph.
But I have a feeling I am going to need to learn how to drive stick first. I think I can do, I know I can(ATV exp.)

BTW...I was taking my 6 hours in blairstown on sunday, you have some GREAT roads up there.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Are you being serious? I just took a drive in a 05 BMW 330i...SUCKER MOVES!...then again its the second car I really drove. Plus it was at night and well, 1. its dark. 2. Its the dealer's rental car, I will be using a 99 528i. 3. I need to drive better before I am allowed to
"push it" on the country roads here in Randolph.
But I have a feeling I am going to need to learn how to drive stick first. I think I can do, I know I can(ATV exp.)

BTW...I was taking my 6 hours in blairstown on sunday, you have some GREAT roads up there.
absolutely serious. glad you enjoyed our roads yesterday...i had to rescue my wfe who slid off a road*, wiping out a tire....no damage to the suv otherwise. it was treacherous.... also avoid speeding on rt 80 between exit 25[ rt 206] and the dwg. ticket city...ask me how i know...:rolleyes:

* i believe she stated she turned with the skid, not against it...:mad:

I didnt want to speed on 80 only because I felt VERY intimidated on the roads becuase of the trucks and the water and stuff.
But wow, I cant belive you are letting me drive your NSX, just WOW. So maybe when the Bridgewater NSX meet thing happens, backroads perhaps? I just HOPE by then I'll be okay with a stick, with 6 speeds, right up against a MEAN V-6 :biggrin:

Lets hope you dont forget by then, lol I know I wont.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
...so my question is, who wants to give me a little turn in their car?

No Problamo Pacemaker. Just show up with $50K in cash, (non-refundable of course) and you can own it as well! :biggrin:

64297_frt_sm.jpg

jalnjr said:
too funny, eh malibu!!!
thanx for the link!! kenny is NOT dead!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
spyder, i'll let you drive my car too, if your are in the area. otay!!

Crap....Why do I have to be the only one on this board from Memphis?

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
I didnt want to speed on 80 only because I felt VERY intimidated on the roads becuase of the trucks and the water and stuff.
But wow, I cant belive you are letting me drive your NSX, just WOW. So maybe when the Bridgewater NSX meet thing happens, backroads perhaps? I just HOPE by then I'll be okay with a stick, with 6 speeds, right up against a MEAN V-6 :biggrin:

Lets hope you dont forget by then, lol I know I wont.

Don't worry about the shifting, worry about the clutch. :)

...I hate this 90 second rule, it's never happened to me before this. I do love the new way to edit your post though. :)

spyderplayer2002 said:
Don't worry about the shifting, worry about the clutch. :)

Yeah thats what I mean. I have some senior HS friends who MIGHT want to teach me. UNLESS the NSX is an automatic THEN I have nothing to worry about.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Yeah thats what I mean. I have some senior HS friends who MIGHT want to teach me. UNLESS the NSX is an automatic THEN I have nothing to worry about.

Autommatics are lame IMO.

I know I'm bringing this post back from the dead, but I drove an nsx today. My friend who let me drive it was warning me about the clutch being a little tricky, but to my surprise it was just as easy if not easier than my sisters civic. You just have to watch your revs.

I just learned how to drive stcik with my cousin on Thursday. It was a blast, and I did very well, better then his expectations (I think it's the video games). Now I think I am more capable then before to drive an NSX :biggrin:

spyderplayer2002 said:
Did your son learn on your nsx; and does he not beat you in his sti?

I am the son. My dad doesn't do a whole lot of posting on here. I'd been driving stick for like 2 years before he got the NSX so I had stick down by the time he got that. And yes, I am confident I can smoke my dad in my Sti :biggrin:

95NSXT said:
I am the son. My dad doesn't do a whole lot of posting on here. I'd been driving stick for like 2 years before he got the NSX so I had stick down by the time he got that. And yes, I am confident I can smoke my dad in my Sti :biggrin:

I think the only other car that I have ridden in that can beat the nsx I drove is an fd. Turbos are great things.....especially with rotors:smile:

Back