• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

My RPF1 Type-RC just came in!!

Update 9/10/08:

Well I was able to get 5.5mm off the rear which was enough:) I lowered the rear another inch last night and will either lower the front more or raise the rear up just a tad before it gets aligned. Here are a few quick shots I took this morning. No rubbing in the rear so far but the front are rubbing on the plastic when turning. Thanks for looking!!

picture.php

picture.php

IMG_3244.jpg

nsx1.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

Well the UPS guy dropped off my wheels today. The rears are getting machined to fit the rear right now. So hopefully I will be getting pictures of the wheels on the car today or tomorrow. The fronts are 18x8.5(42) and 19x10(+29 after machining) It is going to be an exciting day for me:) I will keep you all posted. Thanks for looking Prime!!

John

IMG_2922.jpg

rpf1rc.jpg

rpf1rc2.jpg

Photoshop Version
IMG_0386copycopy.jpg

Last edited:
The original size for the rear is 19x10 +22. I didnt want to run 18 all around so im trying this first to see if I can get them were they need to be. If this doesnt work im going with the 18x9.5 +45 and running a spacer in the rear. We will see:)

They should look awesome. I just hope you'll have enough clearance after the shaving so you don't hit the caliper on the back of the spokes!

They should look awesome. I just hope you'll have enough clearance after the shaving so you don't hit the caliper on the back of the spokes!

Clearance should not be an issue, when test fitting today it had more clearance then I expected. I was hoping for a bigger lip in the rear, but I think I will like it just fine:) Thanks for all the comments, photos coming soon!

So you machined 7mm? did you need to press a steel ring into the bolt holes for reinforcement? could you have taken more off?
any pics of the inside of the wheel pad (near bolt holes?)
thanks

So you machined 7mm? did you need to press a steel ring into the bolt holes for reinforcement? could you have taken more off?
any pics of the inside of the wheel pad (near bolt holes?)
thanks

Well im still waiting for the rears to get done, hopefully today. The machiniest told me 7mm would be the most he could do to this wheel. Here is a picture I stole from the 350z forum but its the same wheel im using for the rear so it will give you a good idea at least. If you need more pictures let me know I will take some if need be!
4g6o2o0.jpg

Great looking wheels, congrats. Can also considering taking 5mm off your front wheels to match your 19x10+29 rears

I was actually going to machine the fronts but after test fitting it with a tire on it, it fits perfect.

ya you should take 5mm off fronts - but 225 is still gonna rub rear of wheelwell/pinch weld , unless you are crafty with a hammer or run michelin ps2 - or both

Wow those look great!

Do they not offer then in a higher offset?

Thanks, Unfortantly they do not. For 19s they only offer 19x9 +18 and 19x10 +22. You can always go with 18s all around. They offer a 18x9.5 with a +45 for the rear. I didnt go this route because it wasnt agressive enough for me.

did you have a chance to weigh those without tires?

The fronts weigh 22 pounds and the rears come in a little past 25.4 pounds.

Back