• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My SOS ITB set up in real life experience

Some of you may know about my car.
So today I decided to take my car for a spin with my 2 friends. They each drive a M6. Yes they decided to buy the same car, same color, the same everything excepts one is tiptronic and one is 6 speed.
So we were driving on a deserted hwy, and low and behold they started bullying a 3.0 V6. Well, from standing still to 60 I spanked the guy in the 6 speed (I know, he wasn't a good driver). From a roll 50-100 we were neck to neck with the tiptronic one.
So 274 whp is not too shabby. That goes to show that don't be fool by dyno #s
Prior to this I have had few encounters where I walked away on cars claimed to have 400-500 hp. They seemed to surprise to know that my car puts out measly 274 hp.
Had a great day!

I often find my NSX punches above its weight. And in this case the weight advantage of the NSX over M6 (around 1000lb) combines with ITB engine efficiency for yet another coup. The athletic NSX's core design may be 22 y.o. but a few carefully selected mods and it's overall package mathces or betters many slick modern (often obese) sports cars :smile:

BTW slightly off-topic, but what air filtration did you settle on for your ITBs NA1/2-R GT ?

Last edited:
He said they were both M6's so I would guess that they were V10's. I don't believe they made a M6 with a V8 in it. Did they?

What up man! Long time! Hope you are well.

Anyway, the new M6's are V8 TT's. But I believe he was running against the V10 model (though not sure).

What up man! Long time! Hope you are well.

Anyway, the new M6's are V8 TT's. But I believe he was running against the V10 model (though not sure).
Does'nt really matter. Running that well with either model impresses me.:wink: I expect both guys were a bit butt hurt.

To answer everyone.
These are V10 M6s
My car is about 2700 lbs/274 HP
I am not running any filtering system since I had the set up.
What's up Stephen, yes it has been awhile. You seem to be busy quite a bit.
But hey, we are 15 mins apart most of the time.

Does'nt really matter. Running that well with either model impresses me.:wink: I expect both guys were a bit butt hurt.

Sorry, my answer was directed to the person that asked the question :rolleyes:.

Dan, I actually think you might be able to get my M off the line too. We should meet up and I'll bring the gopros. We already know the two cars sound good in the tunnel together :biggrin:.

I thought Steve has/had a M6.
...are you saying he is not a good driver?:biggrin:

AFAIK, Steve IS very fast....side ways.....:smile:

Hehe, yes I do. But wasn't out there with him. Though, a fairly "stock" NA2 has given me issues before, so I am pretty sure a run between Dan and I would be quite close.

Me sideways?!?! No way, never happens :wink:

ASBFullLock.jpg

Last edited:
I drove M5 with V10 and it feels like this engine never stops pulling. Having said that it's heavy and I can def see na1 keeping up from the roll.

Its me

Hehe, yes I do. But wasn't out there with him. Though, a fairly "stock" NA2 has given me issues before, so I am pretty sure a run between Dan and I would be quite close.

Me sideways?!?! No way, never happens :wink:

ASBFullLock.jpg

is that really you doing the Jeff Gordon?

I drove M5 with V10 and it feels like this engine never stops pulling. Having said that it's heavy and I can def see na1 keeping up from the roll.

Those V10's do have a awesome powerband they just keep on going and scream like hell!

It would have been fun it turned out to be '80s M6's with 3.5L I6. :tongue: (although those still have 290HP)

They pull really nicely. Though, at least for me, doesn't really seem to be truly happy until about 70mph+

is that really you doing the Jeff Gordon?

Yes sir. Practicing backwards entries. We were running Streets of Willow counter clockwise. 110MPH drift entries FTW :biggrin:

Some of you may know about my car...

Some? I think most avid prime members have seen the videos and pictures of your setup and are well aware of who you are :tongue:

...my car puts out measly 274 hp.

I thought your car put out more than that with the ITB's and the work that you've done. I was able to hit 255 whp with prospeed's chip and bisimoto custom tune a while back before the RDX injector upgrade. With the ITB's, was it better throttle response and torque?

2700lbs?? ITB's!! Can we see pictures of this beast!

Ask and you shall receive... http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144784

Last edited:
I thought your car put out more than that with the ITB's and the work that you've done. I was able to hit 255 whp with prospeed's chip and bisimoto custom tune a while back before the RDX injector upgrade. With the ITB's, was it better throttle response and torque?

Hi Long,
Yeah, my baseline was 233 whp so after the ITBs we got 274 whp.
Sometimes I don't want to see the hp rating on paper.

Yes sir. Practicing backwards entries. We were running Streets of Willow counter clockwise. 110MPH drift entries FTW :biggrin:

:eek: I would've never thought you possess such special gift from God!
Master Steve....you ARE faster, smarter, & quicker...when you become famous, plz buy me a set of SOS ITB so I can stop being a hodad:frown:

Back