• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Wingwested Sebring

Finally! This morning I woke up and I decided that i had to buy a digital camera. 7 hours later I am the happy owner of a Fuji device...
What is our favorite subject? Ok... no naked woman was available... ;)

Thanks to everybody that helped and adviced me in modifying my car :D
I really like the wingwest look on "beefed up" OEM wheels! (I have huge wheel adapters on my car, front 25mm and rear 40mm).

In theory I am stopping here with mods...

Attachments

• resize of dscf0001.jpg
    resize of dscf0001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 4,302
gheba_nsx said:
In theory I am stopping here with mods...

And you think that we are going to believe this ? :D

CONGRATULATIONS ! Your NSX looks really really good with the WingWest kit and the fitment is perfect !

I can't wait to look at it in person !

Have fun,

David

PS : I still can't believe that you finally bought a digital camera ! :D

If I thnk that exactely two years ago it looked like this... ;)

18.jpg

Really! :eek: I can't believe it is the very same car... :p

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!!! - came out great G - after all your concerns it turned out fantastic!
Your body shop did a super job, everything is aligned perfectly & the color match (very difficult on the silver!) looks very good.
Now, personally, I would have kept the roof black ...... :D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

p.s. How did you find the front height now with the new WW part (which was one of your concerns) - I think someone is looking for that information (real height difference) in another post.

Looks Amazing!! I love it! Your camera takes great pictures, too!

Thanks, the camera works really well. I snapped them at 1600x1200 and reduced them below 100kb...

Ken, I knew my body shop guy was great (he prepares a lot of show-winning cars and it is one of the few Dupont patented shop for pearl paint here around) but I was concerned anyway: afterall it was my baby going under operation! ;)
You gave me a lot of info and this made the work 100% bulletproof! I am sure your will come as good as mine!

The front? No more scarping at all. I measured pre and post and the height difference is 4mm (1/5 of an inch). And again, in photos the WW front does not make justice to the real thing... in photos, no matter what, it really looks "aftermarket". in reality it blends perfectely... :)

The black roof? I do not know... I liked it on my old red but I never liked it on the silver. And I am even more sure that with the WW on place the black silver would have disturbed me.

PS: a few people asked me if it was a new model of the NSX... :D :D :D What could be a better compliment? :p

You know I was just teasing about the black roof because that's my personal choice of course! ;)

The other thing I forgot to mention was the rear - we had been concerned the rear might look "skinny" w/o the spats (which I think neither of us liked) relative to the skirts & front: I must say it doesn't look odd at all.
In fact when you see your (almost) twin, here it doesn't look that much different at the back from the side between the '02 & pre-'02 rear valances.
I still like the '02 part though, especially from the rear!

The alignment wrt the gap below the door on yours is probably the best one I have seen for this kit.

I also feared that the old OEM back would have been looked weird... but it is almost not noticeable!
Again. the WW rear is in my opinion a little to "extreme". The perfect solution would be something exactely like the OEM but one inch lower on the side. Anyway I am very happy as it is...

Thanks again for the prop about my alignment. I repeated A LOT of times to the body shop guy about the gaps. And I also called him to remind about them.... he tought I was crazy but at least it seems he got it right! ;)

No gap was a GO. :D

Even a small gap was a REDO! :p

hmmmmm....I think I like the "before"..

Just kidding! Looks great, Gheba! Especially with the OEM wheels and painted calipers. ;) Nice job!

Nice Gheba, it is amazing the difference the WW skirts make, so much beefier looking & F355-like! You should consider the 2003 oem valence, it does hang about an inch or two lower & would realy finish the wrap around look off better IMO.

The 2002 valence would be definitely nice, but it is a little too expensive for me. I will wait for an alternative or keep the car like this, it really looks perfect to me.

Yesterday, I went in an underground garage and below the ramp I scraped the front WW spoiler. The noise was unbelievable! A girl 10 meters away turned back too look terrified. I was going 3mph probably... but the noise...

I thought: the car was totaled! ;)

I went out, I checked the spoiler and if you did not bend at ground level you could not see the paint off the spoiler. Very very minor damage (less than what I always had on my OEM one after the first week of new paint ;) ). Very good material... it flexed and did not damage.

Probably that plastic also makes a LOT more noise than OEM when scapring... ;)

gheba_nsx,

Looks great! I think these HRE 547 19" & 18" wheels that I have
4-SALE might even enhance the appearance of your beautiful
silver.

Attachments

• test 259.jpg
    test 259.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,236
do you have a noticeable gap running along where the wings chin piece sticks to the nsx? i bought it and painted it... but after dry fitting it i decided not to install it. the gap was just too noticeable. did you do anything special to get a nice clean seamless install?

Single Samurai, thanks for the offer! Those wheels would look very nice on my car.

:( at the moment my budget is quite limited and I already used the "car part" for the wingwest :(

nicholas,
the front spoiler is in strong contact to the lower bumper. Of course you see the mounting line but it is not bad at all... I would have liked to "melt" it there... but everybody was against this! :D

gheba,

I understand, that's why I'm selling mine ...... need a new project
NSX.

Keep it up, your NSX looks great!

See ya!

:rolleyes:
are wheel spacers that big, detrimental and where do you get them?
I really like the wingwest look on "beefed up" OEM wheels! (I have huge wheel adapters on my car, front 25mm and rear 40mm).

Back