• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 Non-Fiberglass Front Bumper Options

Hello guys,

I want to upgrade my front bumper, but It seems as though everything I find is fiberglass. For anyone familiar with Chicago, you know that fiberglass would last 5 minutes with our roads :mad:

What after market bumpers are out there that are not fiberglass? I wouldn't mind something aggressive looking. Any info on that NA2 style bumper for the NA1?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what its made of but the Mode4 bumper that is in work looks awesome. I think they are almost finished. It would be my choice if i was upgrading. There is a thread on it in the Vendors/Group Buys forum.

oem + wings west lip looks great imo, and can take quite a beating

I think most if not all aftermarket bumpers are fiberglass.honestly just add a front lip and call it a day unless you want to shell out some $$$ for a carbon fiber one.

I recall there being a polyurethane "half bumper" (lower portion) in Japan once. can't recall the name though.

I think you're talking about the Kei Office half bumper by Shine (which, by the way, has been redone to fit perfectly now!). The Kei Office replica had fitment issues due to being 1/2 inch short where it met at the front fender. My car was used for the redo and the first "new copy" as shown on my avatar.

Last edited:
Got any photos of it you could post here and how much and where from to purchase?
Cheers

Got any photos of it you could post here and how much and where from to purchase?
Cheers

You can check out photos from nsxclear.com (4th and 6th rows down: 1997 spa yellow). Talk to Ken from shineautogroup.com from SoCal. Tell him Ted referred you : )

Back