• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

National Vehicle Marketing wants to sell my car for me

Someone from classyauto.com - national vehicle marketing - has picked up my NSX for sale ad and called me. they want $399 to market my 'properly-priced' car on eBay for me. the fee is to cover eBay expenses. they supposedly make their money on the financing deals they set up with the buyer.

They claim to have a 76% sell-rate within the first 14 days for vehicle, like mine, that they have selected as being 'properly-priced'. They will help the new buyer with transport as well as financing. They will list on eBay with as Buy-It-Now and only contact me with offers that are within 90% of my price.

Has anyone had any experience with these guys? Are they legit? Do they work as well as they say?

The only reason I would entertain one of these type sales people is if my car was hard to sell. If your car is properly priced, on prime, on autotrader and cars.com - it will sell. So many of the issues that keep cars from selling are so simple - like really good photos for example. Two crappy overexposed photos aren't going to do much for you. The more pics you have that are nice the better you'll do. Our cars are specialty cars anyway.

I've been contacted by these types before myself - never used em. How long have you had your car for sale? What are the specs? Is it posted on Prime?

My opinion is that you should sell it yourself and if it doesn't sell in a reasonable time then something is wrong - priced to high??? Anyway hard to answer this completely without knowing more about the car.

^ +1 Don't do it. Read the details of their agreement carefully. How many people will they send over just for a test drive (specially in an NSX)? If you sell it yourself atleast you can get a feel for them over the phone before they show up. If the agency sets up the test drive will you be able to refuse it without them complaining that you're not cooperating? Too many "ifs" for me. Good Luck.

I have sold a few cars on Cars.com and had these companies contact me all the time. Tbromley is 100 percent correct. If its not selling something is wrong.. either the price, or the mods, or the pictures. The more a car is modded the harder it is to get a buyer...

If everything else is in line, be patient and within a few weeks you will have a buyer. It used to be much faster but the economy is bad... so figure on a month or two until you find a buyer.

These cars are in high demand. Locally here in Chicago I couldnt get to a dealership fast enough... every time I got there the NSX was already sold!

my .02

Jman

National Vehicle Marketing has a pretty bad reputation, they contacted me when I had a BMW for sale back in the Fall. The first time they called, they quoted me $400 for their "service" and I told them to shove it. The second time, they claimed to be eBay, Inc. and quoted me $99. I did a reverse lookup on the number and sure enough, it was NVM.

Look out.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and excellent advice. I'll go it alone on this one.

Mine is the '92 Red/Black Ext Red/Black Int for 29,999. Any feedback would be appreciated.

DC

National Vehicle Marketing has a pretty bad reputation, they contacted me when I had a BMW for sale back in the Fall. The first time they called, they quoted me $400 for their "service" and I told them to shove it. The second time, they claimed to be eBay, Inc. and quoted me $99. I did a reverse lookup on the number and sure enough, it was NVM.

Look out.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and excellent advice. I'll go it alone on this one.

Mine is the '92 Red/Black Ext Red/Black Int for 29,999. Any feedback would be appreciated.

DC

More info please and put it for sale in our Prime Market. That's the best place I know of - but then you gotta know there is a prime. Put it in several places. How many miles and what's the maintenance history. Maintenance history is the biggest single issue with these cars - and records!!!

LITTLE RED COUPE

Don't be discouraged. You are priced right. I am currently purchasing one from the US because I couldn't find one in Canada that wasn't priced 20K over what it is worth. If I hadn't promised to purchase the US car I would have purchased your car in a second. I was drooling when I saw it posted a couple of days ago. I have even passed your add onto a buddy of mine who was interested in an NSX himself.

Waste of time and energy (and probably money). If a vehicle is priced and advertised correctly, the market will clear. When I used to sell motorcycles I'd get calls from these guys all the time.

being a dealer those idiots call me everyday, GRRRRRRRR

Back