• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Navpod and stereo upgrade

Almost finished my latest stereo upgrade- pulled out my old iPod / stock stereo interface and blue tooth module and replace with pioneer DMH -C2500 screen in navpod plus wired remote (from marine line) - added XM sat. plus backup camera- powered by JL 600 watt 4 (3) channel amp in trunk plus focals in door and Angus's sub.

IMG_1956.jpgIMG_1957.jpgIMG_1983.jpgIMG_1966.jpg

Did that controller (in the coin tray) come with your head unit? does it work for other head units?

Where did you mount the head unit?

I removed the speaker that came with the original phone and hope to fit the unit in that space- (basically on the back wall between the seats -I was struggling with this fit - my back up plan is to make a carpeted enclosure and have it on the back wall behind either seat close to the tunnel - not my preferred route but I will work on it this weekend

Did that controller (in the coin tray) come with your head unit? does it work for other head units?

The controller is a wired remote from pioneer for their marine head units - it looks great (the picture is a little misleading as it does not seem centered - it is)

The head unit comes with a wireless remote but I liked the marine unit. Even though it is not advertised I understand the remote works with any newer pioneer that has a 1/8 inch jack for a remote.

Rich

If I wanted to I could take the output from the stock stereo and feed it into one of the aux in of the new head unit- I have an adapter that pulls audio out from stock head unit (which I used on the old system ) then run it through a converter - but I probably am not going to use the tape player so I avoided the extra wiring.

The controller is a wired remote from pioneer for their marine head units - it looks great (the picture is a little misleading as it does not seem centered - it is)

The head unit comes with a wireless remote but I liked the marine unit. Even though it is not advertised I understand the remote works with any newer pioneer that has a 1/8 inch jack for a remote.

Rich

Got a part# for the controller?

Where did you mount the head unit?

that's a work in process- I have read that someone mounted it in the center bulge behind the speaker grill but I can not get it to fit- tried for two hours- I would like to mount it with the amp in the trunk but I will need to further extend the video link to the screen- meanwhile I have mine behind the drivers seat on the rear wall below the vinyl panel near the floor- wires are hidden so I am thinking of a vinyl custom covered box but its completely out of sight

I will post full pictures next week

I put my 'head unit' below the glove compartment in a custom box. I still have plenty of room in the passenger foot well. IMG_0496.jpgIMG_0038.JPG

Hey Rich, where did you end up mounting the head unit? I am having a hard time trying to fit the head unit where the center speaker was as well. Do you have pics of your final install?

Also what type of connections are needed to plug the stock bose radio into the AUX of the Pioneer? Much appreciated!

Would this work?

RichM. If I want to keep the factory set up and run the audio output from C2550NEX to AUX of factory so I can use the factory speakers and amp, will that work? Thanks in advance...

So If I added the unit in for the navpod, I have to get new amp and speakers? I can't re-use any of the original stock stuff? Please advise. Thank you.

You will not be able to re-use the OEM head unit, it has not inputs or outputs for anything that fits into the navpod. If you use this: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+4+(SPH-DA120). You can separate the screen and put that into the navpod then place the rest of it where the OEM head unit was and connect with SOS adapters. But there will be hole in your console..(head unit delete plate?)

Rich

You will not be able to re-use the OEM head unit, it has not inputs or outputs for anything that fits into the navpod. If you use this: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+4+(SPH-DA120). You can separate the screen and put that into the navpod then place the rest of it where the OEM head unit was and connect with SOS adapters. But there will be hole in your console..(head unit delete plate?)

Rich

Can't you use the CD player/AUX as an input and have the new C2550NEX's output to that input?

Steven

As far as I know, that plug can be used for an OEM Acura/Honda CD player or an Alpine CD player. I connected an Alpine CD player with a Alpine adapter inline. I think it switches a couple of wires so you can use either the OEM player or a non-oem Alpine CD Player.

Back