• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NBA Playoff thread

Hmm... It works for me. Can somebody embed it.. I can't seem to get it to embed!

FYI click on the 'Share' button below the YouTube link > click the 'Embed' button > copy the code provided > paste in your message window.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mOHkRk00iI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nothing wrong with the link just with the Celtics.:wink:

Celtics went down the wire with the team that spanked the team that spanked your team. If there's something wrong with anybody it's with you thinking you have a team.

Celtics went down the wire with the team that spanked the team that spanked your team. If there's something wrong with anybody it's with you thinking you have a team.

My team has a much brighter future than yours. Your team will be broken up and start rebuilding again for the unteenth time. My team has only missed the playoffs 5 times in their history, how about yours? 6 times just since 1996.:wink: My team rarely goes into rebuild mode and won't anytime soon.

My team has a much brighter future than yours. Your team will be broken up and start rebuilding again for the unteenth time. My team has only missed the playoffs 5 times in their history, how about yours? 6 times just since 1996.:wink: My team rarely goes into rebuild mode and won't anytime soon.

Damn... I can't even come up with a reply to this... well we have uglier cheerleaders!!!

Damn... I can't even come up with a reply to this... well we have uglier cheerleaders!!!

That's some funny s**t. Man, your still up?

We (Lakers) just got Steve Nash. Nash running pick and rolls with Bynum and Gasol all season long. Ready for more Chapionships.:biggrin:

Great move indeed . Nash still has a lot left in him. Lucky la

We (Lakers) just got Steve Nash. Nash running pick and rolls with Bynum and Gasol all season long. Ready for more Chapionships.:biggrin:

... thought thats what Ramon Sessions was going to bring.

Typical preseason laker fan: "We (Lakers) just got (fill in the blank). With him, Kobe and (fill in the blank) we're going to win multiple titles" :rolleyes:

... thought thats what Ramon Sessions was going to bring.

Steve Nash is a proven big time player, Ramon Sessions was not.:wink:

Typical preseason laker fan: "We (Lakers) just got (fill in the blank). With him, Kobe and (fill in the blank) we're going to win multiple titles" :rolleyes:

Typical Lakers hater.:rolleyes:

In another surprise move, the Heat acquire Ray Allen. Wow. These off season moves have been really... wow. Curious where Dwight Howard ends up.

In another surprise move, the Heat acquire Ray Allen. Wow. These off season moves have been really... wow. Curious where Dwight Howard ends up.

I'm not at all surprised by this move. If you watched the post game handshakes, Ray Allen was practically handing his resume to Wade, Lebron and Spoelstra after game 7. LoL.

Curious where Dwight Howard ends up.

Probably in LA in a trade for Bynum. It's the only logical trade for Orlando to make. Bynum is the only other true center in the league and he said he would play anywhere.

Probably in LA in a trade for Bynum. It's the only logical trade for Orlando to make. Bynum is the only other true center in the league and he said he would play anywhere.

I won't be sad to see Bynum leave. He's the most immature 24 year old in the NBA. His sense of entitlement is ridiculous... have you heard his interviews? Not questioning his talent as he's #2 behind Dwight and could be #1 if he tightens a few screws upstairs.

I'm a HUGE Steve Nash fan though. A true class act. Glad to see him go for one last push. But the next problem management has to solve is the bench...

It's official. Ray Allen is in Miami. God I hate miami. I'd rather see LA win...

What's this world coming to...

This is like finding out your girlfriend is going to date your best friend.

WHY RAY? WHY????

yeah its gonna be different to see ray in a miami jersey lol and he went there for less money also, what a sell out imo

i rather see lakers beat mia also

This is like finding out your girlfriend is going to date your best friend.

WHY RAY? WHY????

I suppose to be fair Ainge dangled Ray as trade bait during the '10-'11 season (suffered a slump because of it) and was told he was traded to Memphis just this last season (before Mayo-nnaise said he didn't want to go to Boston). I would have loved to see him still in Boston because I love that team. The writing has been on the wall :frown:

Here is the thing that makes me SO ANGRY about this deal. Orlando left TWO better deals on the table. 1 from the Nets, and an EXISTING one from the Rockets. Like WTF. No organization can be so inept that they give away the #1 big man of a generation for garbage (cept Afflalo, which really remains to be seen anyway) and unprotected picks. This was plain out and out theft on the Lakers part. Worse than the Gasol trade. How does this happen time and again for the Lakers? Why are other teams complicit in allowing this to occur? So what was the lockout all about? How does this help small market teams in any way? I ask again, WTF?

And as a side note, how in the world would you let the Lakers abuse you again like they did with Shaq? Just on principal alone, I would not have dealt with the Lakers. WTF?

Last edited:
How does this happen time and again for the Lakers?

Because they have had 2 of the best if not the best GM's in Jerry West and now Mitch Kupchak, who learned from West.

Why are other teams complicit in allowing this to occur?

Maybe because some teams are just happy to get to the playoffs and sometimes these trades do just that for them. But I really don't know and don't care either, just glad it happens for the Lakers benifit sometimes.:biggrin:

And as a side note, how in the world would you let the Lakers abuse you again like they did with Shaq? Just on principal alone, I would not have dealt with the Lakers. WTF?

They had little choice with Shaq because he was a free agent and could choose where he went.

Back