• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NBA Playoff thread

yeah the magic had better deals from the rockets lol , im glad the rockets didnt get all those heavy contracts from the magic lol.

magic made some dumb moves, denver and lakers winning

Doesnt matter. They still won't win. Because they are losers.

When I see that a player of Howard's caliber joins a team like Los Angeles the first question that comes to mind is.... Who's gonna coach them? To me, Mike Brown is not a championship caliber coach, simple as that.

Coaches who have won NBA titles since 1987.

Chuck Daly
Phil Jackson
Rudy Tomjanovich
Greg Popovich
Larry Brown
Pat Riley
Rick Carlisle
Eric Spoelstra

Small crowd.....

Doesnt matter. They still won't win. Because they are losers.

happy-haters-gonna-hate-l.png

ROFLMFAO

Is that Dave playing a sob song on a violin or how he walks with a girl, per one of his current threads here.:tongue:

Last edited:
This article sums up the Dwight trade pretty well. :frown:

Was it a bad sign for Orlando that they got significantly less for the league's only dominant center than the Hornets got for Chris Paul and the Nuggets got for Carmelo Anthony? I'm going out on a limb and saying "yes." Had I been running the Magic, there would have been a zero percent chance — repeat: zero percent chance — that I was trading Howard unless I was getting Bynum back AND dumping Turkoglu's contract. Without those two things, I'm just keeping Howard, letting the soap opera drag on and on for a few more months, then hoping I could do better in February.

Can any one say "Shaquille Oneil, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Gary Payton" aka 4 HOF players on the squad and after what is still referred to as "the five game sweep" only Kobe remained on the team the following season.

Except this time Kobe is just an aging shot jacker alongside an old and aging Nash, not to mention Lakers better hope Dwight doesn't re-injure his back.

When they lose in the WCF Howard will bounce and Nash will consider retirement after a season of nagging injuries... Kobe, well he will average about 40.1% from the field and complain that his teammates "aren't doing their part".

Nash you deserved better than this... Karma will not let you win a ring with the Lakers. :biggrin:

When I see that a player of Howard's caliber joins a team like Los Angeles the first question that comes to mind is.... Who's gonna coach them? To me, Mike Brown is not a championship caliber coach, simple as that.

Chuck Daly
Phil Jackson
Rudy Tomjanovich
Greg Popovich
Larry Brown
Pat Riley
Rick Carlisle
Eric Spoelstra

Small crowd.....

You forgot doc rivers. The best current coach in the NBA.

Eric Spoelstra?? True he's now won a championship but honestly I didn't see too many coaching gems with him. Almost got out coached by Doc Rivers with a hobbled Celtics team.

He did end up with the championship but in my mind it was more of Lebron James' brilliant performances at the end of the Celtic's series and then on as well as Mario Chalmers emergence than Spoelstra's coaching that won it all.

Chuck Daly
Phil Jackson
Rudy Tomjanovich
Greg Popovich
Larry Brown
Pat Riley
Rick Carlisle
Eric Spoelstra
Small crowd.....

Eric Spoelstra?? True he's now won a championship but honestly I didn't see too many coaching gems with him. Almost got out coached by Doc Rivers with a hobbled Celtics team.

He did end up with the championship but in my mind it was more of Lebron James' brilliant performances at the end of the Celtic's series and then on as well as Mario Chalmers emergence than Spoelstra's coaching that won it all.

I don't disagree with you. My point was to show that there is a very small fraternity of coaches (only 9!!!) who've won championships over the last 26 years. During that same span 18 different coaches won Super Bowls, 16 managers won World Series, 21 coaches won Stanley Cups.

I wasn't making commentary on the merits of greatness for each coach. Of the coaches on that list Spoelstra, along with Carlisle, have the least impressive resumes. Spoelstra was the main reason I doubted Miami's title chances for the '10-'11 season. This past season I didn't think he did an exceptional coaching job more so than just enough. I think he did get out coached by Doc in that series but it coincided with Lebron's ascension into the stratosphere. I remember saying to a friend of mine during the Celtics series that if Miami lost, Pat Riley should throw the universe at Phil Jackson to coach that team. With Phil Jackson coaching the Heat they would 5-peat and I'm saying that with a straight face.

So as with any new "Big-3" or, probably soon enough, "Big-4" I'm not so quick to jump on the NBA title bandwagon. One of the first questions I ask is, "who's gonna coach them?" That question applies to the Lakers and the acquisition of Howard.

Last edited:
So as with any new "Big-3" or, probably soon enough, "Big-4" I'm not so quick to jump on the NBA title bandwagon. One of the first questions I ask is, "who's gonna coach them?" That question applies to the Lakers and the acquisition of Howard.

Kobe:biggrin:

I think they will be fine with Brown. With Nash running the offense they should be fine there. Since Brown's specialty is defense and with Howard there to makeup for other's mistakes they should fine there too.

I don't disagree with you. My point was to show that there is a very small fraternity of coaches (only 9!!!) who've won championships over the last 26 years.

Ok gotcha. And, yes, that is an exclusive club even though Phil Jackson accounts for nearly half of them :eek:

I remember saying to a friend of mine during the Celtics series that if Miami lost, Pat Riley should throw the universe at Phil Jackson to coach that team.

Totally agree. If Miami loses Spoelstra would've been out in a NY minute! I mean c'mon, how hard is it to say 'Lebron, sic 'em!' :biggrin:

I'm actually excited this coming season with all the trades and acquisitions. Lot of long tenure players in new uniforms.

Kobe:biggrin:

I think they will be fine with Brown. With Nash running the offense they should be fine there. Since Brown's specialty is defense and with Howard there to makeup for other's mistakes they should fine there too.

You mean to tell me that with Nash running the point that Kobe is gonna have to something other than stand on the wing and clap for the ball?? See it when I believe it :wink: I'm eager to see Howard's condition after back surgery. These types of things spell doom for big men, especially explosive ones (see David Robinson and Larry Johnson). It's more of a concern for me because Howard is a 6'9" center (yes only 6'9" without shoes) who relies on athleticism and is less offensively talented than either Robinson or Johnson. It'll have me watching Lakers games for sure though I don't think It'll be enough to supplant OKC in the west.

It's more of a concern for me because Howard is a 6'9" center (yes only 6'9" without shoes) who relies on athleticism and is less offensively talented than either Robinson or Johnson.

Wasn't that a draft measurement when he was 17?

The pre-draft measurements were taken when he was 18. I doubt he's grown but it's not out of the question. Kevin Garnett measured a pre-draft, barefoot 6'11". He was measured at 7'1" with shoes in 1997.

No clue what Dwight's real height is, but I doubt it is still 6'9". I would believe these new generation freaks of nature still have a bit of growing past the norm. When you see him on the court, he is absolutely taller than most forwards, who are also lying. :biggrin: Can't wait to see him go up against Bynum this coming season, that will be a true indicator. Bynum is a big boy.

This LAL lineup really looks unstoppable now. This is really bad news for everyone else. I just don't see how they can be beaten short of some serious injuries.

Back