• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need advice on do it yourself clear bra

nb0

Registered Member

1. What is the best do it yourself clear bra brand to buy? Is 3M the best?
2. How much does it cost for a do it yourself clear bra?
3. Is it easy to apply?

Don't do it! Unless you have installed clear bras before. I watched the instyaller do my NSX and my Prius. It looked like a real bitXX. Especially the NSX with somany angles and curves to handle. I oaid $600 for the NSX and$400 for the Prius. The material can only be like $50 I would guess, the majority is labor. I wanted theclear bra to truly be invisible, so I had the professional do it and was not disappointed.

3. Is it easy to apply?

1.) 3M is a very good and reliable brand, and what I use.

2.) Depends on what you want. If you buy a pre-cut kit, they are usually a few hundred dollars for a good one. If you do a custom kit from a bulk roll, your cost varies depending on how much you cover.

3.) No. :cool:

Need advice? Unless you are an experienced window tint installer, I wouldn't do this as a DIY.

Best advice: Have it done professionally the first time, so you don't have to have it done over again after the DIY.

3. Is it easy to apply?

1. Currently, VentureShield has a better product than 3M
2. Don't know.
3. Depends on your experience. I had mine installed by a professional. I can do window tiniting, but to custom install a clear bra for the bumper takes a fair amount of skills that I don't have.

Pre cut film will leave expose film lines about 1/8 to 1/4 inch from the edge of the hood, fender.....

See: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92911
My comments are on post #5

Back