• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Body Shop Recommendations in Northern California: Adjustor Calling Tomarrow help

My NSX was rear ended last week while I was at a stop light 8(
Now it's time to get her fixed. I went to my normal body shop (used to repaint my supra several years ago) who do great work but they said they weren't certified to fix the NSX (even though they do mainly BMW's and are certified to fix the new 5 series which has an alluminum front end) so wouldn't want to do a bad job. I trust those guys a lot, most shops woulda just taken it on and screwed it up. They recommended me to Sturkens in San Jose. I called them and they told me they work on approximately 50 NSX's a year. I find it a little hard to believe that many NSX's get wrecked every year in this area so i'm turning to you guys for help. Anyone have any experience with this shop? If not, recommendations? The other ladies insurance is paying for it so price isn't the major factor. However, I do want the work done perfect. Thanks in advance guys.

Re: Need Body Shop Recommendations in Northern California: Adjustor Calling Tomarrow help

NorCal91NSX said:
...I called them and they told me they work on approximately 50 NSX's a year. ....

An NSX in their shop every week huh?
Don't think so!

Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland (close to airport off 98th Street) is a very popular recommendation - they do many high-end cars.

There are quite a few body shops in the area, one that I and others have used in San Mateo is:

Costelli and Pardini at (650) 571-7001.

They are quite good and experienced with the NSX.

Others are:

Autobahn Body & Paint
778 Yuba Dr
Mountain View CA 94041
650/966-1840

Bodystyle

524 E Brokaw Rd
San Jose CA 95112.
(408) 436-1616.

Good luck,

Re: Need Body Shop Recommendations in Northern California: Adjustor Calling Tomarrow help

I'd stay away from a shop that "claims" to fix 50 NSXs a year.

Ken and Ken both have good recommendations.

I had my NSX fixed at Brooks Motor cars (front end repaint) and they did an excellent job. They are expensive and it shows in their work.

Brooks Motor Cars
9829 Bigge St.
Oakland, CA.
(510) 632-8901

They are off of 98th when going toward the Oakland Airport. When coming from south Bay, take 880N, exit 98th, turn left on 98th going west toward the airport and turn left on Bigge St. Its a big shop on the right hand side. Talk with Daniel (Dan) Kim. He is the owner and ask that he handle your claim. They are certified to work on aluminum cars. They have painted and repaired several NSXs including at least one or two within the last year that got a full repaint.

I have to throw my vote to Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland too. As far as price, I have not found them to be any more expensive than anyone else. I have had estimates form several shops on some of my cars when they have been damaged. Brooks has always been right in line price wise with the other shops. Daniel Kim at Brooks is the man when it comes to taking care of your car. He has worked on many of my cars over the years including twice on my 2001 NSX. Good luck.

:biggrin: Ah just take it to earl shibe he will paint any car for $99.00

8)

seriously do you have any pics of your car sorry about the wrinkeled aluminumnum.:frown:

What kind of car hit you?

I've had work done by Sturken and they have done a pretty good job on my car but I had to set expectations with them on what results I was looking for. They have changed some of their employees and the office manager who I dealt with is no longer there so not sure how they are since I've used them about 4-5 years ago.

white93nsx said:
I've had work done by Sturken and they have done a pretty good job on my car but I had to set expectations with them on what results I was looking for. They have changed some of their employees and the office manager who I dealt with is no longer there so not sure how they are since I've used them about 4-5 years ago.

Cu Tran at Sturken is a pleasure to deal with. Sturken did some work on my car about 2 years ago, and even though it wasn't absolutely perfect, it was decent. Had to go back a few times to have them re-position the doors and the trunk, and if you look really closely, you can see some orange peel effect on the left rear fender which was replaced and painted. They also did the custom work for my red LED lights in the front bumper.

-CiaoBoy

Hey Norcal91,

:frown: So sorry to here about your accident. Such a horrible feeling! I would highly recommend MIKES AUTO BODY in Pleasanton, CA. Mine got keyed (TWICE :frown: ) on the passenger door and worked miracles with the buffer and wet sanding. I have since refered 7 people to them including mickeylex who's integra got keyed as well. They do immaculate body and paint work. If you decide to check them out give

Colin (general manager)
Mikes Auto Body
925-600-1739

A call and tell him Brandee sent you. He is a super nice guy and very profesional. He will take good care of you!

ps. STAY AWAY FROM B&S HACIENDA!!!

Good Luck,

Brandee

Back