• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Need CEL code's Clarification

Ok so today I received my new COIL PACKS and rear wheel sensor... Installed and took the car around the block... All was good turned onto the road and back on the TCS and Check engine... and now the EPS..

I had the clock fuse pulled before changing the parts

(Car is 96 NA1 Manual car)

now re ran the CEL:

Check Engine gave me 8, 81, 82
ABS 48
EPS 31, 33

What's stumping me is abs 48 is the rear left (driver) wheel sensor that I just bought. the rest I can't fine and the search on PRIME is giving me nothing.

the EPS recently came on after me agressavily driving one day, reset the ECU and it's gone... might be getting old no clue.

Help me firgure this out ASAP I'm tired of looking at this christmas tree on the dash..

EPS 31- Problem with voltage for IG1
EPS 33- Problem with average of signal on VSS1 and VSS2

You need to use a OBDII scanner for the cel since those numbers don't appear in the manual.

Check fuse 5 in the under dash fuse box first. Speed sensors can cause multiple systems to fail so concentrate on fixing that and it may fix everything. I would also look over the one that you replaced to see if everything looks like it should.

Mike

Last edited:
EPS 31- Problem with voltage for IG1
EPS 33- Problem with average of signal on VSS1 and VSS2

You need to use a OBDII scanner for the cel since those numbers don't appear in the manual.

Mike

The odd thing after I posted that list I pulled the clock plug and no EPS and no ABS light.... The only thing is the check engine and immediatly after was the TCS...

My guess is the 18/19's I'm running on the car... Correct me if I'm wrong will I always have to have those showing up on the dash...

The odd thing after I posted that list I pulled the clock plug and no EPS and no ABS light.... The only thing is the check engine and immediatly after was the TCS...

My guess is the 18/19's I'm running on the car... Correct me if I'm wrong will I always have to have those showing up on the dash...

Have you drove around to see if the others come back? I run 18/19 with no issue but i believe it depends on the tire size used.

Mike

Have you drove around to see if the others come back? I run 18/19 with no issue but i believe it depends on the tire size used.

Mike

Drove about 5 miles parked at the auto parts store and back no EPS or ABS that came on..

Just the TSC and Check engine...

Looking to by a scanner just don't know which one to buy.. One with ABS also or just a basic one to pull the numbers.

Drove about 5 miles parked at the auto parts store and back no EPS or ABS that came on..

Just the TSC and Check engine...

Looking to by a scanner just don't know which one to buy.. One with ABS also or just a basic one to pull the numbers.

What codes are you getting now?

One that shows freeze frame data and also allows you to monitor in real time are very useful. Freeze frame data is a snapshot of the operating parameters from the moment that the problem started.

Mike

Last edited:
What codes are you getting now?

One that shows freeze frame data and also allows you to monitor in real time are very useful. Freeze frame data is a snapshot of the operating parameters from the moment that the problem started.

Mike

I went an bought my scanner.. P1300, P1301, P1302, P1303 misfire cylinder 1-3.... WHY??? I just replace all 6 coils with new ones...

I have another ignitor I might try and see if that's the problem...

Ideas?

Back