• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need help, AEM FIC

need help, guys :(
just finished installing the bbsc kit and it's ready to start. anyone here has a base map that you can share
to get the car running ? im running 750cc .

appreciate it

Read the F/IC setup guide with the F/IC software ther is not really a startup map, you need to make a fuel map that accounts for the injector size change and there is a wizard for that to get you close. Then you need to be able to see your fuel trims to fine tune the map.

What year is your car?

Dave

Sell that crap and get an EMS. Save yourself the headache now.

i will upgrade to EMS later on. short of funds to get one. :frown:
i will just probably tow the car to the tuner to save the headache.

On a 91 the F/IC will be much harder to setup correctly as the fuel trims are not able to be read out from the ECU without adding a serial port to the OEM ECU and getting the needed software to read the data. Used AEM Series 1 ECUs go for about $500.00 in the used parts forum, save your money and sell the F/IC before you waste a bunch of money on the tune and dyno time with the F/IC. The tune will take twice as long as the ECU tune so when you look at the real costs between the two options you will not be spending much more for the AEM ECU.

Unless your tuner knows what he is getting into with an F/IC on an OBDI car you will be spending a lot of money while he learns and he may even give up before the tune is finished. The F/IC can be very frustrating when you have no data to verify your changes. Even after doing several OBDII cars with the F/IC I still have a very hard time with the F/IC on an OBDI setup. It can be done but it takes a lot of trial and error to get the idle and drivability right, WOT is easy and can be done just as quick as an OBDII car but when the OEM ECU is in closed loop he will be flying blind and chasing an ever moving target.

Series 1 for sale in market place:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Management-System-ECU?highlight=AEM+Series+1

F/IC sold in market place:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-91-94-NSX-200-amp-100?highlight=AEM+Series+1

Dave

Last edited:
hey, thanks for looking up...really appreciate it. i will contact that person selling the ems.

thanks again!

Update need help:
Fic finally installed but car won't start. It cranks fine but it won't fire up. My tuner is trying to find out what is causing it. My tuner found out first that fic not connected to ecu. How is that possible? But they fixed that problem. Now car won't fire up. Any advice ??

Tks

There is a bypass clip that should have shipped with the F/IC, unplug F/IC and insert clip, if it does not fire then you either have a wire harness issue or something mechanical causing your issue. Do not run or idle the car as you will be at OEM injector pulse width on injectors that ae twice the size of stock.

Make sure the F/IC is the correct version for a Honda and it has the correct Firmware.

Dave

There is a bypass clip that should have shipped with the F/IC, unplug F/IC and insert clip, if it does not fire then you either have a wire harness issue or something mechanical causing your issue. Do not run or idle the car as you will be at OEM injector pulse width on injectors that ae twice the size of stock.

Make sure the F/IC is the correct version for a Honda and it has the correct Firmware.

Dave

What he said, plus if you can install the factory injectors and get it to run on the FIC with all zeros in the map it should run exactly like stock. Will eliminate flooding of the engine while you are trying to figure things out.

thanks for the help guys, car is up and running perfectly! just found another tuner that has more experience with FIC.

Back