• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need HELP locating 1st Gen NSX Ignition wiring (Front Side)

I've been looking for either a donor car, or a company that can rewire the ignition wiring harness that is for cylinders 4/5/6 facing the FRONT side of the car.

Honda no longer manufactures them, and I've had zero luck. All I want to do is get this damn car back on the road, and running as strong as it did previously.

I've been through the laundry list of replacing/swapping every imaginable part. This is the only item I've NOT swapped out.

I've done the following so far.....
New plugs - 6
New ignition coils - 6
Swapped out the Ignitor with a known good one.
Swapped out the AEM EMS with a known good one.
removed the aftermarket fuel rails & sent the RC Eng injectors back to them to be retuned.
Performed a compression test on all 6 cylinders
Viewed ALL of the valve springs, and they're ALL in very good cond.(nothing cracked/broke).

I'd like to at least swap out the ignition wiring on the side where the cylinder #5 is experiencing the misfire. If this doe not resolve the issue, I'm at a loss because I no longer have any legitimate options other than to wait till tax season and have the car dropped off to a shop.

Suggestions on leads are preferred if anyone has legit input. Kinda at the end of my rope.

It looks like the wiring harness is a one-piece unit (see #6 in diagram). While it is NLA at US dealers it is available from www.amayama.com. PN 32110-PR7-A01 is expensive @ $1,320.29

attachment.php

There are companies that fabricate wiring harnesses. However, I expect that by the time they pull your old harness apart to 'map' the harness and source new terminal plugs, $1320 will seem cheap.

Back