• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help picking a new daily driver

I'm a car nut, but also stingy these two don't go together well. The only cars I have ever found to satisfy me and have the best of all worlds was my Integra and the NSX.

I'm keeping the NSX and I currently have a daily 98 civic.
Looking for something new to go out to dinner in when I don't want to tie the NSX.

I want performance as well as a head turner' something you don't see everyday on the road but can be a reliable daily driver without spending a lot of money. So my list started with an E63 AMD Mercedes, then expanded to the M5, then a GT-R but that's too expensive even used..... By the way I'm looking for 2009 -11, nothing brand new.
List now includes Audi S5. Any suggestions appreciated. So I've rearranged a bit now.....

let's try to keep it around $50k
1) Audi S5 2009+ ~$50
2) E63 AMG 2009 + ~$40-50
3) Audi S7 2012..... Most definitely out of price range
4) BMW X6-M......definitely outta range but unique
5) BMW X5-M....... Looks like any other X5, nothing special

Off lease 2009 or 2010 CTS-V. Coupe or sedan - both cool and wicked fast. Under $50K easy,

2) E63 AMG 2009 + ~$40-50

Hands down the best out of the crowd.
I would also suggest E55 for a bit less price wise. For my "other car" luxury wise I have owned quite a few of the Mercedes Clk500, E class etc as well as Audi's and do have to say as far as comfort and reliability the Mercedes blows the other brands away. They also seem to hold their value fairly well.

I'd also suggest driving all of them to see what suits you best, but IMO the Benz takes the cake.

I used to work with several car dealship which happens to include Audi Mercs and BMW, wouldn't really say they are "reliable"... Also, looking at the list, I am guessing fuel consumption is no issue here either. Around 50k these seems pretty promising Here's my take on a few:

More pratical:
E63/55 wagon 02-09 (W211)
Audi RS4 sedan/wagon (B7)
BMW m3 sedan (e90/92/93)
Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT (Not the GT S sadly, out of price range)

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming

I just looked more into the Audi, seems the RS5 made it here this week for 2013, but it's probably over 70k :-(
As far as wagon..... I love it, the girlfriend/ wife to be says no lol

M3s are a dime a dozen.
The Eclass is everywhere but the AMG you can tell from a distance, I guess you can say that about the E46 m3 also but they are more available. I like the looks I get when the NSX pulls up.....trying to maintain that

Maserati for a daily??? Really?

Ha, nice but need something that I can take on longer trips, getting married need something that you can fit a woman's suitcase in lol

you live in Georgia.... I seriously doubt you need AWD. If you are mainly using it for date nights etc then a E63 with the last of the N.A. 6.2L AMG V8's might be a great collector sedan!:wink:

Cheap to buy or cheap to keep? Because none of what you have listed is cheap to keep. Are you expecting honda reliability from ANY of these?

If you don't care about that then you should definitely get a quattroprte.

If you want fast and cheap to keep then get this:

bdba8c23.jpg

I feel like those Amg cars are so damn boring. So what they are fast. What are you gonna drive at illegal
Speeds on the highway or race from stoplight to stoplight? I was driving a couple friends s63 and cls63 the other day and almost fell asleep lol. Besides the power there is no driving excitement.

Go with an m5 or s5. Something w a manual gearbox

Last edited:
If you want fast and cheap to keep then get this:

bdba8c23.jpg

Ooooohhhh IS-F, forgot about that. See this is what I needed.
Thanks.
Added to list there are tons of IS on the road but these stand out

So we have added 2

CTS-V coupe
Lexus IS-F

Agree on the CTS-V that it'll depreciate quick. I think that if I don't pound on the car too much and I get something under warranty I don't have to worry much about reliability and costs. But I'm willing to try.

Last edited:
I feel like those Amg cars are so damn boring. So what they are fast. What are you gonna drive at illegal
Speeds on the highway or race from stoplight to stoplight? I was driving a couple friends s63 and cls63 the other day and almost fell asleep lol. Besides the power there is no driving excitement.

Go with an m5 or s5. Something w a manual gearbox

Actually Payam I'm looking to get away from a manual on this one so the Gf can drive it too, this is why tiptronic or something like it is a must.

Ps..... Persian? Chetori? ;)

Actually Payam I'm looking to get away from a manual on this one so the Gf can drive it too, this is why tiptronic or something like it is a must.

Ps..... Persian? Chetori? ;)

Makes sense. In that case. E63 :)

Yes yes I am haha are you?

I would at the s4. I really like that car. The sc motor is fun to drive and you can get dual clutch tranny.

Bro is selling his lol....... 40k I think and yeah. It is a sweet car. Fast, beefy and mad torque. He selling to get an NSX lol. Only reason why. Car is clean. Fully loaded. Not just his but in general, best 4 door for the price. It's a Toyota, it will run forever.

Here is the link if your interested.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...XUS&searchRadius=75&listingId=325657118&Log=0

Your bother's photography work really sucks. LOL... Seriously, you want to sell the car, take a few better photos! He's not selling a Chevy cavalier.

Ooooohhhh IS-F, forgot about that. See this is what I needed.
Thanks.
Added to list there are tons of IS on the road but these stand out

So we have added 2

CTS-V coupe
Lexus IS-F

Agree on the CTS-V that it'll depreciate quick. I think that if I don't pound on the car too much and I get something under warranty I don't have to worry much about reliability and costs. But I'm willing to try.

These (ISF) are EXTREMELY fun, and well within your budget, and they don't break so the maintenance money can go to some nice mods. I think they are more fun than a lot of MB's that have really bad steering feel. Go drive one.

Last edited:
And if you are going to get something under warranty, no way would I give up a QuattroPorte for a German of any sort. The sounds and feel of that car are in a different class.

The E63 is a BEAST. My good friend has one and I've driven it quite a bit. It's very tame for everyday, but will give you goose bumps at full throttle. It is a little boring to drive though when not accelerating.

A good compromise, how about the C63? Same engine, detuned slightly. It handles like it's on rails, the factory exhaust note sounds better than ANY aftermarket NSX exhaust I've ever heard, and it's not boring.

I particularly love the exhaust sound, the D shaped steering, the seats, hood, quad exhaust tips, etc.

Just a thought... :smile:

c63%20adv.5%20ADV.1.jpg

I say CTS-V!! Coupe, Sedan or Wagon.

CTS-V = 556HP :biggrin::biggrin:
AMG E63 = 518 HP :frown:
Lexus IS-F = 416 HP :frown::frown:

Back