• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New '98 Owner in the Philippines.

Since this picture was taken. I've installed Tein 1.0" Springs. I am interested in upgrading the brake system. Could you recommend a good BBK that will clear the PF01s?

Thanks.

An updated look on my NSX with 17/18 Enkei PF01. Springs will soon to follow.

P1030025_zpsaa69299e.jpg

Since this picture was taken. I've installed Tein 1.0" Springs. I am interested in upgrading the brake system. Could you recommend a good BBK that will clear the PF01s?

Thanks.
What's your offset? i think StopTech might clear yours.

WOW....thats my old car!

I sold it back in 2008 or 2009 to a guy in NY. Glad to see it end up back on PRIME...and now its supercharged! Its funny looking at some of these pics you put up. Brings back memories...like when I installed the KN&N sticker on the airbox and the locustom antenna.

As far as the noise concern you are getting, it happened to me a few times when I had the car too. I could never get it to happen long enough for me to diagnose it. It happened whether the radio was on or off, or if the heat/ac was on or off. Mostly when the weather was hot though. It was also starting to have an issue where the fan would only work on high. All points to a climate control module repair. Briank can help you out.

Glad the last owner took off that CF hood and spoiler off...looks much cleaner again.

Heres a link to my old For sale post....it has some info you may be interested to hear about...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-PC-Kaiser-Silver-Black-VIN-JH4NA2160WT000166

In terms of the aspirator fan noise...

The clearance between the edge of the fan and the surrounding housing is very tiny. If it was screwed down too tight the housing might flex and the fan will graze it. This happened to me twice and I had to pull apart the fan assembly. Might be a good time to service it anyway.

Any changes in temperature might be enough to expand the plastic the housing and fan is made off and will be enough to cause it to rub.

Sounds crazy. but there really is VERY little room in between the fan and the housing. You might even be able to grind some of the fan blades down a very tiny bit.

Hi StupidJunior. This is absolutely awesome. Yes the car still has the k & n sticker on the air box. However everything inside now is back to stock. Nav pod is gone, steering wheel is also stock. I will post pics if I can of the interior. The noise just went away on its own and i just got a climate control board from briank recently so the a/c is perfect.

The guy I got it from installed the supercharger and did the timing belt replacement at the local dealership in Colorado. Also all weatherstrips were replaced with brand new ones.

What was the tablet you used for the nav pod and what do you do with it?

- - - Updated - - -

What's your offset? i think StopTech might clear yours.

I forgot the offset.. Could be something like +43 front +38 rear. Let me check tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi StupidJunior. This is absolutely awesome. Yes the car still has the k & n sticker on the air box. However everything inside now is back to stock. Nav pod is gone, steering wheel is also stock. I will post pics if I can of the interior. The noise just went away on its own and i just got a climate control board from briank recently so the a/c is perfect.

The guy I got it from installed the supercharger and did the timing belt replacement at the local dealership in Colorado. Also all weatherstrips were replaced with brand new ones.

What was the tablet you used for the nav pod and what do you do with it?

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot the offset.. Could be something like +43 front +38 rear. Let me check tomorrow.

I didnt use a tablet, i built a custom car pc and used a touchscreen vga monitor. still have the harness i built for it too. Have everything except the nav pod, so if youre interested, let me know.

I am also looking to replace my steering wheel. I already got a Momo tuner. I need to get a short hub or or regular hub since I don't the steering wheel to be removable. However, I want the Sparco buttons for the cruise control. Can someone send me some info on how to wire the CC? Thanks.

Lookin' for a Carbon Fiber 2Din console...can anyone suggest where to get? Thanks.

Took her to the track last weekend and the word addiction couldn't even begin to describe the feeling...

5151C311-D1D2-4999-91B1-7CE1E6D3AFE9-8146-000002C0BECE9667_zps5805f2ec.jpg

MOMSPH, that looks awesome. Where is this track? Is this near Clark? I heard there were building something there several years back. Next time I am in PI, we need to meet up!

Indeed it is in Clark International Speedway. Look me up when you get here.

MOMSPH, that looks awesome. Where is this track? Is this near Clark? I heard there were building something there several years back. Next time I am in PI, we need to meet up!

Alright so I got some Type R parts in from SOS and Louis to work with this Easter holiday. Too minor to post in build thread. Will post more pics as the work progresses.

CA30A84A-A297-4EDC-8FB8-9B4B9259DF97-1226-000000352F8FA2EE_zps84513eab.jpg

Back