• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Acura sportscar looking GOOOOOOD!

Also the front fenders are similar in shape with S2k.

What we need is a side shot to see the wheel base to have a better idea.

BUT, I doubt Honda will go out their way creating something like this out of nothing. I really think it is just a NSX with different skins.

The rail underneath the windshield is a give away.

I have to say, despite the "shield" front end (which may have something to do why Acura was chosen), this is the best iteration of the Acura "shield" that I have seen. It flows well with the car, much like the TSX and MDX and quite unlike the TL.

I like it; it is the best we have seen out of Acura's design studio in quite some time.

Makes you wonder if Honda/Acura designed it or some custom shop!?

Looks like Acura is ripping off Mazda...

I don't know about that. The grill looks like a version of their current "beak" design. I guess Mazda has a similar shape as well :rolleyes:

Acura-Concept.jpg

acura-tsx-v6-5.jpg

Please build it! I'll buy it!!! :cool:

Wish these two threads were combined or something:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1471393&postcount=18

"UPDATE: Acura spokesman Gary Robinson has gotten back to us. Here's what he had to say:
As you may know, Acura has been in the Marvel Comics Universe films as the official car of their fictional law enforcement agency called S.H.I.E.L.D. That relationship continues for The Avengers.

The open-top sports car that was photographed yesterday is a one-off, fictional car that was made just for the movie and will not be produced.

That said, as you may also know, our CEO has said publicly that we are studying the development of a new sportscar, but we can't say any more about it at this time."

Here's hoping this is to spin some interest for Acura.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHAT???

A "one off"? Let's hope not. It looks like a NA2 frame under all that sheet metal though...

What I got from those images was, at least there's still some design innovation left with Honda/Acura, regardless if its not being produced and is only a one off it does look very appealing. Minus the colour, which is... appalling.

Not sure if this has any correlation but since this "one off" is replacing the R8 in the movie, could this possibly be a hint that Honda/Acura is aiming for an R8 competitor in the future? a la mid engine hybrid. Just speculation on my part. But I can dream lol.

Rumors of said mid engine, sh-awd, hybrid option are seeming to come together at least in my mind.

I cant believe I didn't notice this in the pictures. But why are they so set on that stupid ass grill. I mean why??!

They don't make production versions of the prototype cars they develop, so hey maybe they WILL make this.:rolleyes:

I'm not the target for a new supercar but I'm not interested in a convertible anyway. :D

Let me just say that Honda should promote the designer of this car to be in charge of all Acura models. Now THAT is what I call a proper-looking car! Color is wack though. :) Also, the rear needs some work...more of a /=\ shape than \=/. The trapezoid shape makes the car look lower and faster.

Its just the way the exhaust outlets are arranged, just doesnt seem to flow. if they were horizontally positioned instead of vertically, would look more appealing.

Those aren't exhausts, they are dilithium crystal coolers....since this car is essentially make believe anyhow.

Not a long shot guess for this to be on an NA2 chassis. On the rear pic there looks to be hints of the rear "boomerang" brace I think. The rear tires cambers like a stock NA2 also.

A side profile shot would be more telling. It's too hard to tell if this is S2000 based or NSX based or possibly entirely new. Robert Downey isn't a big guy but he looks huge standing next to it so I think this car is smaller than the NSX. It looks more S2000 size or, dare I say, Saturn Sky size. The low front hood and the rear bulge hints at a mid engine car though which is interesting :)

Unfortunately, there's too much history in the movies of cars that did not make it and cars that were proproduction prototypes.

Cars that didnt make it.
Lexus from Minority Report
Corvette Stingray from Transformers

Cars that did make it.
R8 from iRobot
Camaro from Transformers

I'd really like to know what's Acura USA's motive is for this car. Let alone branding the Acura logo when Acura is really only a N.America brand yet this movie will be shown globally. They must be spending all this advertising dollars for something... I just saw Thor recently and was caught off guard when SHIELD vehicles were all Acuras.

Perhaps pics of the interior would be more telling...

There you go.

Even the rearview mirror look like it's from an old NSX or Integra..lol
attachment.php

I hadn't seen this angle before. The distance between the door and the trunk seems shorter than the NSX proportions. From this angle my guess is it's likely a new design.

And the mystery continues!

Could also be a HSV-10 chassis. Low nose and all....

Should be pretty obvious that it's based on a HSV prototype (production version).

Firstly, if you look at the purpose of the concept's fiberglass "speedster" tonneau it is there to cover the space left by the removal of the trunk hatch and c-pillars found on the HSV. By removing the trunk hatch and c-pillars of the HSV and replacing it with the tonneau, the rear of the concept vehicle is relatively "flat" in comparison to the HSV, whose rear hatch and center taillight assembly both defines the rear shape of the vehicle and serves as a rear spoiler.

Notice how this rear shape of the HSV is entirely absent on the concept, yet the shape of the corner taillights remains relatively unchanged. Instead of the distinctive "protruding" factory lenses (whose outward protrusion serves as part of the trailing edge of the spoiler shape) found on the HSV, the concept has simple non-protruding taillights utilizing simple LED rope inserts. Note the purposeless vents which occupy "dead space" where the lenses once were.

Also note, the character/fender flare line and it's termination into the corners of the rear taillights. (***Compare Images***)

Lastly, the distinctive doors, whose lower shape which is obscured by a body kit.

126968089417316225554.JPG

attachment.php

I think you might have nailed it here. And that makes me sad. I'll take any type of sports car noise from Honda atm, but that HSV always reminded me of a Corvette. I'd much rather see something mid-engined...

Let's match up with these ASC pics instead of the race car version ( HSV ). From what I'm seeing your dead on Sportnik! That is definitely the ASC. How balls out would it be if Honda shocked everyone and did a hybrid V10. Not holding my breathe though.

At this point i'll take pretty much anything from Honda. I'm just praying to have a different option other than the GT-R when i'm in the market again.

good call on the HSV comparo btw sportnik. I can't believe I missed the similarities with the hood itself!

Looks mid-engine proportions to me, with the ASCC rear end. The long nose does not exist.

THAT is a mid engine car. And I can count all the mid engine platforms that Honda has built on one finger.

I don't think that this car is a strait forward chassis from Honda; I think they chopped the trunk off the NSX.

Perhaps they have to increase the wheel arches couple of inches to accommodate those giant 20 plus in wheels, so made the gap you mentioned closer.

The picture I posted was to show the dash where this vehicle has the same bump as the NSX at the bottom end of the wind shield.

agree with you VH. makes the guessing game so much more interesting! all i know is... this is damn sexy! it's like a totally more svelte R8. I hope Honda is reading this thread!

wish someone would crop out IRONMAN and his retarded sidekick. if this had some futuristic looking popup headlights...wow
tumblrlqy89et0ym1qcpj2l.jpg

Build it! I'm a buyer!!

I really dig this design. Honda really should put it into production.

Think about this. The original NSX chassis will probably meets today's crash standard. All they have to do is to tweak that chassis a little and insert a 6 cylinder DOHC engine with either Turbo or SC. Even with an AP1/S2k NA design with 120HP/Liter from a 3.5L can produce 420 HP. All they have to do is to bring the nil to sixty to 4 second mark and they have a winner.

Since C30A/C32B are the only two DOHC engines they have, so they'll have to either create a new engine, or revive those two.

It is not unreasonable to think the C series can produce more than 500HP from Honda with reinforced con-rod and pistons heads. After all, they do have the know how of Turbo engine technology.

If they do well in marketing, I'm sure they can keep the car under $90k if they can sell 10,000 a year. I think it is completely do-able.

Imagine a NSX class car with 500HP under 3000 lbs for less than $100k, they will clean house!

Honda, are you reading this?

COMBINED!!:cool:

Mod, please delete the other thread.......

LoL Not as clean of a combine but it works...LoL

Back