• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New aftercooler and 500+ whp

I will post the data from the dyno later in the week when I get back.

Bythe way - she made 261 whp naturally aspirated with 9.0:1 compression the week before we bolted on the new blower setup.

A huge thanks to Mark Basch for lending me a Paxton for testing (thieves suck).

Attachments

• Engine Bay3.JPG
    Engine Bay3.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,729
Re: New aftercooler = 500+ whp

Very impressive ..... good luck with the project. Im guessing from the pic that the OEM engine cover will not go back on with this set up ?

What is the funtion of the equipment shown in the photo?

Surff78 said:
where does the 500 whp come into play?

And at how many LBS of boost/
Nice power.. how was the torque numbers?
The AC looks good as well.

The OEM cover does not fit over the new setup and the aftercooler is not an AEM product. I am however using an AEM fuel pressure regulator, AEM dual channel UEGO, and of course an AEM EMS (I removed the throttle-by-wire and backdated the car to utilize a throttle cable and OBD1 electronics). I will post boost levels and some dyno graphs after I return home on Friday.

The new cooler setup is something that I've been working on for over a year on my own. I appreciate your comments.

Devin@AEM said:
The OEM cover does not fit over the new setup and the aftercooler is not an AEM product. I am however using an AEM fuel pressure regulator, AEM dual channel UEGO, and of course an AEM EMS (I removed the throttle-by-wire and backdated the car to utilize a throttle cable and OBD1 electronics). I will post boost levels and some dyno graphs after I return home on Friday.

The new cooler setup is something that I've been working on for over a year on my own. I appreciate your comments.

Congrats man. It looks like it 'belongs' there, which is the best you could hope for... aside from it being functional of course.

Looks great Devin! Have you measured the IAT's ? Does it have the usual spearco mounted in front of the radiator? Lots of questions, but I will patiently wait for your write up.
woody

Glenn - I've got a ton of great data on the way. The IATs have been extremely low even with terrible engine heat temps doing hot dyno runs one right after another. Very, very stable temps. I made another identical 2 row aluminum heat exchanger in front of the radiator identical to yours as well as the same 1 gallon composite water cell and water pump. Everything is working great!

The core is Laminova and is proving to work just as expected. The end tanks are custom one-off cast aluminum with quite a bit of time spent in regards to air flow.

The engine is a fully built 3.2L with low compression pistons, Ti rods, and ductile sleeves.

When I get back from this trip, I will post a bunch more pics and solid data.

I am attaching 3 dyno graphs.

The first is the baseline run of the low compression built engine with just a 3" aluminum tube and 3" ID inlet AEM cone filter for an intake (no supercharger). This allowed us to get a true baseline to gauge the boosted runs against. I couldn't complain with 261 whp from a 3.2L considering the 9.0:1 low compression build.

The second is a low boost run with a pulley supplied from Mark Basch that produced approximately 7 psi (no tuning changes or improvements from my street tuning). Pretty much right in line with what I expected in comparison to others with similar modifications / boost.

The last graph shows a run with a pulley I made for my final pump gas street setting. This produced 14 psi @ 7800 RPM and showed over 525whp with just one improvement in timing advance and a little touch on the fuel table to fine tune the air/fuel ratio. All in all less than a dozen dyno runs from 261 N/A to 526hp boosted. Dan and I couldn't stop joking about it after the last dyno runs because essentially I haven't even started to push with more advance and leaner air/fuel ratios for power.

Some race gas and a smaller pulley for more boost is going to be insane! You just can't wipe the smile off your face on the street - power is so linear and just doesn't stop pulling to redline. I can't wait to test performance at the local track considering it ran 11.9 @ 119mph with 401 whp a year ago.

Based on what I've heard from several members, I think this is the most hp documented from a supercharged NSX.

Attachments

• 261hp 201tq.jpg
    261hp 201tq.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,220
Last edited:

Wow! That is incredible. I can only imagine what it is like to drive.

Surff78 said:
where does the 500 whp come into play?

Probably about 3 milliseconds before the engine does an amazingly lifelike re-creation of Chernobyl.
joker.gif

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

You Suck!.........and your car BLOWS! :wink:

Back