• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Car- Porsche 911 (993)

Hey guys, I picked up a 1996 Porsche 911 (Iris Blue C4S) a few months back. As much as I love the NSX, I wanted another car with some back seats. Don't worry, I still have my NSX (10 year owner as of this month)! The color is Iris Blue Metallic and previously outfitted with an OEM Porsche Areokit II, Bilstein PSS10's, and BBS E88's. The first thing I did was to bring the car back to the shop that completed my PPI and sort out a few things. Clutch was nearly worn and replaced. A leak was fixed in the case through bolts. I know most people live with this, but I thought to get the car completely sorted since I had some extra funds from a trade. Also newly installed are Coco Mats, Fabspeed xpipes, Fabspeed 200 cell cats, and Fabspeed tips. The exhaust sounds good, but it could be louder. LOL..... Sending my mufflers to Fabspeed for their "stage 2 upgrade."

Lastly, I also purchased a Porsche Classic radio so I can have bluetooth capabilities. I think the car is set for now, but going to have some 18" Hartman Twist wheels rebuilt soon for next years look. In the meantime, just enjoying the car! Such a pleasure to drive and can't believe I waited this long. Here are some quick shots I took the other day.

28433650857_dac5fe7609_o.jpg

28433656417_cef34a0b4b_o.jpg

43290541061_bc30e988ae_b.jpg

42386948175_a17111e833_o.jpg

43290541411_a72fceed0e_o.jpg

29433062168_7d9dcd1451_o.jpg

Lastly, I also purchased a Porsche Classic radio so I can have bluetooth capabilities. I think the car is set for now, but going to have some 18" Hartman Twist wheels rebuilt soon for next years look. In the meantime, just enjoying the car! Such a pleasure to drive and can't believe I waited this long. Here are some quick shots I took the other day.
Yeah, totally worth it!

Last edited:
Beautiful.

Totally sick! I wish they made that Porsche Classic radios for the 996. I think i'd drive mine more if it had it. Sadly, the new toys always push the older ones to the side. Best of luck, enjoy it!

Nice!!! Looks clean af!!!

"Back seats" :highly_amused:

Congrats. It looks fast even while sitting still.

What is your favorite thing about it?

Not fast by today's standards. LOL! The car is just awesome to drive, well built, and feels solid. The NSX though handles and corners better. I do however prefer driving the Porsche more than the NSX right now. Maybe it's just the "new" car so I might have that bias. Kids love it too!

Quick update.

Porsche Classic Radio Navigation installed. This is a great option to keep the classic/period correct look, with the modern conveniences. Porsche was very smart to create something like this for the older cars. It comes with some optional USB ports I opted not to add. I didn't feel a need for it and wanted a more clean look. So happy to have bluetooth. Next up is paint correction/wax/seal and replacing the steering wheel for another OEM piece, but in black.

43267194604_76b943b951_h.jpg

43267194614_74ab3d599e_h.jpg

43267194804_6cd951266d_h.jpg

Last edited:
the interior looks great.......that motor is more punchy(torque) than the nsx, right?

Back