• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Forced Induction, New Numbers

I still don't see what all the hoopla is about. You can take a cute little 4 cylinder 1.3 liter Hayabusa motor and easily turbo the thing to 600HP. The current record is a tad over 700HP. We on the other hand have 6 cylinders and 3 liters to work with. Let's see some REAL numbers! This 700HP stuff is boring me. :)

Hugh said:
I still don't see what all the hoopla is about. You can take a cute little 4 cylinder 1.3 liter Hayabusa motor and easily turbo the thing to 600HP. The current record is a tad over 700HP. We on the other hand have 6 cylinders and 3 liters to work with. Let's see some REAL numbers! This 700HP stuff is boring me. :)

"Easily..." Hugh??? I dare say it's not THAT easy... :wink:

AU_NSX said:
"Easily..." Hugh??? I dare say it's not THAT easy... :wink:

It's stupid silly easy....

All you need is the stage 3 kit from Velocity Racing. The only limit with this setup are the balls of the rider. I'd be happy with stage 1 or 2.

DSC07908_lrg.jpg

Flexer said:
Things can get nasty when false info is spread in a very technical part of prime(forced induction). People just like facts to stay facts is all.

J. R.

We all sleep better knowing that we have you here to "Police the forum" and determine what is and isn't false.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
We all sleep better knowing that we have you here to "Police the forum" and determine what is and isn't false.

Armando

Hey no problem Armondo. Anything I can do to keep the honost people honost, and allow people that actually know what the A/R on a turbo stands for and means a chance for some good reading. I'll do anything to get you more sleep so you'll have time to go over to www.howstuffworks.com and read how a combusion motor works. Oh they have a sweet section on turbo charging too. Check that out. Its good reading for a new guy to wrenching!

Cheers

J. R.

Attachments

• Gach%20Sleep%20Better%20CD%20271.jpg
    Gach%20Sleep%20Better%20CD%20271.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 65
Hey Flexer...since this is an NSX forum.....why don't you you share with all of us your accomplishments in motor building and turbo fabrications on your personal NSX or better yet.....show some pics of your built NSX motor like Armondo and Cody and Factor X all have:smile:

NA1MT said:
Hey Flexer...since this is an NSX forum.....why don't you you share with all of us your accomplishments in motor building and turbo fabrications on your personal NSX or better yet.....show some pics of your built NSX motor like Armondo and Cody and Factor X all have:smile:

:biggrin: Anything to get the attention of Armondo....poor guy. Armondo has just taken to much bashing. So NA1MT bash away bud. Armondo will greatly appreciate it! He needs a break for all the verbal lashings, and I'm fresh meat on the NSX prime board so beat me down. You would just make fun of my project cars anyway. They are weak sauce. Don't you have a 900 horse NSX NA1MT? Now how am I going to compare with that?

J. R.

Flexer said:
:biggrin: Anything to get the attention of Armondo....poor guy. Armondo has just taken to much bashing. So NA1MT bash away bud. Armondo will greatly appreciate it! He needs a break for all the verbal lashings, and I'm fresh meat on the NSX prime board so beat me down. You would just make fun of my project cars anyway. They are weak sauce. Don't you have a 900 horse NSX NA1MT? Now how am I going to compare with that?

J. R.

Please continue with the comments, I'm curious to see how ling you can keep this up. No one wants to beat you down but since you continue to personaly attack some then you also become a target.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Please continue with the comments, I'm curious to see how ling you can keep this up. No one wants to beat you down but since you continue to personaly attack some then you also become a target.

Armando

OH WOW! :eek: I didn't relize you guys thought these were PERSONAL ATTACKS. Just thought it was uninformitive disscusion.

Due to Armondo's belief that I was personally "Attacking" not discussing things I will be signing off this thread now. :confused: Good luck on the project.

J. R.

Flexer said:
OH WOW! :eek: I didn't relize you guys thought these were PERSONAL ATTACKS. Just thought it was uninformitive disscusion.

Due to Armondo's belief that I was personally "Attacking" not discussing things I will be signing off this thread now. :confused: Good luck on the project.

J. R.

festivus_front.jpg

lurker44 said:
You guys are worse than the honda-tech members.

We love it when the first post from someone says things like that. Hang around a bit. Primers are good people. There are some dos and do nots though.

Here's a few do nots I've seen:
1. Tell us Ferrari owners are cool and passionate, and NSX owners suck.
2. Pretend to have a car you don't.
3. Insult us as a group.
4. Make outrageous hp or performance claims without backing it up
5. Tell us you're going to import an NSX-R or buy a Lambo and need help deciding.

Those seem to be sore spots around here, otherwise have at her!:smile:

swbatte said:
We love it when the first post from someone says things like that. Hang around a bit. Primers are good people. There are some dos and do nots though.

Here's a few do nots I've seen:
1. Tell us Ferrari owners are cool and passionate, and NSX owners suck.
2. Pretend to have a car you don't.
3. Insult us as a group.
4. Make outrageous hp or performance claims without backing it up
5. Tell us you're going to import an NSX-R or buy a Lambo and need help deciding.

Those seem to be sore spots around here, otherwise have at her!:smile:

I couldn't resist. This is a good imformative forum and have lurked about for a while now. Always liked the NSX and those are nice numbers from armando. I don't pretend, I don't have a NSX but am in the acura v6 family. I'll go back to lurking. Cheers.

Holly Cow,
I had noidea all this was going on. I am sorry that I didn't post sooner, but I have been relocating to MD and I have not had any time. I am sorry If there
was any confusion about the nitropropane, I did use it on the car as I stated before, and I didn't really discuss it with Armando, in the rush of finishing the car in 4 days. Again I am sorry for an inconvenince But on another note
I am finishing a k20 turbo set-up and I will be testing with and without nitropropane, I will post all results for all to see.

Sspeed said:
I am sorry If there
was any confusion about the nitropropane, I did use it on the car as I stated before.

You also mentioned in a prior post that you didn't think it caused cancer. Au contraire mon ami! Be careful with that stuff.

From our friends at OSHA.

Toxic effects of 2-nitropropane

Exposure to concentrations of 2-nitropropane on the order of 20 to 45 ppm are reported to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and severe headaches in humans. (Ref. 5.4.) Concentrations of 165 to 445 ppm, cause nausea, dizziness, headaches, and diarrhea in humans (Ref. 5.5.). Cats, which died within 17 days of exposure to 328 ppm 2-nitropropane, sustained severe liver damage (Ref. 5.6.). Liver damage attributed to high concentrations of 2-nitropropane in humans has been reported (Ref. 5.7.). Liver cancer was found in rats exposed to 207 ppm 2-nitropropane for 6 months (Ref. 5.8.). These data raise the question of carcinogenic effects in humans. While additional studies are in progress, NIOSH believes it would be prudent to handle 2-nitropropane as if it were a human carcinogen (Ref. 5.8.).

Hugh said:
Exposure to concentrations of 2-nitropropane on the order of 20 to 45 ppm are reported to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and severe headaches in humans. .).

So do most of your posts. :)

Armando

Hugh said:
You also mentioned in a prior post that you didn't think it caused cancer. Au contraire mon ami! Be careful with that stuff.

Exposure to concentrations of 2-nitropropane on the order of 20 to 45 ppm are reported to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and severe headaches in humans. (Ref. 5.4.) Concentrations of 165 to 445 ppm, cause nausea, dizziness, headaches, and diarrhea in humans (Ref. 5.5.). Cats, which died within 17 days of exposure to 328 ppm 2-nitropropane, sustained severe liver damage (Ref. 5.6.). Liver damage attributed to high concentrations of 2-nitropropane in humans has been reported (Ref. 5.7.). Liver cancer was found in rats exposed to 207 ppm 2-nitropropane for 6 months (Ref. 5.8.). These data raise the question of carcinogenic effects in humans. While additional studies are in progress, NIOSH believes it would be prudent to handle 2-nitropropane as if it were a human carcinogen (Ref. 5.8.).

isn't gasoline a carcinogen? brake fluid? asbestos dust from brakes? nitrous oxide causes bone marrow suppression, pulmonary hypertension, and can increase the size of any gas bubbles you have in your intestinal tract, theoretically causing rupture of your intestinal tract.

peiserg said:
isn't gasoline a carcinogen? brake fluid? asbestos dust from brakes? nitrous oxide causes bone marrow suppression, pulmonary hypertension, and can increase the size of any gas bubbles you have in your intestinal tract, theoretically causing rupture of your intestinal tract.

Absolutely but some of this is common knowledge, except perhaps the nitrous and hypertension examples. I posted the OSHA info because Frank in an earlier post stated that he didn't think nitropropane was a carcinogen. I wanted him to know the the facts so he took the necessary precautions when handling it in the future.

peiserg said:

MAN; this "car stuff" can be hazardous to your health.:eek:
Just imagine taking all the required precautions and using all the protective gear to handle these items so your car can now achieve 180 MPH.:rolleyes: Then you crash at that speed.:frown:

We must all be a little imbalanced.:wink: :biggrin:
I love being a member of this group.:cool: :biggrin:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :biggrin:

Hugh said:

I'd still take the nitropropane with the added performance over the cancer sticks and the diminished performance.............................:biggrin:

PS Check your PMs, I need your mailing address.

Armando

peiserg said:

Yes, but I don't think such symptoms are caused by 20-45 ppm of those, and much worse at just a few hundred parts per million.

peiserg said:
...can increase the size of any gas bubbles you have in your intestinal tract, theoretically causing rupture of your intestinal tract.
toxicmegacolon? :smile:

hmmmm or maybeee ....pneumatosis coli?:biggrin: Sorry guys kgp called me out:redface:

Back