• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New GB: ARK DT-S NSX Catback - 2nd Version

Shumdit said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Your explanation does help, but I would like it if you could answer a few other questions:
Taking the $550 price out of the conversation, based on your "at cost" introductiory price, why did the same exhaust that was selling 12 days for $629.00 plus shipping (as part of a group buy) go to $710.00 (since you say $59.00 is shipping). Before you claim that the $629.00 was also an "at cost" price, you might want to read your post on it where you call it a group buy and an annivesary sale.

OK... Let me just answer few more here..
629.00 price was DT-S system( NEW DESIGN) intro + 10GB Price. But our company 1st Annivesary US Branch come one after another. So we decide to over fall all... Is this make you sence? And is this bad idea offering NSX Enthusiats better price than just anyone? Think about another brand NSX catback... Have you seen Tititac ,DC ,HKS & Tubi system price... Did you complaint about their price? We guarantee our company QC is about same level quality. And our company still make a Japanese OEM aftermarkert exhasut system brand 5 container a month. Just because we can not tell people it is company confidential business relationship. And you will be surprise once I tell you which company.

Shumdit said:
As for the shipping, you told a customer in another thread that he would have to pay the $550.00 regardless of whether or not he picked it up, and if your cost was $59.00 to ship it, I would think you would have told him to pick it up for $500.00 and made $10 more for yourself, but maybe I am overlooking something. Also, I entered your dimensions into the shipping cost calculator to give me the prices I told you (and as I mentioned the dimensional weight is 70 lbs. so as long as the box weighs 70 lbs. or less it would be the correct price).

Once again you're asking saying shipping & shipping... If you're paying less shipping charge than me, I guess you have more shipping carrier discount rate than us. Just introduce me your shipping company. And if you have shipping company, you just arrange your own company then... We're happy to serve you.

If you're business man, Keep your honesty for ever. I will follow a you. But gas price going to high bro :wink:

And just for all confusion! To begin with our apologize, Our Head Boss decide to offer final NSX prime members last special price for a month. And we will not offer anymore forum GB or special offer thru thread on NSX Prime. You will find our system from local store, distribution, or www.arkspeedracing.com only. And our special price will start begining next week. And whom ever purchased our product after Sept 08, 2005 , we will refund differences., so just contact us for it.

And we thank you for all NSX prime members & have a great day ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
ARKers said:
OK... Let me just answer few more here..
629.00 price was DT-S system( NEW DESIGN) intro + 10GB Price. But our company 1st Annivesary US Branch come one after another. So we decide to over fall all... Is this make you sence? And is this bad idea offering NSX Enthusiats better price than just anyone? Think about another brand NSX catback... Have you seen Tititac ,DC ,HKS & Tubi system price... Did you complaint about their price? We guarantee our company QC is about same level quality. And our company still make a Japanese OEM aftermarkert exhasut system brand 5 container a month. Just because we can not tell people it is company confidential business relationship. And you will be surprise once I tell you which company.

Once again you're asking saying shipping & shipping... If you're paying less shipping charge than me, I guess you have more shipping carrier discount rate than us. Just introduce me your shipping company. And if you have shipping company, you just arrange your own company then... We're happy to serve you.

If you're business man, Keep your honesty for ever. I will follow a you. But gas price going to high bro :wink:

And just for all confusion! To begin with our apologize, Our Head Boss decide to offer final NSX prime members last special price for a month. And we will not offer anymore forum GB or special offer thru thread on NSX Prime. You will find our system from local store, distribution, or www.arkspeedracing.com only. And our special price will start begining next week. And whom ever purchased our product after Sept 08, 2005 , we will refund differences., so just contact us for it.

And we thank you for all NSX prime members & have a great day ! :biggrin:

Maybe it's just too late, but I am confused! :biggrin:

Arkers, shoot me a PM and I will give you the info to get better shipping rates.

Just post here... so other vendors can see all..
And our final GB or special price will announce from our site ( www.arkspeedracing.com)..., tomorrow. We will not list price anymore in here at forum. And don't ask us better price, because it is final. and It will only hold price for a month!!

Thanks

Zennsx said:
Then dont buy one.

I'm with Zennsx on this one. So they raised the price, you missed the boat, big deal. There's alot of other exhausts out there and maybe they will lower their price if you don't buy theirs. I didn't get pissed off at SOS when the price of the NSX-R suspension doubled.

What it comes down to is whether the exhaust is worth it or not to you. It's worth taking a look at and listening to in person. IMO it's worth at least as much as a Taitec or anything sub $1500 for the quality of construction and uniqueness of sound alone.

You do have choices, if you don't like what Ark is doing with their pricing, send them the message by not buying their exhaust. They did offer their exhaust at an introductory price and that's one of the things they have to do to get the word out. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come with that GM employee discount pricing and when they have to raise their prices back. :)

Malibu Rapper said:
I'm with Zennsx on this one. So they raised the price, you missed the boat, big deal. There's alot of other exhausts out there and maybe they will lower their price if you don't buy theirs. I didn't get pissed off at SOS when the price of the NSX-R suspension doubled.

What it comes down to is whether the exhaust is worth it or not to you. It's worth taking a look at and listening to in person. IMO it's worth at least as much as a Taitec or anything sub $1500 for the quality of construction and uniqueness of sound alone.

You do have choices, if you don't like what Ark is doing with their pricing, send them the message by not buying their exhaust. They did offer their exhaust at an introductory price and that's one of the things they have to do to get the word out. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come with that GM employee discount pricing and when they have to raise their prices back. :)

Now, even though that is a little off-topic (the GM pricing) I think you are right, and I think they are counting on the new Trucks/SUV's to break them from this crutch. We will see. I have pics of the new Tahoe and Escalde (2007 that will come out in abour 6 months), and they do look good, but will buyers go back to normal pricing???

ARKers said:
Just post here... so other vendors can see all..
And our final GB or special price will announce from our site ( www.arkspeedracing.com)..., tomorrow. We will not list price anymore in here at forum. And don't ask us better price, because it is final. and It will only hold price for a month!!

Thanks

I use UPS and DHL (some packages are oversized at the same dimensions when I use DHL, so I use UPS for those, and on tires UPS charges a $5 per tire handling fee, so I use DHL for those). The rates I quoted were for UPS using the dimensions you gave with the weight. Here is my suggestion:
Do not go through the trouble of signing up with UPS unless you have to, but instead take these rates (I can give you exact charges if you give me your zip code and some zips you have recently shipped to and know your cost ofd them) and call your FedEx rep with the comparision. He/She will almost certainly match the rates, if not beat them, to retain your business.

I totally agree with Malibu on this one. Big freakin deal that they raised the price on their exhaust. The first GB people took a risk with their purchase. What if it didn't fit? What if it sounded like crap? What if the exhaust tips were crooked? You're buying a part that has already been tested and given the thumbs up by the people who bought the product on this forum. If you don't like their price, pay the premium and get a Taitec, Comptech, Amuse, Fujitsubu, etc. of same quality, sound, and performance.

The bitching and moaning of the increase in price is like waiting for the right time to buy a stock, and kicking yourself like an jackass when the price has already run up on you when you knew you should have bought it before the appreciation.

On that note, I bought the ARK exhaust AFTER the GB initial offering price and I missed the opportunity to pay the introductory/anniversary offering price. I feel I still made out because I didn't pay the Taitec exhaust price and got a high quality exhaust with 2 day shipping. The customer service was great and Mike responded quick to my needs. This is a great company and they have my blessing and I will continue to do business with them!

Just my $0.02

On a different note, I let it rip WOT this weekend on the way to Hot Import Nights in the Holland Tunnel and this exhaust sounds pretty sick! :biggrin:

Malibu Rapper said:

Thanks for Jack, Malibu...

And we have posted FINAL discounted price on our site. If you miss this opportunity, please don't ask us anymore. It is final.

Good luck. And Jack I will process your refund during this week.

By all means, I'm not calling anyone names. If you took it that way, I apologize. We're all (mostly) mature adults here and can easily work out problems without the name calling and by leaving our egos outside of this forum. At least this is why I post on this forum. I own several businesses and know what it's like to catch heat when I have to increase product pricing due to the various factors beyond my control.

I was simply trying to give a point of view from outside of this heated discussion. Bottom line is; even if you pay what ARK is asking for, you still get the same quality exhaust as the other leading brands for a really great price. Take away the name tags, then compare the quality and sounds of the exhausts available for the NSX, and ARK is up there. Bang for the buck, nobody can beat their price for their quality.

A lot of people liked the exhaust notes when I was pulling out of the Atlantic City convention center. Nobody heard of the ARK exhaust but loved the deep tone sound. It just sounds better and better the more I drive the car. :biggrin:

Mike, send me info on how to become a dealer for ARK.

Shumdit said:
Thanks Arkers. Typer, thanks for calling me a Jackass :biggrin:

typerturbo said:
By all means, I'm not calling anyone names. If you took it that way, I apologize. We're all (mostly) mature adults here and can easily work out problems without the name calling and by leaving our egos outside of this forum. At least this is why I post on this forum. I own several businesses and know what it's like to catch heat when I have to increase product pricing due to the various factors beyond my control.

I was simply trying to give a point of view from outside of this heated discussion. Bottom line is; even if you pay what ARK is asking for, you still get the same quality exhaust as the other leading brands for a really great price. Take away the name tags, then compare the quality and sounds of the exhausts available for the NSX, and ARK is up there. Bang for the buck, nobody can beat their price for their quality.

A lot of people liked the exhaust notes when I was pulling out of the Atlantic City convention center. Nobody heard of the ARK exhaust but loved the deep tone sound. It just sounds better and better the more I drive the car. :biggrin:

Mike, send me info on how to become a dealer for ARK.

Thanks Jack, by the way My name is Ted. Mike is our co-worker. lolz
We will send distibutor package with catalog right before a SEMA.

And DUAL DT-X Ver. 3 will be available after our SEMA. so it will be about Middle of Nov.

Thanks

ARKers said:
Thanks Jack, by the way My name is Ted. Mike is our co-worker. lolz
We will send distibutor package with catalog right before a SEMA.

And DUAL DT-X Ver. 3 will be available after our SEMA. so it will be about Middle of Nov.

Thanks

Sorry Ted. I remember speaking to you and Mike. Please send the distributor package to RavSpec at 81 E Jefryn Blvd, Unit E, Deer Park, NY 11729. I'm leaving for a business trip tonight and won't be back in the US until the first week of Oct. I'll speak to you then.

Thanks! :biggrin:

typerturbo said:
Sorry Ted. I remember speaking to you and Mike. Please send the distributor package to RavSpec at 81 E Jefryn Blvd, Unit E, Deer Park, NY 11729. I'm leaving for a business trip tonight and won't be back in the US until the first week of Oct. I'll speak to you then.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Soon as we have one I will sent to your buss. And have safe trip. :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM
What material is your muffler packed with?
Looks like it may be a twin glass packs set up?
(am guessing due to its size)

Thanks!

We can not tell you about our recipe...sorry
I find this a bit odd, I mean there is only a few ways to go on this,
why the big secret? I am sure its no diferent than others on the market,
just wanted to know more about its construction.
Thanks

MCM said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM
What material is your muffler packed with?
Looks like it may be a twin glass packs set up?
(am guessing due to its size)

Thanks!

We can not tell you about our recipe...sorry
I find this a bit odd, I mean there is only a few ways to go on this,
why the big secret? I am sure its no diferent than others on the market,
just wanted to know more about its construction.
Thanks

Yes we have different technology than others. But we definately add glass foam also. but we have different solution to keep our catback sound better & better.

Thanks

Thanks to those who made such a big deal over a small price increase, Ark has now pulled their group buy purchase off the shelf for us and for those who want to take advantage of their current special, you'd better go to their website and take advantage of it.

I hope this entire thread does not discourage other companies from offering INTRODUCTORY PRICING for their products to us.

Litespeeds said:
Thanks to those who made such a big deal over a small price increase, Ark has now pulled their group buy purchase off the shelf for us and for those who want to take advantage of their current special, you'd better go to their website and take advantage of it.

I hope this entire thread does not discourage other companies from offering INTRODUCTORY PRICING for their products to us.

Thanks to those that you mention they returned to their lower pricing :confused: If their 'group buy' price is going to go up 20% (629->769) every week, as far as I'm concerned, they can keep it. They're a vendor and they've sold a bunch of product through Prime so stop acting like they're doing us a favor.

Nate

Litespeeds said:

#1: You say small price increase. We say 40% in 3-4 months.
#2: Group buy price was not really set in stone since I have seen no less then 4 different prices listed in this 3 month period, so it's not really like they pulled it off the table in the way you make it sound.
#3: The price was $769.00 a few days ago for this new group buy and as a result of the "big deal" we made over the pricing changes, you have the opportunity to buy one for over $100 less this week. I also encourage others to strike while the iron is hot and buy while the price is as low as it currently is ($619.00 plus shipping). You can thank all of us bitching people if you want, or not.
#4: This thread should not discourage other vendors from offering group buys, only from offering group buys with a 40+ percent price spread over a short period of time, as I would bitch about them too if they did it. End of story (we may have been bitching, but glad you could add moaning and whining to the thread :tongue: )

PS- Thanks to ARK for going back to a price increase that is more in line with what I would consider normal. I hope it benefits you by getting you a good volume of orders during this sale.

Last edited:
Litespeeds said:

I agree with you 100%. You can only look a gift horse in the mouth so many times before he bites you. :wink:

Zennsx said:
I agree with you 100%. You can only look a gift horse in the mouth so many times before he bites you. :wink:

Here's another saying: DON'T DO DRUGS! You guys must be on something, because both of you (litespeeds included) obviously are either high or too dense to understand that there is no "downside" to this turn of events. Of course, Zennsx already has his ARK exhaust, and is probably just mad that his great deal is not as superior as it was since the price was lowered back down a good bit for those who wanted it. Here is my take:
If no one (myself included) complained about the gouging, the current GB price would be $769.00, not $668.00 (both prices with shipping), and the GB the next time around (based on the pattern established by ARK already) would have been over $800.00, so I do not see why this "last chance" GB is a problem for anyone, but you two who have now taken over bitching where we left off. If they will no longer offer GB's here on the forum, I bet they will just put the units on sale at their site, like they have done in this case. They still will want to sell them, and Lord knows history has shown they have the margins to allow somewhat of a discount should inventory levels require it. So, again to ARK, THANKS. To you two pessimists, in the words of Moon Unit Zappa "WHAT---EVER!" :biggrin:

Shumdit said:
Here's another saying: DON'T DO DRUGS! You guys must be on something, because both of you (litespeeds included) obviously are either high or too dense to understand that there is no "downside" to this turn of events. Of course, Zennsx already has his ARK exhaust, and is probably just mad that his great deal is not as superior as it was since the price was lowered back down a good bit for those who wanted it. Here is my take:
If no one (myself included) complained about the gouging, the current GB price would be $769.00, not $668.00 (both prices with shipping), and the GB the next time around (based on the pattern established by ARK already) would have been over $800.00, so I do not see why this "last chance" GB is a problem for anyone, but you two who have now taken over bitching where we left off. If they will no longer offer GB's here on the forum, I bet they will just put the units on sale at their site, like they have done in this case. They still will want to sell them, and Lord knows history has shown they have the margins to allow somewhat of a discount should inventory levels require it. So, again to ARK, THANKS. To you two pessimists, in the words of Moon Unit Zappa "WHAT---EVER!" :biggrin:

Quit beating yourself up over a couple bucks and just order one already. Its still a great deal. You are a tough sell. :biggrin:

OK guys ... Today is our deadline day for 2005 ARK Raffle event. Check our support forum about our event in Vegas or $1000.00 Prize :wink:

Back