• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello I am a new member with a great appreciation for the NSX. I have been looking around for the right car for the last few months and I think I may have found a good car. It is a 1992 Blk on Blk with under 20K miles. The car is in snap ring range but with the low mileage it looks like it will be warrantied. The car is in great shape from what I can see. They are asking about 37k for the car. Is this a fair price do to the low miles or is this out to lunch. I would appreciate your feedback. Cheers

It looks like the snap ring would be warrantied?? I haven't heard of that. Ken might know.

Are miles a big concern to you? Personally, for that money I would rather get a 94 with 40K for the same price. You get a lot of fixes and also the nicer wheels.

Hi, and welcome to the community!

As for the car, if you are certain the snap ring repair will be covered under warranty, and there are no other problems with the car, I think that amount is fair for something of that condition and mileage. Be sure to check the FAQ pricing guide too:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

Good luck and keep us posted!

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 20 November 2002).]

The car will not be warrantied. I am quite certain that the Acura warranty in Canada is similar to the States, in that the warranty expires after a certain number of miles/kilometers or a certain number of months/years, whichever comes first. A '92 will be out of warranty.

However, if the price is 37K Canadian dollars, that's about twelve U.S. dollars
biggrin.gif
...I mean, that's about 23K U.S. dollars, so that's a great price if the condition is excellent. In fact, it's a great price for the mileage even if the condition isn't so excellent. It falls into the category of almost too good to be true, which means beware.

I wouldn't be afraid of buying a snap ring range car. Just familiarize yourself with Mark Basch's advice here so that you can recognize any symptoms if they occur, and have the car fixed at that time (or whenever you need to do any transmission work).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 20 November 2002).]

If the price for that car is 37K funny money, I think it's about time for me to invest in a NSX beater
smile.gif

The price of the car was in US dollars. Unfortunately the car was sold and the dealer did mention that they warrantied the snap ring. I will keep hunting for the right car.

The individual dealer may have warrantied the snap ring. If you're not close by, that might not be much good to you.

Back