• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New message from Acura re: NSX

I REALLY wish they'd make the next NSX mid-engined.

Saw a silver R8 at VIR (he BLEW by me in the wet, BTW). Simply gorgeous car. Looks better than in the photos.

Main reason he blew by you was the AWD advantage, which is accentuated in the wet. Just wait awhile [actually make that an eternity] and the NSX replacement with SH-AWD will hopefully blow past the R8 in the wet.:smile:

Main reason he blew by you was the AWD advantage, which is accentuated in the wet. Just wait awhile [actually make that an eternity] and the NSX replacement with SH-AWD will hopefully blow past the R8 in the wet.:smile:
The main reason he blew by him is because the R8 is a faster,better car.Nothing to do with AWD.The R8 will beat the NSX in any conditions.

...The R8 will beat the NSX in any conditions.

The R8 even beats the NSX in curb weight by having an extra 450-600 lbs. 3600 lbs for the R8 versus 3150 lbs for the NSX-T and 3015 lbs for the Zarnardi edition.

I rather take the 2950 lbs Cayman S.

That is, a un-modded NSX of course :rolleyes:
A well modded NSX should not have too much trouble keeping up with a R8.

True. But what happens if the R8 was modded?? You could put a JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) unit on an NSX and it would beat most anything. Or, why not a Z-06 engine in it?? It's tiring hearing of how one could mod the NSX to beat newer better cars. Why doesn't Honda "mod" it to make it competitive?? You could mod a Gremlin to beat an R8 too, but most would prefer something from the factory that was world class to begin with.

Back