• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Northeast Owner

Hi,<O:p</O:p
I wanted to post a brief introduction as I hope to become an active northeast member of NSXCA.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I have been an admirer of the NSX since 1991 when it first came out. (I'm sure that is a common story here)<O:p</O:p
I have also watched NSXPrime for years, but just recently signed up for the forums. <O:p</O:p
NSXPrime has been a wonderfully resource for me over the year, and certainly during my search for an NSX.<O:p</O:p
My search was about 6 months long, and took me to South Carolina, Virginia, Long Island and Delaware (another very nice NSXPrime Member).<O:p</O:p
Ultimately I found my car right here in CT with an NSXPrime member, Mike. (MadBox)<O:p</O:p
The car had more miles then I initially wanted, but Mike's diligent care and maintenance really made the difference. <O:p</O:p
Having a fairly recent receipt with Larry's name on it really tipped the scales for me. <O:p</O:p
Besides that, it really checked all the other boxes I was looking for. <O:p</O:p
I wanted an early model NSX between 91 - 94, because I really wanted the blacked out top.<O:p</O:p
I have always loved the F16 fighter look. <O:p</O:p
I also wanted a car that is pretty close to stock. <O:p</O:p
I want to preserve what I consider to be a car that has had a significant impact on automotive history. <O:p</O:p
The car does have a few upgrades, 1994 Acura Gunmetal wheels and an ARK DT-S exhaust, But Mike was smart enough to retain the original equipment. <O:p</O:p
I picked the car up last Monday, registered it on Tuesday, and took the wife to a local restaurant with it today for lunch. <O:p</O:p
I already had my first admirer. We walked out the restaurant, and two guys were sitting there in a 370Z admiring the car. <O:p</O:p
I also picked my daughter up from school in the NSX today. Needless to say, Just about every high school boy was checking the car out. <O:p</O:p
I am sure she is going to get a lot of questions on Monday.<O:p</O:p
The first things I did after buying my NSX were.<O:p</O:p
1) Make a donation to NSXPrime!<O:p</O:p
2) Submit my membership application to NSXCA<O:p</O:p
I truly appreciate all the information on this site.<O:p</O:p
I look forward to meeting other owners and I really hope that the Watkins Glen event with the children happens again this year. <O:p</O:p
I would love to participate in such a wonderful event. <O:p</O:p
I look forward to a wonderful summer driving an awesome car.<O:p</O:p
If you have made it this far...<O:p</O:p
Thanks for reading!<O:p</O:p
Bob <O:p</O:p

Last edited:
I guess I should upload a few pics.
I know how it goes.

Pics, or it didn't happen...

I plan on getting much better pictures when spring rolls around.

Attachments

• 2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 045.jpg
    2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 045.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 049.jpg
    2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 049.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 043.jpg
    2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 043.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 032.jpg
    2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 032.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 056.jpg
    2010-03 1992 Acura NSX 056.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 68
Nice purchase....and welcome.You even know how to post pics right off the bat:cool:

You are my new hero:wink: btw did you sell a car to get the nsx? in other words what car did you drive before the nsx?

Last edited:
You are my new hero:wink: btw did you sell a car to get the nsx? in other words what car did you drive before the nsx?

I did not sell a car to get the NSX.
I had an Audi 5000 years ago, and a nice 280Z, but nothing as exotic as an NSX.

My kids are getting a little older. My son was recently accepted to Rochester Instutue of Technology, and my daugther is a freshman in high school.
After years of coaching softball and soccer, it is time for me to get back to what I really enjoy.

RJD sounds like you deserve a sports car - for you..... after handling lots of other necessities.

I think I went twenty years without a sports car, and many more years without pushing in a clutch!

Major CONGRATS and welcome :biggrin:

Kid's Day at Watkins Glen is a go for this year (Wednesday July 14). Carla and I made our hotel reservations this week. Many folks stay at the Falls Motel in Montour Falls www.thefallsmotel.com . They give a special rate for Trackmasters events (the sponsor). If you are planning on attending book your room early, the hotel usually books up quickly.

Why wasn't I notified that there was a search function on Prime?

RJD, welcome. Fellow Connecticut NSXer. We will have to get together sometime this summer. Congrats on the new car!

Welcome to the club Bob. Nice to have another red guy in the group. Me and Mike(the Kid), each have two of them. We will have to have a "red" day sometime this summer.
I live just across the TZ bridge in northern NJ and love to cruise around Conn.

Don't mind Bruce telling you to stay off 95. You are probably aware of that already in your daily driver. That should be different now.
With the NSX, if a semi cuts you off, you can now slip "under" them just like Clark W. Griswold! :biggrin::biggrin:

Welcome Aboard!

Rich

Kid's Day at Watkins Glen is a go for this year (Wednesday July 14). Carla and I made our hotel reservations this week. Many folks stay at the Falls Motel in Montour Falls www.thefallsmotel.com . They give a special rate for Trackmasters events (the sponsor). If you are planning on attending book your room early, the hotel usually books up quickly.

Before I go and start pushing for everyone to join us this year, is the actual event on Wed the 14th (spend Tuesday night), or is it Thursday the 15th, (spend Wed nite)? Please advise so that I can make the appropriate arrangements, and start pushing everyone to attend this great and worthy event!!!

Welcome to the club Bob. Nice to have another red guy in the group. Me and Mike(the Kid), each have two of them. We will have to have a "red" day sometime this summer.
I live just across the TZ bridge in northern NJ and love to cruise around Conn.

Don't mind Bruce telling you to stay off 95. You are probably aware of that already in your daily driver. That should be different now.
With the NSX, if a semi cuts you off, you can now slip "under" them just like Clark W. Griswold! :biggrin::biggrin:

Welcome Aboard!

Rich

Rich, I'm having the most difficult time picking a set of wheels for my 93 Red. Now that everyone in the northeast seems to be posting today and you have two, maybe you can help me out. What kind of wheels are you driving on.

BTW, looking forward to meeting everyone this summer and let's hear from some more CT/NY/NJ people.

Rich, I'm having the most difficult time picking a set of wheels for my 93 Red. Now that everyone in the northeast seems to be posting today and you have two, maybe you can help me out. What kind of wheels are you driving on.

BTW, looking forward to meeting everyone this summer and let's hear from some more CT/NY/NJ people.

This first pic is of my 96 Red when I purchased it in Florida. Those are the stock 96 wheels which are 16" front, 17" rear.

3_edited.jpg

Second pic is the same 96 Red with SSR Integrals 17" front, 18" rear.

DSC00154.jpg

My 2001 Red has stock wheels as the car will be kept stock.

Rich, I'm having the most difficult time picking a set of wheels for my 93 Red. Now that everyone in the northeast seems to be posting today and you have two, maybe you can help me out.

I know this question was directed to Rich but I figured I would jump in. I could put you in a nice set of 17/18 Forgelines. :biggrin:

picture.php

And if you are curious how they would look on a red NA1.

picture.php

Last edited:
Before I go and start pushing for everyone to join us this year, is the actual event on Wed the 14th (spend Tuesday night), or is it Thursday the 15th, (spend Wed nite)? Please advise so that I can make the appropriate arrangements, and start pushing everyone to attend this great and worthy event!!!

It is on July 14th.
Here is a link to it on the trackmaster website:
https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=24

The signup form is here:
https://www.trackmasters.com/StudentApplication.pdf

I have already registered and reservered the motel room.
http://www.thefallsmotel.com/

I am all set to go!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
I look forward to meeting you all on the road soon.

I live in Colchester and work in Rocky Hill so I don't normally get to 95, but it always seems to be a bottle neck when I do.

There are much better roads in CT to cruise on.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
I look forward to meeting you all on the road soon.

I live in Colchester and work in Rocky Hill so I don't normally get to 95, but it always seems to be a bottle neck when I do.

There are much better roads in CT to cruise on.

Hey man! I'm in CT too! Hopefully I'll be an NSX owner soon as well! I definitly would like to see your car someday!

Very cool guys....I have a feeling this will be a great summer. I'm hoping to learn a lot more about my car.

Even 7 months in to my ownership, I still can't decide how I want my car to look. You think you see it all, then something else comes along.

Again, welcome RJD...hope your enjoying the new ride.

Very cool guys....I have a feeling this will be a great summer. I'm hoping to learn a lot more about my car.

Even 7 months in to my ownership, I still can't decide how I want my car to look. You think you see it all, then something else comes along.

Again, welcome RJD...hope your enjoying the new ride.

Youre from CT too! Where abouts do you guys live?

Jeanne and I are at the same hotel as you and Carla on Tuesday night. Will you have a view of the Imola from your balcony? I can still taste that wonderful cake. Think I had part of a black tire and some orange fender! :biggrin:

Youre from CT too! Where abouts do you guys live?

I live right in the New Haven area. We will have to coordinate for some GTG's this summer. As long as events are posted in here, I'll try and make as many of them as I can.

Lookin good! Welcome aboard and congrats on rewarding yourself!

Hey Aaron what kind of lift is that off your pic with the red nsx. I need that in my life for my other toy.

Back