• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Just Burned To The Ground At The Nürburgring

Huh?

This is what was written in the article:

How can you commit to a date that has not even been confirmed???

I was just about to post the same...we will most likely see a 1 year delay.

I'll skip it anyway, just made my decision stronger.

A 20yo real NSX with Comptech and some suspension tuning and new tires will likely be faster/more reliable than a new one, let alone much prettier and its price rising instead of falling like the brick from the sky.

^^^I'll let you know some day:cool:

Hi,
apparently the fire was due to 2 batteries that exploded...
Nuno

That was my first thought when I saw the photo's. Uggg, why do we need those batteries anyway? I know, pushing the technological envelope is how we got such a great NA1 25 years ago, but I still don't know... With all the time Honda is taking I expecting my socks to be blown clean off during a test drive.

Maybe, just maybe they'll reconsider a TT-V8...

no need for V8 if they ditch hybrid(or just leave it as an option to those ecology focused, but don't throw it down our throat ffs), if mercedes can make 2.0 liter 380 HP turbo engine then sure Honda could make a reliable 3.0 TT-V6 with 570-600 HP which would be more than enough if the car is kept light

Last edited:
I believe the batteries exploded DUE to the fire, not actually causing the fire. But what do I know?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as much as the trunk would be lovely, there is no way to have one with a longitudinal engine transmission layout. That is probably the cross brace for the rear suspension. And, yes, there appears to be a bunch of CF, CFRP, etc that quickly burned away leaving an aluminum, etc skeleton.

you mean CLA AMG? That car has terrible turbo lag. You pay for what u get (horsepower) if the displacement is fixed.

no need for V8 if they ditch hybrid(or just leave it as an option to those ecology focused, but don't throw it down our throat ffs), if mercedes can make 2.0 liter 380 HP turbo engine then sure Honda could make a reliable 3.0 TT-V6 with 570-600 HP which would be more than enough if the car is kept light

From another forum :

An insider over on vtec.net claims the fire was the result of a fuel leak. Also on the exhaust note, it's been heavily modified/muffled as Honda wants to hide as much as possible before full release.

On one of the vids of the mule, there's a chasing 458 Italia, by all accounts, it cannot keep pace out of the corners.

I look forward to the full reveal as this promises to be a special car, some are talking 918 Ring lap times!! Again from an insider on vtec.net

Unquote

SS

Many of these Ring lap times that are advertised should be taken with a grain of salt. Who certifies that any given car is a production model on street tires anyway? It's not like these cars go through any kind of tech inspection to certify they are not "ringers".

I always have to question the term 'insiders' . Too many claims from dealership managers claiming inside knowledge when Honda doesn't tell them anything more than they tell the media. I hope you're right about 918 times but find it hard to believe sub 7 times.

Also, as much as the trunk would be lovely, there is no way to have one with a longitudinal engine transmission layout...

Actually there is way. My V8TT Esprit has a longitudinal layout with a nice sized trunk. However to service the transmission the trunk needs to come out which is part of the design.

you mean CLA AMG? That car has terrible turbo lag. You pay for what u get (horsepower) if the displacement is fixed.

there are many 3.0 600+ HP cars on this forum that don't have terrible turbo lag not even close to it, sure a big company could make direct-injected engine with same power that would behave same if not better?

I believe the batteries exploded DUE to the fire, not actually causing the fire. But what do I know?

We'll see ... I just hope it happened because the car has lot of power and thus lot of heat ...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as much as the trunk would be lovely, there is no way to have one with a longitudinal engine transmission layout. That is probably the cross brace for the rear suspension. And, yes, there appears to be a bunch of CF, CFRP, etc that quickly burned away leaving an aluminum, etc skeleton.

Not always impossible, just take a look at a De Tomaso Pantera. It has a large but shallow trunk ...

From another forum :

An insider over on vtec.net claims the fire was the result of a fuel leak. Also on the exhaust note, it's been heavily modified/muffled as Honda wants to hide as much as possible before full release.

On one of the vids of the mule, there's a chasing 458 Italia, by all accounts, it cannot keep pace out of the corners.

I look forward to the full reveal as this promises to be a special car, some are talking 918 Ring lap times!! Again from an insider on vtec.net

Unquote

SS

The NSX, even not at full throttle, showed terrific speed and stability in corners ( see how the Supra was dancing and very unstable following the NSX ). Notice its very small speed differential between straights and bends ... The car looked unshakably grounded on rails while turning ...

As for achieving 918 lap times, the Mc Laren P1 is claiming times in the 6:47 and then in the 6:30 !!! With its torque vectoring capability, the new NSX could maybe change the game ( with sufficient power, iow with at least 750 hp ... ). AGAIN, Honda could do it but will they miss the opportunity AGAIN?

Actually there is way. My V8TT Esprit has a longitudinal layout with a nice sized trunk. However to service the transmission the trunk needs to come out which is part of the design.

Ah! I knew for the Pantera but I did not know for the Esprit ! Not to forget the Countach too!

Last edited:
When you test hard and look for the limit you sometimes find it. This is when it should happen.

Good point SS. I did not think of that possibility as I remembered the sound of the V-10 NSX project when it was tested on that track.

What!? They must've edited the video cause when I watched it the first time yesterday morning after the 458 chasing the NSX it showed much louder exhaust and the vid of it going up in flames.

No that one shows the aftermath only. They deleted the part from the vid I posted. It showed the nsx in flames and pulling over to the side of the track. Now the vid is just black after the 458 scene.

Rolled has been quiet (I am sure Honda is keeping him on a tight leash), but just posted the fire will delay 6-12 months, since it burned so bad they lost the test data and now have to manually go through the wreckage to figure out what went wrong. They suspect a fuel leak but can't be sure.

Back