• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner Bay Area Service Shop

Hello, I am a new NSX owner, 1994 red / tan, 24000 miles. I am enjoying the car very much. I am wondering if anyone on this site can suggest a shop for maintenance/ repair in the San Ramon CA area.
Thanks,
Steve D.

Welcome!

Welcome to the NSX community!

I don't know of any shops in the San Ramon area, but you might want to check out this thread for some NoCal recommendations. They're a bit of a drive from San Ramon, but they're NSXPrime recommended. Also, since you have to drive a ways to get to them, you get to spend more time in your car, which is always a plus.

Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I am going to take it to Don at Hilltop Auto.
They are actually only about 25 miles from my work in Oakland.
I have had some bad experiences taking my cars to non specialized service shops, so I'm glad I found a shop that really knows these cars.

Steve D

San Ramon? There is a place up there called the Service Outlet which I think does excellent work and is very very reasonable. Look them up and I don't think you will go wrong.
Steve

Hi Steve!

Hi Steve! :D I work in San Ramon and lives in San Francisco! And I own a 96 Red/Blk NSX. There is an Acura dealer in Pleasonton, but I've never tried them. My last service was with Steven's Creek Acura, service advisor named Chris Rieger. They have a NSX certified tech there named Dave, he works there from Wednesday to Saturday. My experience with them wasn't so good. I had an oil changed, replaced windshield wiper spray motor, new tires put in, and wheel alignment done. I dropped the car off at 7 am in the morning, and they didn't have my car ready until 5pm! (Their closing time, and I had to call them at 4:15 pm to find out, since I was in SF at that time. I rushed down there, because I don't want them to keep my car overnight.) When I got my car back, they screwed up on my rear tires inward/outward position (They hired Wheel Works to do the mounting) And my wiper spray was not even adjusted!!! When I got home and pop the hood I found out the windshield water cover wasn't secured, and during my drive home from Santa Clara to San Francisco, the water and dirt splashed on the underside of the hood, and I had to use Simple Green to clean the stains off! Terrible work!!! Then I also found out the brake fluid cap was also unsecured! Ouch! I don't think I will ever go back to Steven's Creek again. They claim customer service excellent, I say they are Steven's Crack! They also gave me a free car wash which created more squirl marks! I was pissed. :mad: Next time I will give Hilltop a try, I've heard so many good stories about Hilltop, I've called Don Lam a few times regarding servicing my car, and he seems to be a very nice guy. I asked him so many questions and he never seem to get upset, even if I never service my car there. I think he really loves his job as a professional mechanic. I will post info regards to Hilltop in the near future. Hope this helps! ;)

Service Outlet

I used to live in San Ramon a couple of years ago. The Service Outlet in San Ramon does good work and has reasonable prices (like 1/2 dealer cost). They use only factory parts. Go meet some of the guys there and see if you might be comfortable having them work on your NSX. Not sure if they still have an NSX certified tech though.

Thanks, MLX
The Service Outlet is within walking distance from my residence, so it would be very convenient for me to take my car there. Did they do a good maintenance/repair job on your NSX?

Steve D

Steve D said:
Hello, I am a new NSX owner, 1994 red / tan, 24000 miles. I am enjoying the car very much. I am wondering if anyone on this site can suggest a shop for maintenance/ repair in the San Ramon CA area.
Thanks,
Steve D.

Another option to consider would be Foreign Affair in Santa Clara, their labor rates are comparable to the dealer's but they are very knowledgeable about the NSX.

Steve owns a Comptech Supercharged NSX, and they have a pretty good relationship with Comptech, they go way back.

Comptech used to be located right across the street from them, back when Comptech used to be in the Bay Area..

http://www.fahonda.com/

Ken

If it helps anyone, I've had good luck with Acura of Concord. I've been there about 3-4 times. Ask for Bill Hammond to set your service up. The most conscientious mechanic there is also named Bill. He does not work every day. He parked it in a safe location and even set caution cones around my car while working on it. He tried to avoid getting in and out of the seat as much as possible. My favorite part was watching him lean over the car to check something, he held the bottom of his shirt in so as not to brush against the paint! My only warning would be to tell them in advance if you do not want them to wash your car. I have no connection with them, just trying to give back something to the forum. You might mention that you heard about them from Matt w/ the blue NSX, only to let them know how connected NSX owners actually are. Thanks for this forum.

service outlet

Steve D,
sorry. Haven't read this section in a while. I got my NSX after moving out of San Ramon, so Sevice Outlet never worked on it. They did however work on my Integra GSR and Lexus GS and did good work.

I had my NSX serviced (oil and filter change) at The Service Outlet in San Ramon and they did a great job! I am very impressed with their attention to detail. Dave did the work on my car and took his time with it to make sure it was right. He must have checked the oil level 10 times when it was almost at the high mark to make sure he didn't over fill it. He even asked me if it was ok to put a next service reminder sticker on the windshield. I don't they could have done a better job. Thanks to all for the suggestion.

Steve

Service Outlet

Glad to hear you had a good experience with the service outlet. Eric and the guys out there really take the time to make sure they do a good job.

Back