• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Owner!

Just bought my NSX yesterday! 2017 White NSX with 860 miles on it. It was from the dealer in Atlanta GA (AtlantaAutos). They ended up dropping the price and ended up being super easy to work with once we agreed on the deal. I have brought it over to Tampa FL for now.

Details:

860 miles
White NSX
All leather seats
Tech package
Carbon ceramic brake rotors

unnamed.jpg

I used to own an audi r8 and it never felt quite right. I've been following the NSX since before the new one was announced, but the price initially was too steep. I ended up getting this one for $134,995 out the door. I am amazed at the level of detail and sophistication that has went into this machine. It looks far more sophisticated and expensive than the r8 that I used to own. I feel truly at home in this car. This is the car I've been waiting for, for a long time. :cool:

CONGRATS! Looks GREAT. Enjoy it every opportunity you have :biggrin:

What I love about this car:

-Drives like an everyday driver. So effortless! I love it. (Compare this to my old 2009 Audi R8, which was impossible to turn in low speeds, etc).
-Sound system is amazing. Better than my old Bangolufsen Audi R8 or even my Sony Ford Raptor system, both of which were really bad.
-Greater level of sophistication and detail than any other car.
-Very comfortable seating. Again goes with my first point.
-Extremely responsive (Great for racing but have to be very careful on the roads because it's easier to crash IMO, but also easier to avoid crashing too).
-Brakes are INSANE! I've never seen braking power this good.

Still exploring. Only my first full day in this machine. TBC..

Welcome to the club. Make sure to ask to join the Second Generation NSZ owners group,on FB. Also join the NSXCa because we have NSXCapades usually in Nov/Dec in Orlando that is a lot of fun.

Welcome to the club. Make sure to ask to join the Second Generation NSZ owners group,on FB. Also join the NSXCa because we have NSXCapades usually in Nov/Dec in Orlando that is a lot of fun.

Requested the join to FB group.
Signed up for NSXCa.

Thanks man!

Very nice, the 130R White is Gorgeous...JM2C...I could be wrong..hehehe

First, congrats on the NSX. Second, really about the R8? I may be in the market soon and am considering one in the near future. Now you have me worried..

View attachment 153848

2907328.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind congratulatory messages! :smile:

First, congrats on the NSX. Second, really about the R8? I may be in the market soon and am considering one in the near future. Now you have me worried..

Rightfully so! Lol. Jk. Not sure, maybe things have changed.

I had the 2009 R8. Only drove it total 3,000 miles in course of my ownership, which was 2-3 years. I actually sold it to an NSX owner (NSX gen1), and the R8 for him was his second car. He laughed at me for driving so little. He ended up putting only 800 miles and then selling it! Apparently, he didn't like it either.

Here were the biggest differences:

-Hard to turn on low speeds.
-Comfortable, but not as comfortable as the 2017 NSX.
-Had issues with shock leak (needed replacing shocks), and other electronic issues (car would think it's on a hill and hill climb assist would fail, etc). These I think were all issues in the early year R8s and were ironed out soon after.
-Bangolufsen sound system was crystal clear but didn't reach decibels high enough and the NSX 2017 has a better sound system. My mom's KIA has a better sound system.
-The level of detail and sophistication wasn't as high as the NSX.

Honestly, I'm sure a lot has changed. The one I had had a base price of $119k or so. They now go new for sub-$200k price. So I'm sure a lot has changed. But they removed the side blades and all. To me they just became less appealing with each new release.

I'm sure you'll love it if that's what you want.

Btw, I should add to that. The R8 to me felt heavy and lazy. The NSX feels far more responsive. Not sure how that happened considered the NSX weights quite a bit.

Thanks everyone for the kind congratulatory messages! :smile:

Rightfully so! Lol. Jk. Not sure, maybe things have changed.

I had the 2009 R8. Only drove it total 3,000 miles in course of my ownership, which was 2-3 years. I actually sold it to an NSX owner (NSX gen1), and the R8 for him was his second car. He laughed at me for driving so little. He ended up putting only 800 miles and then selling it! Apparently, he didn't like it either.

Here were the biggest differences:

-Hard to turn on low speeds.
-Comfortable, but not as comfortable as the 2017 NSX.
-Had issues with shock leak (needed replacing shocks), and other electronic issues (car would think it's on a hill and hill climb assist would fail, etc). These I think were all issues in the early year R8s and were ironed out soon after.
-Bangolufsen sound system was crystal clear but didn't reach decibels high enough and the NSX 2017 has a better sound system. My mom's KIA has a better sound system.
-The level of detail and sophistication wasn't as high as the NSX.

Honestly, I'm sure a lot has changed. The one I had had a base price of $119k or so. They now go new for sub-$200k price. So I'm sure a lot has changed. But they removed the side blades and all. To me they just became less appealing with each new release.

I'm sure you'll love it if that's what you want.

Thanks! A 2017 NSX is not quite in the budget for me with my daughter entering college in 3 years so an R8 will have to do if I decide to sell my NSX and upgrade.

Maybe a test drive will give me a more solid answer as to what to do. Thanks for the insight.

Congrats, that’s an amazing price $134k out the door.

Back