• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New NSX Owner

Hello everyone on NSX Prime,

I have been lurking since January after deciding to buy and NSX. I just sold my '04 WRX STi and '01 M5 and purchased a '94 Black/Black NSX with 52,000 miles all stock, VIN # JH4NA1159RT000074. And I love it.
Although the STi was incredibly quick, I was getting tired of 16 year olds stopping me to tell me how hot my car was ! So . . . I sold it to a 17 year old. :biggrin:
I still miss the AC Schnitzer'd out M5, but doing anything on that car cost a fortune. I mean, $8K for headers, $2K for a CAI, come on!
I'll probably do a few simple things to the NSX, but I've found after all my fast cars, that I just can't tell the difference between a 4.7 0-60 time and a 5.3 0-60 time. Now, handling and braking . . . that's a different story.
After being on both the M5 and STi forums, the people on this NSX Prime seem more knowledgable, and there's a huge wealth of info in the FAQ's. However, sometimes the tempers seem to run a little high on certain topics and especially for newbies.
Please, be nice to me !

Same here... congrats and welcome...

However, if you got tired of 17 year olds bugging you about your car (STI), it will only get worse now that you're in an NSX. :D

Actually, now I get bugged by middle-aged white guys, just like me !

I know what you mean I just sold my 1985 M635 with 13k orig miles for big bucks. I spent a fortune on parts on her. Now I get to spend a fortune on my Blue on Blue 2005.

Daniel

Welcome and congrats....

Sold both an STI and M5 to get and NSX ...cool

I always liked the M5, but my wife can't drive a standard.

I would like to hear from your prospective, the M5 to the NSX. (know they are differant car).

Bram

You've pushed aside some wonderful cars for an even more wonderful car!

You're going to love it! Im new to mine also (bought it a few months ago, but stored for the winter). Im only 140 miles in, but what an experience!

We're (us newby's) going to have a great summer.

Bobalinski -an M635 ! Always loved those, they're so rare . . . and 13K miles, wow, did you ever drive it?

Bram - Well, my M5 had an ACS short shift, ACS Pedals, Dinan CAI, RMS ECU, ACS Catback exhaust, and was running around 440 hp. Nav system, HK 12 spkr stereo, Brembos, cross-drilled rotors, w/track pads, 9 1/2" Frt w/275-30 S-03's and 10 1/2" rears w/285/30 S-03's on GT-3 wheels. H&R springs 1/2" lower. M5 was FAST, especially for a 4dr, raced it a few times at Willow Springs in TCRS against Z-06's, '00/'01 TT's, M3's, etc, fun to race. I could get the whole family in it ad fill the huge trunk. Hard to compare to the NSX, just totally different cars !

Now the STi . . .really as fast as my M5, didn't really like the understeer out of the 4whl drive, cheap int didn't really bother me, sorta liked the boxy. rally look, but hated that honkin' rear wing ! I'm an old man so it was funny drivng a boy racer. Put 7500 miles on it and that was enough since it rode like a truck.

And SPA_S2000 - It's always summer in SoCal, except for this year. 36 inches of rain and counting, but isn't that what TCS is for?

Welcome to the club. You will learn lots of valuable information about your NSX here on Prime.

I agree the NSX and the M5 are entirely different cars. I would miss my M5 dearly if I got rid of it, at least until its replaced with the V10 E60.

Enjoy your NSX!

Now that you got your baby, it is time to meet the gang here in So. Cal. Hope to see you soon in one of our events here.

CerberusM5 - Your handle sounds familiar, were'nt you on M5.com? The E60 M5 styling's growing on me, especially as I've been seeing some tricked out 545's, but with a 6 month old son and 8 year old daughter, my wife won't let me buy another $100K car ! And then put $25K into it ! AT least not until they graduate from college !

AwsomR1 - I do hope to hook up with other SoCal NSX owners, in fact, maybe you can help. I'm trying to find a good NSX mechanic near Studio City / Sherman Oaks, that's knowledgable about the old belt/water pump change, (mine hasn't been done at 55,000 miles and 11 years !!!!), and I'm sure I'll need a clutch soon, and I wanted to have both jobs done at the same time, plus the obligatory exhaust, intake and ECU.

SKB NSX said:
CerberusM5 - Your handle sounds familiar, were'nt you on M5.com? The E60 M5 styling's growing on me, especially as I've been seeing some tricked out 545's, but with a 6 month old son and 8 year old daughter, my wife won't let me buy another $100K car ! And then put $25K into it ! AT least not until they graduate from college !

Yes, I have been a member of the M5 forum since 2000. They are a bunch of great guys over there. Gustav has done a great job with that forum.

I understand what you are saying in regards to the kids. I have a couple young ones myself. Just imagine what kind of car you could purchase if we didn't have to deal with private schools and college funds. :wink:

Enjoy your NSX 8K RPMs at a time!

SKB NSX said:
AwsomR1 - I do hope to hook up with other SoCal NSX owners, in fact, maybe you can help. I'm trying to find a good NSX mechanic near Studio City / Sherman Oaks, that's knowledgable about the old belt/water pump change, (mine hasn't been done at 55,000 miles and 11 years !!!!), and I'm sure I'll need a clutch soon, and I wanted to have both jobs done at the same time, plus the obligatory exhaust, intake and ECU.

I only know the one in OC, may be you can contact ANYTIME (john) He is more out toward your area..

Back