• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW NSX OWNERx 2001, SILVER, BLACK INTERIOR

Hi guys!! i got my first NSX after wanting one for years. Used to own a 1995 300ZX TT with only 55k original miles, and i still regret it..:frown: but know i got this 2001 with only 43k miles on it with 17/18 volks from a guy in Cali. i had to frive 2K to bring it back to MN, and i really hated putting that many miles to bring it back.. the first thing i like to upgrade is the exhaust system, i got a good friend of mine who is a mechanic engineer and he told me to get a TODA RACING if i had the money, but i also looked at the GT ONE F1 exhaust.. all coments are welcome and thank you for any suggestions..:biggrin:
9k=

Last edited:
Hi Leo - welcome to the MN club.
I would be glad to help out in any way.
I've done headers, exhaust and other minor mods myself and if you need a hand let me know.
Where in state are you?
I am in somewhat of the middle of the St Paul / Mpls area.
Good luck and enjoy your car.
PS - We still all don't believe it - your pics didn't come through.

Hi Albert.. thank you for the offer on helping me with exhaust..
what kind of exhaust you got? do you like it? i fell like im goinng against the clock here, cause or summers are short:biggrin: thank you much

This is the worst post ever!

Not when it's from someone who's owned a 300Z too!

Congrats and would like to hear key differences between driving the two. And pictures I can actually view on my iPad!

I have a Billy Boat exhaust, and headers w/ceramic coating and Angus test pipes (no cats). Mild when you are not on it but sounds nice as the revs build.
My setup is not very common I expect - don't see many of the exhaust or headers sold on prime.
Like Sduff said - you might want to hear some others before you decide what you go for.
Look at youtube videos for a start - don't hurry - you'll keep er for a while - decide where you want to go.
Best guy magnet you could ever buy that chicks don't hardly notice.
My jack and stands are waiting when you come up with a plan.

[MENTION=32753]Leo37[/MENTION], congrats on your purchase. Post some pictures of your car up if you don't mind. As far as exhaust goes, anything titanium is good if money wasn't an issue.

I have a Billy Boat exhaust, and headers w/ceramic coating and Angus test pipes (no cats). Mild when you are not on it but sounds nice as the revs build.
My setup is not very common I expect - don't see many of the exhaust or headers sold on prime.
Like Sduff said - you might want to hear some others before you decide what you go for.
Look at youtube videos for a start - don't hurry - you'll keep er for a while - decide where you want to go.
Best guy magnet you could ever buy that chicks don't hardly notice.
My jack and stands are waiting when you come up with a plan.

I also have the BB/Rm Racing exhaust (with the dtm tips) and I think it sounds excellent.

I just installed a pride v2 exhaust.. And I really like it, except that it does drone between 2300 and 2800 rpm.. I was told by a friend that a company called synapse engineering of California.. Sell some resonators to make that go away... Any suggestions?? Thank you

I'm biased towards my Taitech GT lightweight exhaust, I think it sounds amazing and a few other owners came up to me and said they really like it too. but I agree with whomever said to wait a lil bit so you can hear others and make your decision. Would suck if you drop some serious coin down and then hear another exhaust you like better.

Post a pic!

- - - Updated - - -

I also have the BB/Rm Racing exhaust (with the dtm tips) and I think it sounds excellent.

Love DTM style, best looking IMO

Back