• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Spy Photos

Re: Come on folks, it is not the next NSX but the CRX

how unoriginal... looks like all the other cars out there... blah.

Re: Spy Shots: First images of 2011 Acura NSX

Hmmm I'm wondering if a Z06 as a test mule car is a good thing or not. :confused: Nothing against the Z06, but sort of a different market to chase. Unless of course Honda is now going after a different market. Seems like a downgrade since the older video of a stretched S2K body was using a TTurbo Porsche as their chase car.

how unoriginal... looks like all the other cars out there... blah.

GREAT JOB HONDA! (didn't Porsche do this in 1982?)

000codes.jpg

000code.jpg

You would not ask that question if you own one.

I currently drive a rear engine car and while I do agree that it is all of the things previously described, I can't say that it's any better than my experiences in a BMW M Coupe or a 1993 RX-7 or an R34.

I believe that a rear, mid, or front engine car can be set up to run exceptionally well, especially with today's technology.

Maybe 30 years ago there was a clear advantage, but I don't believe that it's all so clear today.

I drove a BMW 135i the other day and that thing handles just as well as a Cayman IMHO. It's a wonderful car and the balance is there.

Hmmm I'm wondering if a Z06 as a test mule car is a good thing or not. :confused: Nothing against the Z06, but sort of a different market to chase. Unless of course Honda is now going after a different market. Seems like a downgrade since the older video of a stretched S2K body was using a TTurbo Porsche as their chase car.

Performance wise, the Porsche Turbo and the Z06 are in the same league. Same 0-60 stats (3.7 sec) similiar 1/4 miles stats.

you are missing the point-
obviously majority of real enthusiasts would take pride in achievements based on THEIR merit, not just yet another 'great equilizer' that does thinking for them. for me it is more important how i control the car (even if i make a mistake to learn from it), not how fast the car allows me to drive because with with all the fancy 4wd, traction control, yaw control, sphincter control etc., you will not even know you made a mistake and never learn. as a matter of fact, the harder the car it is to drive, the more i enjoy it. thats why cars like gtr will have following with the masses but never make it with the real drivers.
the attitude you are portraying is currently killing the scca and vintage racing where cubic dollars replace skill. no thanks.

I understand exactly what you're talking about. My MY00 S2000 was an extremely difficult car to drive and it did make me a better driver. However, my second S2000, a MY04, which had a softer suspension and was more forgiving was still my favorite. It still had no TC and was not the easiest car to drive, but the bump steer was gone and so was the crazy rear end.

The love for the inadequatecies of a car are developed over time and are recognized by their owners, but as time progresses, their "problems" are usually corrected. I don't see anything wrong with that. If there is a better way to build it, make it more stable, make it faster, etc then I'm going to happily embrace it.

I don't see these improvments as any different than us doing after market improvements. We put on SC's, change suspensions, get better tires, fly wheels, exhausts, etc. Do people do these things to make the car more difficult to drive? Of course not, it's to improve on the car's short comings. So why when the manufacturer does it, it's always all wrong?

I remember reading a quote in NASCAR that said, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'". Nobody wants to have the lesser of anything. And if we are truly measuring anyone's skill, it is impossible to measure it by having too many variables ,ie different cars.

If you truly want to test your skills against another individual, you have to get on a track with the same exact car and run. No two cars are identical and each one has their advatages and disadvantages. So like you said, you are worried about the drivers' skills, not the cars. It doesn't matter what car you drive, as long as that variable is constant. Otherwise your test of skill will fail. You will always us the car you were in as an excuse. So if you're driving a GT-R and you're testing yourself, you have to use only your GT-R times. If you're driving a Civic, then you have to compare yourself against yourself in only the Civic. So there is still room to measure your skill.... it's just that driving the GT-R will probably be a bit more exciting.

Ok, it's agreed. This car is NOT an NSX, meaning that since we all have to (stay on topic: NSX), all moderators should lock any threads that mention this car.

It is not an NSX and it can not be discussed on here... period. It's merely an Accord V6 Coupe/ CRX/ S2000 Coupe/ 944/ LF-A/ M6.

Fukui Tells Honda R&D: NSX Must be Faster Around the Nurburgring Than the GT-R

Date posted: 06-17-2008

NÜRBURG, Germany — The latest prototype of the 2011 Acura NSX has hit the Nürburgring, and according to our sources in Japan, it has a very specific goal. We're told that Takeo Fukui, CEO of Honda, has tasked his R&D team with building an NSX that's faster around the Nürburgring than both the Nissan GT-R and the upcoming Lexus LF-A.

It's a tall order, and one that Honda hopes it can achieve through the use of a 5.5-liter V10 expected to make 550 horses, with a torque peak expected to top 420 pound-feet. The engine is essentially a slightly larger version of the V8 that Honda will use for the next-generation, rear-wheel-drive RL sedan, and it will use cylinder deactivation under light loads for maximum efficiency. Additional gains will come from the use of an eight-speed, paddle-shifted automatic.

Getting the power to the ground will be a modified version of Honda's Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive (SH-AWD) system. Packaging could be tight, however, as this NSX will place its V10 up front. A combination of steel and aluminum will be used for the chassis that will form the basis of this 2+2 sports car.

What this means to you: The Acura NSX is less than two years away, and it's aiming to reclaim its title as Japan's ultimate supercar. — Ed Hellwig, Lead Senior Editor

04_Isaacs_big_shit_R.jpg

000code.jpg

I would choose the C4S over the C2. I would choose the R8 and F430 over the GT-R. I can't decide between the M6 and this Acura without more info.

Fukui's target means that NSX replacement will be delayed once again

We're told that Takeo Fukui, CEO of Honda, has tasked his R&D team with building an NSX that's faster around the Nürburgring than both the Nissan GT-R and the upcoming Lexus LF-A.

I read on autoblog that the new Z06 costs 117k. That seems expensive.

maybe it's a typo, that should be the ZR1 they are referring to ...

OScar

Performance wise, the Porsche Turbo and the Z06 are in the same league. Same 0-60 stats (3.7 sec) similiar 1/4 miles stats.

True but I was looking at it strictly from a marketing standpoint. Different niche market imo.

I currently drive a rear engine car and while I do agree that it is all of the things previously described, I can't say that it's any better than my experiences in a BMW M Coupe or a 1993 RX-7 or an R34.

I believe that a rear, mid, or front engine car can be set up to run exceptionally well, especially with today's technology.

Maybe 30 years ago there was a clear advantage, but I don't believe that it's all so clear today.

I drove a BMW 135i the other day and that thing handles just as well as a Cayman IMHO. It's a wonderful car and the balance is there.

Rear engine cars by design are a challenge from a dynamic standpoint. After decades of experience, Porsche manages to do a great job to tune out many of the undesirable effects of RWD. Given that, the 911 is not without dynamic flaws.

I'm amazed that anyone here can come to such a firm conclusion on the car's looks, given the extensive amount of camouflage on the car (not just the paint, but also the covers on various body panels).

I'm amazed that anyone here can come to such a firm conclusion on the car's looks, given the extensive amount of camouflage on the car (not just the paint, but also the covers on various body panels).

In my eyes there is NO WAY that the pictured car is the one to beat the GT-R around the 'ring unless the entire thing is carbon fiber and aluminum. Seriously.

this should be the 90k RL replacement folks been talking about

wonder what the plate is registered to?

Back