• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Spy Photos

Ive been driving hondas for years and ive been selling them for 5 years. I wouldnt trade it for anything. Some honda driver's have no clue how fortunate they are to have a car that wont give them any real issues. Try owning a mercedes, range rover or BMW or Audi and see how important reliability really is. Ive owned an 05 TL 6 speed and now an 08 TL type-s 6 speed and not to mention my 95 accord turbo that i beat the crap out of! None of my cars give me any issues.....and when i do pick up an NSX i expect the quality and reliability to be the same or better.

Its way too early to make a final judgment. It does look like a bmw, f430, 350z, supra hybrid. Looking forward to see what a super gt widebody version would look like.:smile:

Its way too early to make a final judgment. It does look like a bmw, f430, 350z, supra hybrid. Looking forward to see what a super gt widebody version would look like.:smile:

Good point! I cant wait to see the ARTA version!

That's like hooking up with some homely girl and saying, "I can't wait 'til she gets some plastic surgery..."

And all of those cars are fairly attractive... sans the 350Z.

You know, we all put on the flamethrowers for reposts, but people keep saying "they better not call it NSX". We get it, think of something new to say, because we all agree, even Honda agrees, this is not going to be a NSX.

Further, we don't know what the hell this thing is. Acura halo car? New GT car for Acura with another V10 machine to follow?

We do know it's fast, very fast. We don't know what it will look like (exactly). But I think we do know that it will be so expensive that the minority of Prime members will be able to afford one brand new.

I'm holding off judgment. I have to say though, that since whatever this is, isn't mid-engined, and is a FE AWD machine, with decent styling (from what I can see) that as a GT car I think it's awesome on it's merits alone.

We're not getting another MR car, for now, so I'm just going to appreciate this one for what it is.

Last edited:
You know, we all put on the flamethrowers for reposts, but people keep saying "they better not call it NSX". We get it, think of something new to say, because we all agree, even Honda agrees, this is not going to be a NSX.

Further, we don't know what the hell this thing is. Acura halo car? New GT car for Acura with another V10 machine to follow?

We do know it's fast, very fast. We don't know what it will look like (exactly). But I think we do know that it will be so expensive that the minority of Prime members will be able to afford one brand new.

I'm holding off judgment. I have to say though, that since whatever this is, isn't mid-engined, and is a FE AWD machine, with decent styling (from what I can see) that as a GT car I think it's awesome on it's merits alone.

We're not getting another MR car, for now, so I'm just going to appreciate this one for what it is.

They better not call it an NSX! :mad:

But I think we do know that it will be so expensive that the minority of Prime members will be able to afford one brand new.

I do not agree with that. I for myself am very reluctant to buy a brand new car. I am enough patient to wait and find exactly what I am looking for. I just don't want to lose my money that way. Honestly, what's the difference between a second hand Diablo with about 5 to 12k miles and a brand new one?

I will be able to buy the new Honda halo car ( if it will be an interesting car which I highly doubt ... ) but as I did for my daily driver ( white/tan TL '05 ), I saved a lot of money not buying it new. Patience pays and gives more money to spend on other interesting things ...

I am sure that I'm not the only one here on Prime who thinks that way.

Regards.

Last edited:
I do not agree with that. I for myself am very reluctant to buy a brand new car. I am enough patient to wait and find exactly what I am looking for. I just don't want to lose my money that way. Honestly, what's the difference between a second hand Diablo with about 5 to 12k miles and a brand new one?

I will be able to buy the new Honda halo car ( if it will be an interesting car which I highly doubt ... ) but as I did for my daily driver ( white/tan TL '05 ), I saved a lot of money not buying it new. Patience pays and gives more money to spend on other interesting things ...

I am sure that I'm not the only one here on Prime who thinks that way.

Regards.

I'm certain you could buy one. I buy my cars slightly used as a rule as well for all the same reasons you do. However, most Prime members are not first owners, did not pay $80k plus for their cars. When you read the posts about prospective owners they are looking at the $25-$50k cars, not $140k cars.

Many Prime members could buy a $140k car, some choose not to. I'm sure you've noticed the demographic of NSX owners & buyers changing over the last few years. All I am saying is most of the posters here on Prime couldn't afford the $140,000 price of admission to the new Acura, but are making all kinds of statements on how it should be designed.

I don't think the majority of Prime members are Acura's target audience for their next halo car.

Did anyone here buy a new one and pay $80k+

For that matter did anyone on this thread buy a new one? Just curious.

Many Primers may not be first owners but does that mean they won't be first owners in the future?

If you first car in high school was a used Mustang, does that mean you will never buy a new Mustang?

Did anyone here buy a new one and pay $80k+

I did back in 2000. Never had a moment of buyer's remorse either. ;)

I think I'd have issues justifying a $100K+ car. There are certainly quite a few in the $100K-$200K price range that I'd love to own, but would never buy.

Last edited:
I did back in 2000. Never had a moment of buyer's remorse either. ;)

I think I'd have issues justifying a $100K+ car. There are certainly quite a few in the $100K-$200K price range that I'd love to own, but would never buy.

Same here. A few of the NSX owners in my local group got theirs new. Not one regret amongst us.

Here is a question... Do you guys think Honda will come out with another MR (or next Gen NSX) sometime in the future?

Back