• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

Insistant, rediculous, borderline hidous, obsessive use of center-line crease. I didn't like it when I saw it on the last integra *cough* (RSX) and I absolutely do not care for it on this top-of-the-line model. The NSX successor should LEAD not follow. Do things for purpose, don't force this car into an unnecessary marketing mold. Really poor form and only CHEAPENS your car. Subsequent models should resemble this car, not the other way around.

.neuro

Right on!! Time to kill that center line crease. It does nothing for styling, especially when it is in the rear also.

As for the LA designers not having a lot of time, too bad for Honda. Either take the time to do it right or do it poorly in the short time and tarnish the concept for the world to see.

After reading through all of the posts and looking at all the photos and video's of the ASCC that I could find, I have to say I am disappointed in Honda's California design team. They obviously do not understand what makes a sports car sexy. The ASCC has about as much sex appeal as a TL (I wonder why).

If you look at sports cars that make the adrenalin start to flow, they don't have razor sharp lines, they have lines that suggest smooth airflow over and around the body. (Yes, some high power race cars that are more focused on down force than drag have square shapes, but this car will not have 1000+ horsepower and I wouldn't want to pay for the gas).

A sexy car will also have detail work (i.e. scoops and diverters) that imply functionality and power under the skin. If they really do have a functional purpose, then the blood rushes a bit faster. The AASC as it is presented today, lacks that sex appeal because it looks like a streamlined TL. (Of course the Porsche 356 looked like a streamed lined Beetle until they started to add scoops and fender flares).

A car that handles well, has the performance to match or exceed others in its price range/market, and is appealing to look at are what performance minded people will buy. If it misses on any of these, then only a few will buy. That is what happened to the NSX, it did not make the performance and styling upgrades with the rest of the market.

I personally think the AASC has a basic profile that is a good starting point to work from. It needs lots of refinements. It needs details to make it not look like a TL that has been stepped on. But those are things that can be added with time. I do hope they loose the razor styling though. That was a 2002 fad, time to move on.

As for the FR layout vs. the MR layout, I have no issues with either as long as the car handles well. US drivers and roads are such that on the street, there is no effective difference. If I want snappy performance on the track, I am more inclined to by a $40K spec racer of some type than to risk damaging a $100+ car.

My only concern with the LA design center leading the development of this car is that most US designers and drivers (especially in LA) do not understand there is more to driving and performance than how fast I can get to the next stop light, or what is the top end speed on an infinitely long and straight smooth piece of road. But then what do you expect from people that don't understand why a race car would ever want to turn to the right. Will this car receive the same level of performance testing that Senna gave the original in Germany? Will Honda be willing to fund the engineering work required to implement what is learned there? Time will tell.

So until I see what is displayed in Tokyo, I guess I will continue to tune and tweak my aging supercar to try and keep up with the current crowd and be thankful for the fact that I bought a car that even 20 years after it was designed can still keep up with just a little bit of engine work. That I have a car with a chassis that is designed well enough it will still be stiff and tight when most of the current batch of performance cars have shaken themselves into the junk yard. I just hope Honda will continue to supply spare parts for as long as the car can last.

tk
96-T Red/Black

Last edited:
At the end of the day, I'm sure that although people are saying they hate it on this forum, as long as it is not a pig, handles reasonably ok/well, and is at a price point that is a comparable to others in its class (M6, Aston, E55 AMG, etc...) people will sell their NSX.
100% incorrect.

If I were to sell my NSX for something else, it sure wouldn't be that ... thing. There are many more beautiful and appealing cars in the world.

car and driver did an article on the new NSX this month. I have not got a chgance to read it yet, just glanced at the pictures yesterday.

I've talked to my local dealer I,m number one on his waiting list. He promised the car November 2009. I think he's just saying that to get a deposit but I'm in.

I'm told the are going to market the car at about 60-70k
At that price I'll certainly buy one.

I've talked to my local dealer I,m number one on his waiting list. He promised the car November 2009. I think he's just saying that to get a deposit but I'm in.

What a fool

I'm told the are going to market the car at about 60-70k
At that price I'll certainly buy one.

:rolleyes:

A fool is someone that leaves with no toys and all his money to a bunch of worthless kids. No I don't know something others don't just what my freind that owns a honda dealership told me.

A fool is someone that leaves with no toys and all his money to a bunch of worthless kids. No I don't know something others don't just what my freind that owns a honda dealership told me.

I think many people would agree with the following,

"Honda and Acura dealers know little to nothing about what the NSX replacement will be, when it is coming out, how much it will cost, and how many they will be allocated, if and when it does."

If you can afford to part with your cash for a year or so, great! You may get one of the first. On the other hand....

After giving it some thought, I'm thinking about selling my 95 red/blk and replacing it with the lowest milage 05 I can find and holding on till they really figure it out. If the new gen is really a supercar worth having I'll have a nice trade in if not I'll have a nice NSX. I was going to replace mine with a new one anyway but got sidetracked by all the hype about a second gen. by the way my local dealer says he can get me a lease return at a good price. Do any of you guys have any knowledge or opinions about lease turn ins?

After giving it some thought, I'm thinking about selling my 95 red/blk and replacing it with the lowest milage 05 I can find and holding on till they really figure it out. If the new gen is really a supercar worth having I'll have a nice trade in if not I'll have a nice NSX. I was going to replace mine with a new one anyway but got sidetracked by all the hype about a second gen. by the way my local dealer says he can get me a lease return at a good price. Do any of you guys have any knowledge or opinions about lease turn ins?

I traded my 1995 for a 2003 back in 2005. Two are completely different cars.

You may want to consider a NSX built between May of 2002 to end of 2003 if you can find a low mileage car, you are looking at around over $10g in saving.

This is what I have done. Now that my 92 is sold (I sold it last week) and I'm looking hard at the 05s, the cars that are in the condition I would like are selling for a considerable chunk of change. I think the cars are priced correctly, my problem is that I would be buying a car, which is from the driver's seat, virtually identical for twice the money. Hmmm....

I traded my 1995 for a 2003 back in 2005. Two are completely different cars.

You may want to consider a NSX built between May of 2002 to end of 2003 if you can find a low mileage car, you are looking at around over $10g in saving.

How are they completely different other than power, wheels, brakes, and styling tweaks.

My question is, does it drive differently other than being slightly faster.

How are they completely different other than power, wheels, brakes, and styling tweaks.

My question is, does it drive differently other than being slightly faster.
This has been discussed over and over. But here is the shorter version.

Most of the baseline dyno on the 2002 and up dyno'd about 10hp more than early NA2 cars. You have to find the thread from last year. With CTSC, the numbers usually comes more than the NA1 and early NA2.

Six speed with shorter gearing.

The car feels lighter.

Different sway bars was used from May of 2002 when the JDM NSX-R was introduced.

The car is slightly faster, but actually feel a lot faster. My old 1995 was about the same as my 2001 S2k.

ABS pump is different, more responsive.

Brake is not as smooshy.

etc. etc.

From the surface, NSX may look like the car has not changed that much, but there are enough changes Honda made to make the car significantly different - at least that's my opinion. If you haven't driven an 02 spec, see if you can find one to take it for a spin.

Last edited:
Back