• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

Don't forget the new NSX is due to debut at the Detroit Motor Show this weekend. If anyone is lucky enough to go, PLEASE! take as many pictures as possible and post them asap here at NSXPrime, for those of us who won't be able to see the next generation until the powers at be decide to show it to us. I'm sure those of us who own NSX's will be better judges of the new model than the general public.

Cheers

nigel

"Next NSX"? Those are Automobile Magazine's words, not Hondas. An NSX is a mid-engined car, not front-engined like the sketch suggests. If Honda does decide to call a front-engined car an NSX, it will be disappointing, regardless of performance. Also, if it was the new NSX (and named NSX), they would be calling it NSX in the press build-up, and not "Advanced Sports Car Concept". Anyhow, with a front engine, it will be a Corvette competitor, not a Ferrari F430-like competitor that the original NSX was.
But don't get me wrong, if it is a Honda sports car, it should still be impressive.

"Next NSX"? Those are Automobile Magazine's words, not Hondas. An NSX is a mid-engined car, not front-engined like the sketch suggests. If Honda does decide to call a front-engined car an NSX, it will be disappointing, regardless of performance. Also, if it was the new NSX (and named NSX), they would be calling it NSX in the press build-up, and not "Advanced Sports Car Concept". Anyhow, with a front engine, it will be a Corvette competitor, not a Ferrari F430-like competitor that the original NSX was.
But don't get me wrong, if it is a Honda sports car, it should still be impressive.
if it does 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds gets 26 MPG corners like my 1992 NSX has a jack for my satellite radio and is less than 75K i will be impressed (rear, front or midengine).

So is it out yet?

Hi all,

I'm not a frequent poster, but I'm a Prime fan and 2-time NSX owner.

Just wanted to say I'm watching this thread along with the rest of you guys. Thanks to everyone (and anyone) who comes up with the first images, specs, details, link, etc.

22 hours to go...

Can't wait, when Acura announced that they will be joining the Le Mans, I've always felt that the next gen NSX was going to be derived from that, but we'll see...

Not only post the next acura Sports Car, can anyone also show some Acura Le Mans car as well...

Counting the Seconds...:biggrin:

Can't wait, when Acura announced that they will be joining the Le Mans, I've always felt that the next gen NSX was going to be derived from that, but we'll see...

Not only post the next acura Sports Car, can anyone also show some Acura Le Mans car as well...

Counting the Seconds...:biggrin:

Found this on AutoSpies.com. They had a spy (sorta speak) at the show yesterday, sneaking pics during the show set-up. There are several other pics on the site, none as good, but the car you see partially draped is center stage under the Acura Advanced Concept sign...

Attachments

• Acura Advanced Concept.JPG
    Acura Advanced Concept.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 513
It sure looks like it has the engine mounted in the front. I cannot wait to see the rest.

quikie photo-chop

Attachments

• PhotochoptGuess.jpg
    PhotochoptGuess.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 553
Humm, interesting comparison...not sure why but from looking at these two photos I couldn't say for sure that the engine is up front. Looks somewhat similar in shape to the HSC to me with perhaps a little more rounded front end.

5115Acura_Advanced_Concept.JPG
5115HSC.jpg

quikie photo-chop

Pretty impressive! It'll be interesting to see if your undercover interpretation parallels Acura's vision of a worthy successor. In the end, it would be difficult at best for Honda (or any manufacturer for that matter), to produce something with the same impact as the original NSX. Tomorrow will tell...

Hummm ...

It doesn't look gorgeous at this moment and it could be front engine as well as mid engine but considering the hood height I would go for the first possibility.

What can we expect more when they're in an ABSOLUTELY BAD DESIGN MOOD ...

I don't like the little I see ...

Is it me or actually there is almost no nice car coming on???? What a pathetic design trend ...

added adnausium nose

Attachments

• PhotochopGuess2.jpg
    PhotochopGuess2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 393
Less than 14 hours... any predictions?

Mine:
-MID-engine (front pic looks more like front-engined, but the drawing to me looked mid-engined, I'm being optimistic)
-4.5L 520hp V10 with Advanced VTEC
-C/F body
-SH-AWD

Anything else, I have no idea. But those are my predictions. Let's get a quick prediction game going before it's unveiled!

Front Engine. 500HP V10, SH-AWD 3500LBS. 7 speed auto with paddles.

So a somewhat lighter Japanese M6 with AWD... I hope you're wrong! :frown:

I should add to mine... I'll be surprised if a traditional manual is offered... probably paddle-only. :frown: again...

Back