• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner: 2000 Monaco Blue NSX-T

So back in 2007 I was searching and searching for a NSX. I had all of my funds together and was going to purchase a friends 1994 Berlina Black NSX, but he ended up not wanting to sell it after I had saved and saved for it. Haha :( Me being me, I was way too anxious to "look" harder for another one and my money was burning a hole in my pocket haha. :tongue: I came across a 2008 Nismo Z and kinda got sold by the dealer (Idiot me...I got rapped on the sale, but that's another story.) In 2012 I kinda grew out of the Nismo, had all the cool mods I wanted and wanted to move onto something new. I made the decision to sell around summer 2013. So, I ended up selling my Nismo back in Aug 2013 for a really really low price :(. Now the search began for a NSX... Let me tell you, I've never had so much trouble just trying to purchase a car. It's like the owners post the car for sale but then they really don't want to sell or they have to get permission from their wife which to me didn't make any sense at all because why would someone even post their car for sale in the first place if your wife wasn't ok with it from the get go. **Rant** Maybe I just don't understand because I'm not married. Another thing about these "owners" (at least some of the ones that I dealt with) were that they were very rude, almost cocky. It's like they wouldn't even give me the time of day unless I was a previous NSX owner or I had some knowledge base about the car in general. I'm not trying to generalize all NSX owners because not all of them were like that or maybe it was just my luck to have to deal with the type of owners I had to deal with. I know they all aren't bad, they probably just really like their cars and it was hard for them to let go. Haha! :p So after countless contacts with lame owners and some who were just plain a**holes, I finally found one nearby me here in California and purchased in December 2013. Let me tell you, Nick was one of the coolest guys I'd ever met. He was very down to earth and was able to work with me and my busy schedule. Nick also wouldn't even let me purchase the vehicle until I contacted the people who had done various maintenance on the vehicle. He also was kind enough to throw in some parts I had planned on purchasing anyway for a really good price! Thanks again Nick! :D Well enough with the talking/ranting, I just wanna say it's an honor to be part of this community and I hope to learn more from you guys. Here are a couple photos of my Nismo when I had it and my NSX which I love. Had a friend of mine do a small shoot (The black NSX in the photos is actuality he one I was going to originally purchase back in 2007) :cool:

wow! really nice car. well worth the wait.

where did you end up finding it ? you should come out to one of the norcal events sometime.

wow! really nice car. well worth the wait.

where did you end up finding it ? you should come out to one of the norcal events sometime.

Bought it off a fellow Prime member who lived in the San Jose area. Haven't been invited to a event yet :( Haha But would love to come. I have a few buddies that own NSX's as well that would probably like to roll too. Just let me know man!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4398.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4408.JPG
IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

Since my thread hadn't been approved for so long I couldn't post updates so I guess heres my chance. Haha
Got some goodies from the fellas at SOS, Acura of Tempe and Mark@PRIDE. Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_4450.jpg
IMG_4552.jpg

I have to say, Seibon makes some pretty crappy products... (I know they are a big name and all) When you hear "Seibon" you think of a great products for carbon fiber. The rear valance is crap... the middle part of the valance flew off on the freeway and the spoiler I got has small cracks and not to mention I've had to replace the LED lights twice. Love the look and the cost but the craftsmanship is no bueno...
With the center piece off of the valance it actually makes my exhaust stand out moat though! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and I updated the tail lights with the 02+ :biggrin:
Thanks also to Advanscpap for the NSX-R pedals :wink:

Likewise, if you guys got anything going on, post it up. We usually just arrange something and post it up for others to know about it. Anyone can join.

Go for the DF stuff over the Seibon for sure.

Damn? Really? Finally approved after 4 Months? Haha ohh well...

Hey Luis, I was wondering when you were going to post your introduction.....wow..four months for approval :biggrin:

Car looks great and glad you are enjoying it all these months.

-Nick

Hey Luis, I was wondering when you were going to post your introduction.....wow..four months for approval :biggrin:

Car looks great and glad you are enjoying it all these months.

-Nick

What's up Nick! Yeah, 4 months.. I thought maybe I said something wrong in my intro and the Moderator didn't want to approve it, haha! Thanks Brotha! Hope you like what I've done with her so far ;P

Nice car. Congrats on the purchase. The Pride exhaust really makes the NSX rip. Sounds great.

did you get the NSXR gas petal mounted?? if so how did you mount it?

I was going to make a thread about the install. (But it seems to take forever to get them "approved") The Clutch and Brake pedal are simple. Drill the 3 holes then use a rivet gun and punch the rivets in. As for the gas pedal, I don't know how people are doing it. They say they just drill the same holes and cut the corner and just pop the rivets in as the clutch and brake but theres no way the rivets will fit. At least for my gas pedal it didn't, so I just left it off. Luckly I didn't start to cut the corner off :cool:

IMG_4609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 478
- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 113331
View attachment 113332

I have to say, Seibon makes some pretty crappy products... (I know they are a big name and all) When you hear "Seibon" you think of a great products for carbon fiber. The rear valance is crap... the middle part of the valance flew off on the freeway and the spoiler I got has small cracks and not to mention I've had to replace the LED lights twice. Love the look and the cost but the craftsmanship is no bueno...
With the center piece off of the valance it actually makes my exhaust stand out moat though! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and I updated the tail lights with the 02+ :biggrin:
Thanks also to Advanscpap for the NSX-R pedals :wink:

That rear valence looks pretty good without the centerpiece. If you want to keep the original look you could source an OEM '02+ valance, you already have the wheels and taillights.

if you ever wanna sell those 02+ rims call me first that's the last thing mine needs to make me happy since tires companies are not making my stock sizes anymore forcing me to upgrade to a bigger rim ughh

love the look sweeeet

I was going to make a thread about the install. (But it seems to take forever to get them "approved") The Clutch and Brake pedal are simple. Drill the 3 holes then use a rivet gun and punch the rivets in. As for the gas pedal, I don't know how people are doing it. They say they just drill the same holes and cut the corner and just pop the rivets in as the clutch and brake but theres no way the rivets will fit. At least for my gas pedal it didn't, so I just left it off. Luckly I didn't start to cut the corner off :cool:

View attachment 113462

how about using glue to put the face of the nsxr petal on to the stock one without the rubber piece?

I too sold my 2007 Nismo 350Z for my '97 Spa Yellow NSX-T.

2ns2gb6.jpg

looks like you were spotted

Jealous... Love that color. I'm around Stockton area all them time would love to check out your ride.

2ns2gb6.jpg

looks like you were spotted

Haha oh shit! Funny thing, I haven't driven the car in like 2-3 weeks. I left it at my friends house and told him to take it for me to get detailed. This pic was probably at a Gym Haha! You can see how I jacked up the front bumper too by removing the front emblem -____-;

love the car and especial;;y the color, whose the b;lack one pictured for? also very nice and clean.

Congrats! Monaco Blue is an amazing color! Enjoy :)

Back