• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner, any additional history on the car?

Hi,

Just got an NSX. Many thanks to this website for helping me decide to buy an NSX.

Here are the details from the ad:

1995 NSX-T, Red/Blk., 105k miles, 18/19 Advan Kreuzers Rims, Coil overs with Konis, RPS clutch, Dali Racing coolant reservoir, quad custom exhaust

I'm the third owner. The second owner had the car registered as non-operational and I don't think he drove it too much. He didn't tell me much about the original owner and how or where the original owner drove it. The car has some nice upgrades looks like it was taken care of. Acura of Marin did maintenance on it.

Does anyone recognize the car or have any history on it?

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase.

This may be a dumb question, but didn't you get any history prior to purchase? I purchased mine through an Acura dealer, as a second owner, but I still got the history of the car.

I would talk to the service manager at the servicing dealer if the owner you bought it from was mute.I think what we on prime find strange is you would buy an exotic car from someone who offered no pertinant history.:confused:

I appreciate everyone for taking the time to reply, thanks.

Before buying the car, I googled the VIN number, ran a CARFAX report and I had my mechanic check it out. The seller lived about five miles away from my house and my mechanic. The results were very positive. Clean carfax, no signs of accident damage, clean undercarriage, great upgrades, new tires, nice paint with some expected minor touchups, and a clean interior. I felt that I had enough information to pull the trigger on the purchase.

Not everything was perfect, there were some engine leaks that I had to fix and while that was being done ask the shop to change the timing belt and water pump since it hadn't been done recently. When opened up, the engine was clean and looked well maintained.

For the money I put into the car, I'm pretty pleased with the state of the car. And the upgrades I got with the car are nice. The RPS clutch is heavy but I'm getting used to it. I've been talking about getting an NSX for years, I'm glad I got it and wish I'd got one sooner.

The members of this website seem pretty tight and familiar with other NSXes in their area, so I was just curious if anyone knew the car....a detailed history was the one thing I wasn't able to get. I'll try to track down more information via Marin Acura when I get a chance. The seller said he called them but never heard back.

I am pretty sure that I'm more clueless than most of you when it comes to NSXes so I appreciate the guidance I've gotten already and will get in the future.

Last edited:
Acura of Marin did maintenance on it.

Does anyone recognize the car or have any history on it?

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to Prime. Since Acura of Marin did the maintenance on your car, you can ask Acura of Marin on the maintenance history. All they need is your VIN and they should be able to pull up the maintenance history on your car.

Nice meeting you today at our club meet. Hopefully the information I provided to you about your NSX gave you the insight you were looking for regarding it's history. The owner who had it in the Bay is a friend of mine and I've driven your NSX in the past many times. I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood (since you live about 10 minutes from me). :smile:

1995 NSX-T, Red/Blk., 105k miles, 18/19 Advan Kreuzers Rims, Coil overs with Konis, RPS clutch, Dali Racing coolant reservoir, quad custom exhaust

You forgot to mention the nice StopTech big brakes on your car :wink:.

Congrats on the new car. Your going to love it. 100k miles? It's just getting broken in. You've got many more miles on that baby. If you like it and your happy with the purchase, enjoy it and drive it.

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you got a very nice NSX. I purchased my last summer with one eye open and when I took it into Niello Acura for service records, they were not able to provide any records from the VIN.

I'm also live 10 mins from you if you'd ever want to meet up!

Last edited:
Congratulation for your new car :smile: , I wish you much pleasure to lead it, the NSX… it is the insurance to have a car single in its kind and reliable.
good road with your baby:smile:

Welcome!:smile:

Congrats on your purchase.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back