• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New owner needs HELP IMMEDIATELY

Hello everyone,

I have a big problem. The glass window where the engine is will not open. I turn the lever and hear a small click, but it will not open. When I inspected the car it opened fine. Am I missing something. I need to figure this out ASAP. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,
Danny C.

Originally posted by DannyC:
Hello everyone,

I have a big problem. The glass window where the engine is will not open. I turn the lever and hear a small click, but it will not open.

Regards,
Danny C.
Try this-Push down on the hatch where the release meets the glass-about six inches left of center at the edge of the glass. If that does not work try pushing down on it again and have someone try the release lever then, or if you have incredibly long arms you cen reach it yourself. If it opens, check for debris or grease buildup around the release mechanism. This worked for rickro a couple of weeks ago. It might also be the supports for the glass are worn out need to be replaced. good luck.

NSX-Ter's advices worked well for me. As a new owner I made the mistake of let go of the glass about 2 feet while shutting it. Big mistake! Now I silmply push down the glass softly until it clicks to lock. Since I've been doing this it has never gotten stuck again.

Back