• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of 93 NSX with Comptech SC - have a few questions please

New owner of 93 NSX with Comptech SC

I will start by saying that I love the community here on NSXprime. I admit that I read more than I post, and come on here everyday to get my daily fix. I look forward to joining in more conversations in the near future.

I recently took the plunge and purchased a 93 NSX with a Comptech SC. Sold from a dealer in IL, whereas I live in CA. This will be my second NSX.

One of the primary reasons for buying this car was because I always felt the NSX needed about another 100hp. It's my understanding the Comptech SC meets CARB requirements here in CA.

I plan to do some light modifications to this one that are easily reversible.

Last edited:
I was watching the auction on BAT, good win! Prior owned was MLB pitcher CJ Wilson, seems like a super chill dude. Seems like some really nice parts put on my a legend in the NSX service game. Enjoy it!

I was watching the auction on BAT, good win! Prior owned was MLB pitcher CJ Wilson, seems like a super chill dude. Seems like some really nice parts put on my a legend in the NSX service game. Enjoy it!
Thank you sir. I take delivery of the NSX today. Pretty excited! I sure would appreciated some "Powered by Comptech" stickers if you still have any. :biggrin:

Regarding the auction, that is the first time I've bought anything on BAT, and the first time I've bought a car sight unseen. I placed a bid with only seconds to go....then someone else placed a bid and raised my bid by $500. I said to myself, "ok, just one more bid and that's it." I placed my bid, got up from the computer, and walked away and went outside for 5 minutes. I did that intentionally so I wouldn't bid again. LOL I was honestly surprised that I won when I came back to the computer.

Thank you sir. I take delivery of the NSX today. Pretty excited! I sure would appreciated some "Powered by Comptech" stickers if you still have any. :biggrin:

Regarding the auction, that is the first time I've bought anything on BAT, and the first time I've bought a car sight unseen. I placed a bid with only seconds to go....then someone else placed a bid and raised my bid by $500. I said to myself, "ok, just one more bid and that's it." I placed my bid, got up from the computer, and walked away and went outside for 5 minutes. I did that intentionally so I wouldn't bid again. LOL I was honestly surprised that I won when I came back to the computer.

Of course, I offered didn't I. LOL. PM ME your address and I'll look in the vault.

Nice!!

Pics or in order or it didn't happen:biggrin:

I didn't see the BAT auction but congrats! You must have bought his white one with the OE red seats? He also has a black one which I think he still has. Please post pics!

This bad boy

1993_acura_nsx_1585942694e149ebcf8b75fe8d2DSC_0371.jpg

Wow, it still has a pristine, original thin front lip spoiler vs the thicker, 97+ version that you can still buy today. Those thin lips haven't been available for 20 years, so when you see one in that shape you know the car hasn't even been down a steep driveway in it's lifetime.

This bad boy

Yes, that's the one! Thanks for posting it for me Mark.

I didn't see the BAT auction but congrats! You must have bought his white one with the OE red seats? He also has a black one which I think he still has. Please post pics!
Thank you. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Wow, it still has a pristine, original thin front lip spoiler vs the thicker, 97+ version that you can still buy today. Those thin lips haven't been available for 20 years, so when you see one in that shape you know the car hasn't even been down a steep driveway in it's lifetime.
Thanks for sharing this information. Learned something new today.

Car was delivered using InterCity shipping; they did a wonderful job and were great to deal with.

First order of business is to install a new battery. Car arrived dead on arrival.

Then look into why the TCS light is not lighting up/functioning.

I plan to track down an OEM spoiler. I have no idea who makes the spoiler currently on the car, but I'm not feelin' it. If anyone knows the brand, please post up.

Last edited:
I forget if Comptech made a type R look rear spoiler for a normal body but if they did it it might be one...

Of course, I offered didn't I. LOL. PM ME your address and I'll look in the vault.
You don't actually have any Powered by COMPTECH stickers, do you? Mine is almost 20 years old and quite tired. I there's a way to buy a couple of them, I have a CTSC S2000 now too...

It's my understanding the Comptech SC meets CARB requirements here in CA.
A lot of the documentation needed is easily available online if you run into a difficult shop. On mine one shop went bonkers years ago and the owner had to get the actual CT sticker for his engine bay. I imagine you've got it sorted by now, but if you run into smog issues feel free to reach out.

Last edited:
First thing should be to get it dynoed to make sure the air fuel ratio isn’t lean with the comptec supercharger. Also need to make sure the sc belt isn’t slipping and that the fuel lines have been changed to the newer black lines. The original comptec fuel lines leak from inside and you don’t want a fire. Beautiful car. Do these checks first to make sure it is healthy

Back