• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of Zanardi #07

I've been searching for an NA2 coupe for a while and I missed out on the last 2 silver ones that were for sale, so I figured I'd try to increase my odds and look for a Zanardi (hah). A few months ago I posted a message in the official Zanardi thread (almost as a joke as the thread was a year old and I didn't think anyone would actually respond). Low and behold a few weeks ago owner of Zanardi #07 contacted me!

#07 started life out in Texas where owner #1 only had her for 1 year, then owner #2 purchased her and drove her up to Michigan where she stayed her whole life. I couldn't have asked for a better car or a better transaction. This was the first NSX that I have purchased sight unseen, boy was it nerve wrecking. Car currently has 37k miles, mechanically sound, exterior has some rock chips here and there but nothing to cry about, and interior is immaculate!

Car wasn't stock. Previous owner installed OEM 02+ side skirts, 02+ rear valence, Taitec exhaust, Cantrell engine lid, and an aftermarket coolant tank. Fortunately, the car had all OEM parts so it was a pretty easy task converting everything back to stock.

Well, onto the pictures!

21047442128_a05c922a31_b.jpg

This was the largest transport I have ever seen! I booked it through Montway and I was a bit frustrated at first because I didn't realize they were a broker as well and it took a few days for them to find a transport for me. Finally, they contracted Global Auto and I couldn't have been happier. Cost was $1600 including stock parts and total transport time was about 5 days from MI to SoCal (car came on Labor day!).

21209109576_043ca146ec_b.jpg

That Audi R8 though!

21047254990_9dee567b10_b.jpg

20612689474_fbaf4054a9_b.jpg

20614252143_5ba1a6b75e_b.jpg

21047487498_11d6afac40_b.jpg

21243366701_3790381e7f_b.jpg

As always, [MENTION=21934]nsxnemo[/MENTION] showed his support!

21047505318_90d8c59979_b.jpg

21209183086_442543899b_b.jpg

A week later, here she is back to original condition:

21211599249_64cd9e9f8c_b.jpg

21211605729_862f6b092c_b.jpg

21210423430_06fabe1701_b.jpg

21372284906_7fb8557e3a_b.jpg

21210680108_417e562cde_b.jpg

Owner told me it was signed by Alex himself, wow.

21210440530_f7fe0663f9_b.jpg

21210445740_88da2ba4d4_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

thats because the zanardi is a type S for america.....

CONGRATULATION!!! the Z is the bomb!!

Last edited:
would that be a ZX:eek:

Wow! I just looked at this thread on my iMac and didn't realize how CLEAN it was! Great pickup and I can't wait to hopefully see it this week when I head out there!

I've been searching for an NA2 coupe for a while and I missed out on the last 2 silver ones that were for sale, so I figured I'd try to increase my odds and look for a Zanardi (hah). A few months ago I posted a message in the official Zanardi thread (almost as a joke as the thread was a year old and I didn't think anyone would actually respond). Low and behold a few weeks ago owner of Zanardi #07 contacted me!

Nice technique. It works but only when you expect it to not work, as I learned too. :)

About the only thing that feels better than pulling that off is the feeling of being glad you missed the others that you thought you really missed out on, huh??

But even nicer car!!! Congrats! Love it. Keep the photos coming.

Nice technique. It works but only when you expect it to not work, as I learned too. :)About the only thing that feels better than pulling that off is the feeling of being glad you missed the others that you thought you really missed out on, huh??But even nicer car!!! Congrats! Love it. Keep the photos coming.
That^^. And sometimes when the rare car isn't even on your radar to look for, it happens. I wasn't looking for nor entertained the thought of an Imola NSX. But, one popped up as I was looking at another Berlina NSX. So I made an offer and three days later I was fling out to pick it up. My dad always says,"we plan and God laughs."Great find Skafia. She's beautiful.

^ Nice, What tires are on there? I have the same wheels on my Type S.

They're original spec Bridgestone Potenza RE010, wow, beautiful car. Post a photo of your interior!

- - - Updated - - -

CONGRATULATION!!! the Z is the bomb!!

Haha thanks, love my "Z".

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the find and purchase. The car looks amazing.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful!

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! I just looked at this thread on my iMac and didn't realize how CLEAN it was! Great pickup and I can't wait to hopefully see it this week when I head out there!

The camera hides a lot of flaws, you'll see them when you get here. She's washed up and ready for you!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice technique. It works but only when you expect it to not work, as I learned too. :)

About the only thing that feels better than pulling that off is the feeling of being glad you missed the others that you thought you really missed out on, huh??

But even nicer car!!! Congrats! Love it. Keep the photos coming.

Yes, you're absolutely right! Thanks, more photoshoots coming. Edit: Although one should not complain about a Zanardi, I really would prefer another color :p

- - - Updated - - -

That^^. And sometimes when the rare car isn't even on your radar to look for, it happens. I wasn't looking for nor entertained the thought of an Imola NSX. But, one popped up as I was looking at another Berlina NSX. So I made an offer and three days later I was fling out to pick it up. My dad always says,"we plan and God laughs."Great find Skafia. She's beautiful.

Yeah, same thing happened with the Imola I picked up. Wasn't in the market, but when it popped up for some reason I felt compelled to jump on it (even without ever seeing the color in person). It's interesting though, my favorite color is Silverstone and I attempted to buy a couple of 02+ Silverstones over the past year and all of the deals fell through (even after putting a deposit on one occasion). Murphy's Law I guess. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the club! How do you like the drive compared to your 05?

Huge Congrats, One Sweet Work of Art! Beautiful ... Enjoy Her Well!:)

Back