• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner

Congrats! Make sure the maintenance is up to date. Especially timing belt and water pump.

Some pics would be nice too!

Congrats! Indeed some pics would be great:)

Welcome and congratulations! Looks like you might be relatively new to the site so if you haven't done so already, you might want to check out the NSX Wiki which can be found on the red action bar at the top of most pages. It's organized into sections and is a collection of NSX topics old and new. The Wiki is currently locked down so you can't update but most of the information has a long shelf life anyway. And, of course, you can always use the site search facility for more recent posts. You might also want to start thinking about attending NSXPO which will be in Palm Springs next year. It's a great time to meet fellow NSXers from across the country and a couple of international ones as well.
Enjoy! As a fellow blk/blk owner, just remember (quoting another Primer) that "black isn't a color; it's a hobby"

If it's a stock 02 consider keeping it stock as they are becoming so rare and are holding their value nicely.
As a fellow black owner enjoy the detailing work, you'll be doing lots of it.
I'd do my first spending getting the maintenance up to par then do lots of driving until you find your car's limits.

I would strongly consider buying an Air Force Master Blaster to dry the car. Anytime you can minimize touching your paint with a towel... you're better off. my .02

I would strongly consider buying an Air Force Master Blaster to dry the car. Anytime you can minimize touching your paint with a towel... you're better off. my .02

Excellent suggestion!
It seems the minute you touch the black clearcoat, even with the softest of cotton towels, a swirl mark or scratch magically appears :eek:

Excellent suggestion!It seems the minute you touch the black clearcoat, even with the softest of cotton towels, a swirl mark or scratch magically appears :eek:
Like said previously... it's a hobby!

- - - Updated - - -

also join the NSXCA

I've had a Master Blaster for a few years now. It works excellent. It does seem to draw a lot of power when both motors are turned on. It trips some circuit breakers, but not others. I just try to make sure to use outlets that have the capacity to handle the draw, or only turn on one of the 4hp. motors, which does a good enough job in most instances.

I use a leaf blower made by craftsman it works the same as any other. but they are right the only time you touch the car is during soapings other than that NOPE air dry

+1 on the leaf blower. Assuming your car has a waxed/sealed surface the water easily slides off the surface with the blower. And drying your wheels is effortless. I use one Microfiber towel to dab up any small drips, in total it takes me less than 12 minutes to dry the entire car.

a leaf blower does do the job for the $. The MB blows heated air and has a filter, is it worth an extra 200 bucks vs a leaf? Your call

Back