• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Pics and Video!!!

I totally agree with this quote and couldn't have said it better. To me, Honda is trying to keep up instead of being innovative. If it were up to me, I would stick with the mid-engine design with some extreme innovative engine that is extremely efficient and powerful in addition to all the typical luxury you'd expect in a high end exotic. Back to basics is always the way to go when coming up with a new idea.

Yep, he just misses the "old days" when paying 5x more money, got you a car that you didn't have to read the badge (or be a car geek) to tell it was something special. I don't want a car that blends in with traffic (NASCAR's approach to racing).... I like F1/Indy because the cars don't look like (or drive like) every car I see during the drive home.

Some of us fell in love with the NSX because it made the exotic market affordable and drivable on a daily basis. NOW WHAT IS HONDA DOING? MAKING GT's more reliable ..... great :rolleyes: GT's are already good daily drivers.

The success HONDA had with the NSX.... was that they took a market segment that many people lusted after, and made it affordable and practical. That was a pretty good idea (too bad they didn't keep up with the HP bumps). Now I'm not sure what the goal is with this new car? Unless its to make something that has too much HP for the street? That blends in with ordinary looking cars. YOUR DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE if your a street racer looking to drive a sleeper... seems like even a smaller market segment than the original NSX. Too bad GT-R is already taking care of that market, what-ever you want to call it? "FAST AND BLAND"?

Sure...
its sexy parked next to a Mustang, but don't park by a Ferrari or Lambo or it looks like a boat :rolleyes:

First up your agreeing with a guy who said the NSX was affordable and practical when it came out. Practical yes but hardly affordable. It was still something for the well off.

Next up same guy says that he isn't sure what the goal is of the new car...Duh! To "OUTPERFORM" the current big dogs of the sportscar world plain and simple. Point is the guy your agreeing with never got the idea of the NSX and is clueless about the new car plain and simple. He says he loves the NSX but won't buy one what sense does that make? Also he can't stand what Honda is doing with their new supercar so why post. He only joins in to bash and has never been positive about anything. His NSX compliments are always left handed

This was the first thing it reminded me of...

You gotta be kidding

Where are u guys getting this from?? I think it's a gorgeous car.

Just haters! Car isn't even finished yet and they won't give it a chance.

What gets me is that everyone that saw the new pic loves this car, that includes the honda employees where i work.........the only people with something negative to say is 90% of current NSX owners of whom 98% of them didnt buy their NSX new. I dont think that's the demographic honda is going after anyway. People didnt think a 70k honda would steel ferrari and porsche buyers back in 91 but it did. I think this new car will be a success and will put honda back on the forefront of the sportscar world and hopefully they update this one and not keep it the same for 14 years. Honda is not looking for this car to be it's bread and butter so to speak.........thats why we have civics and accords.

What gets me is that everyone that saw the new pic loves this car, that includes the honda employees where i work.........the only people with something negative to say is 90% of current NSX owners of whom 98% of them didnt buy their NSX new. I dont think that's the demographic honda is going after anyway. People didnt think a 70k honda would steel ferrari and porsche buyers back in 91 but it did. I think this new car will be a success and will put honda back on the forefront of the sportscar world and hopefully they update this one and not keep it the same for 14 years. Honda is not looking for this car to be it's bread and butter so to speak.........thats why we have civics and accords.

Ding ding ding! There you go the pattern is pretty distinct and very evident. These are not the people Honda is going after but they are it's most vocal critics. Hell some of them don't even have an NSX and give all this BS about how there NSX is/was there dream car and now that they're ready to buy Honda has let them down ....get the f*ck outta here that's just complete BS and most of these discussions are flooded with it. You can always spot them because they say they wouldn't pay $90k for a new NSX. Nobody I now who bought a new NSX paid anywhere close to sticker. We all negotiated and must've been pleased since we got the car. Same will go for the new car except for the ballers who want to be first and will pay sticker or sticker plus

The NSX didn't steal Ferrari owners back in 1991. And if it did steal sales from Porsche, how many did it actually steal? A couple of hundred?

Personally, I believe that the NSX should have just stayed the way it was sinc 1991 and Honda should have come out with a totally new version every 7 years. We'd be on Generation 3 right now and starting to set our sights on generation 4. The 2002 update should have happened in 1997 and 2003 should have brought us a totally new car.

Honda will never turn a profit with the NSX, but it will always keep Honda in the spotlight and help with marketing... just like the Audi R8.

Speaking of which, I continue to love more and more every time I see one in person. if those cars ever fall within a decent price range, i.e. $80,000 or less I will buy one. drool...

The NSX didn't steal Ferrari owners back in 1991. And if it did steal sales from Porsche, how many did it actually steal? A couple of hundred?

Personally, I believe that the NSX should have just stayed the way it was sinc 1991 and Honda should have come out with a totally new version every 7 years. We'd be on Generation 3 right now and starting to set our sights on generation 4. The 2002 update should have happened in 1997 and 2003 should have brought us a totally new car.

Honda will never turn a profit with the NSX, but it will always keep Honda in the spotlight and help with marketing... just like the Audi R8.

Speaking of which, I continue to love more and more every time I see one in person. if those cars ever fall within a decent price range, i.e. $80,000 or less I will buy one. drool...

Everyone knows that honda shouldve updated that car and even the S2000. I work for honda and they update all their cars every 5 years like clockwork except for the S2000. To me....thats their only flaw. Ferrari and Porsche better update theirs often because it IS their moneymaker. They dont have family sedans and minivans and compact economy cars to make their millions like honda and toyota.

Make sure you get a good warranty as parts and service will still be priced for a $100K+ car:biggrin:

Make sure you get a good warranty as parts and service will still be priced for a $100K+ car:biggrin:

So true. One of the F&I managers that work with us has a BMW M6 convertible and its been in the shop more times than the free honda he gets to drive! I for one don't take honda reliability and cost of ownership for granted.

Everyone knows that honda shouldve updated that car and even the S2000. I work for honda and they update all their cars every 5 years like clockwork except for the S2000. To me....thats their only flaw. Ferrari and Porsche better update theirs often because it IS their moneymaker. They dont have family sedans and minivans and compact economy cars to make their millions like honda and toyota.
Ferrar and Porsche update their car actually every 10 plus years.

They keep the same platform for two model years. For example:
308/328
348/355
360/430

Testarossa was sold between 1985 to 1995
550/575 - 1996 2006

Looks like a Hyundai Tiberion....

So true. One of the F&I managers that work with us has a BMW M6 convertible and its been in the shop more times than the free honda he gets to drive! I for one don't take honda reliability and cost of ownership for granted.

Yeah my buddies and I argue about this and they say if it's ubder warranty and you get a loaner what's the big deal? My response is I didn't buy a car for it to spend part time and the dealer ship and for myself to be driving a less expensive car ( i.e loaner ) around. The more I pay the better the car should be and that includes reliability and low maintenance to me.

Ferrari and Porsche better update theirs often because it IS their moneymaker. They dont have family sedans and minivans and compact economy cars to make their millions like honda and toyota.

Based on my less than stellar experience with Acura Dealer Service on my NSX, your comment has convinced me that if I want a sports car AND SERVICE, I had better buy a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini.

Based on my less than stellar experience with Acura Dealer Service on my NSX, your comment has convinced me that if I want a sports car AND SERVICE, I had better buy a Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini.

Sarcastically speaking. You don't get good service any where in NY...lol They take your money and they leave you hanging. Tradition.

Sorry, gotta go there.

I have to say that I don't dislike it. It's going in the right direction. The front air openings should be redesigned.

Please Honda designers, get this car to an italian designer for the final step! An please get those rear wheels out a little bit!

Sarcastically speaking. You don't get good service any where in NY...lol They take your money and they leave you hanging. Tradition.

Sorry, gotta go there.

I get fantastic service on my NSX from Larry B :smile:. However, if acura comes out with a new sports car, Larry will need a much bigger boat :biggrin:(from the movie Jaws). Acura technicians are primarily trained on the sedans and SUVs. Their experience and work on the NSX leaves a lot to be desired :frown:.

I get fantastic service on my NSX from Larry B :smile:. However, if acura comes out with a new sports car, Larry will need a much bigger boat :biggrin:(from the movie Jaws). Acura technicians are primarily trained on the sedans and SUVs. Their experience and work on the NSX leaves a lot to be desired :frown:.

Which dealership do u get your car serviced?

After all of these years of engineering and design, it should have looked something like this:

GTMR.jpg

Lol, was bored while working on some stuff.

Looks like a super accord coupe....

I thought that too. Kinda worries me because if they share any parts this may be a target for thieves. I can only imagine if you have one it will be like owning an Integra Type R and having to watch your back constantly. Can anyone say engine swap......

After all of these years of engineering and design, it should have looked something like this:

GTMR.jpg

Lol, was bored while working on some stuff.

wow with playing with the stance and making it look more narrow it doesn't look half bad.

Regardless if this guy's NSX compliments are left handed (I don't really see that...), I think that he makes valid points that I still agree with. The NSX is definitely much more practical and affordable than the other cars that it shares a class with. It definitely wasn't affordable to a middle class guy with 3 kids, but it would for a single guy making 100k+/year (ie. Myself). I bought my NSX new and paid close to MSRP. I know that I could've paid less for something comparable, but I wasn't looking for typical. I wanted extra-ordinary. All of us who own the NSX know that there's something inherently special about our car. It certainly isn't the fastest, the most expensive, or the best looking (matter of opinion), but it IS special! There is something to be said about the ingenuity of the design, the handling, the weight, the efficiency, the bang for the buck, and the fact that you will probably not see another one at a stop light unless you are at a NSX meet.

As for the replacement for the NSX, there is no comparison just from the look itself. To be honest, its a nice enough looking car, but does it really catch your eye? The performance that is rumored about it...does it really blow your mind? When I see that picture of the "replacement", I shake my head in disgust because its not what I expect from a company that took the time to design a car like the NSX. I see resemblance to so many other cars especially the LF-A and the GTR. Look, with the economy the way it is, if I wanted a front engined car that pushes a lot of horses with decent handling, I might as well get a Vette. (I just puked a lil...)

Bottom line is that whatever Honda decides to replace the NSX with, it won't meet our standards because the NSX is just too unique and special of a car. They don't need to replace the NSX...Honda needs to unveil a vehicle that shows the evolution of the car. Something that shows real balance among the criteria for a great sportscar with the ingenuity that you have come to expect...not something to keep up with the other companies.

I totally agree with this quote and couldn't have said it better. To me, Honda is trying to keep up instead of being innovative. If it were up to me, I would stick with the mid-engine design with some extreme innovative engine that is extremely efficient and powerful in addition to all the typical luxury you'd expect in a high end exotic. Back to basics is always the way to go when coming up with a new idea.

First up your agreeing with a guy who said the NSX was affordable and practical when it came out. Practical yes but hardly affordable. It was still something for the well off.

Next up same guy says that he isn't sure what the goal is of the new car...Duh! To "OUTPERFORM" the current big dogs of the sportscar world plain and simple. Point is the guy your agreeing with never got the idea of the NSX and is clueless about the new car plain and simple. He says he loves the NSX but won't buy one what sense does that make? Also he can't stand what Honda is doing with their new supercar so why post. He only joins in to bash and has never been positive about anything. His NSX compliments are always left handed

This particular image of the possible concept/replacement car is one of the best possible for a front engine vehicle. I do think the hood line may be a little low, but I like it. This would be very acceptable to me, but again Honda missed the boat!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41741&d=1208464980

If someone could enlarge this photo and post it on this thread, I am having difficulties doing this. Thanks!

Last edited:
Super Accord Coupe... like a few others here. I'm embarrassed to know that this is the replacement... whether it's called NSX or not.

Back