• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW PICTURES OF 2003 VIPER OUT..THOUGHTS

Personally, I don't think it sucks...but it's definitely lost some of that edge. I don't like it too much. Of course seeing that in real life is probably a completely different experience. But the photos make is look more like the Thunderbird...maybe I'm wrong...but I really think that based on those pics that the Viper has lost a lot of it's essence with this version.

------------------
Got dat ol' vee six cilnder inder?

http://www.nextestdrive.net

[This message has been edited by scottjua (edited 09 January 2001).]

I agree as do 95% of the viper board..the new style sucks..looks like a s2000 had sex with a miata and a camaro....too bad...like i said I pray acura doesnt make the same styling mistake..

click on corporote photos...then north america and then dodge then viper...u will then see them.

Make that:

- Corporate Photos
- U.S. Database
- 2003 Models
- 2003 Dodge Cars

I don't think it looks bad. It looks less like a clown shoe than the current Viper.

I think the current Viper looks like the car from Hell. It's features are hypertrophied and grotesque. I've looked at the photos of the new Viper, and I think it looks more like a refined top end car, like the Aston Martin or certain Ferraris. I like the way it looks now. They have also made the interior much more refined than raw (as before). I think they'd sell well, but the new very high price ($80-90) may slow sales a lot.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Shouldn't this be in off topic?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
The car is MUCH better now!!!!!!! Here's a couple better pics of the coupe... I hate Vipers but I'd definitely consider this one!

But would attend Viper club events????????

I'm just busting your chops Todd. Anyway, it was a pleasure to finally meet you this past weekend and the pictures James took look great.

I considered the original RT/10 just like any other vette (nice but not for me).

When the GTS first came out I saw a silver one by my house and for about 60 seconds I pondered if I should get one, now that they were somewhat more refined.

Couple of months back I got to ride a newer GTS and frankly I was impressed. Still not "covet" material for myself, but insanely fun & fast, and surprisingly civilized. Great owner too.

The pics show it even more refined, a bit less of a brute but there are some appealing angles. I think its a step forward, and eager to see it in person.

Hmm, and with all that torque, I could put a hitch and have it tow my NSX to the next track event...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by rquintero (edited 10 January 2001).]

Originally posted by David:
I do like the look of the coupe styling exercise, but can't shake the feeling it looks a bit like a gussied up Supra.

If I'm not mistaken, that's because DaimlerChrysler hired the head designer that designed the Supra from Toyota.

Cheers!

Michael.

Lud: What does that big air scoop on the roof do?

RAM AIR . . . conditioning. It get's hot in there too, ya know.

Shawn

New Viper looks like 550 Ferrari from front. And in a quick glance of the sides of each car, they have the same big long front. I have new photos of both with tops down (see for yourself. Hope this photo works. Don't know how to post photo yet. )

I can't attach photo?
Well vtec asked this qutestion. I'm emailing the photo to him.

Back