• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New rims on the S4

18x8.5 and only 19lbs. These are CHEAP, but they look pretty good... TR Motorsports MT1....massive clearance, I think I need to get a big brake kit (after I get one for the nsx!)

Anyhow, if people are looking for a decent budget/track rim for the NSX, these are pretty nice.

s42.jpg

s41.jpg

Note how careful I'm being about curbing them..lol

lol...I didn't check the "R" box on my S4 options. I'll try that next time! :smile:

lol

can you buy them for your car?

You can buy replicas, but they're heavy. (I wanted the lightest 8.5" rim I could get on a budget... there wasn't much to chose from).

If you notice, the rear of the RS4 is flaired out a bit more than the S4....The rim width is pretty extreme. I couldn't just buy RS4 rims and slap them on my older S4. Trust me, the beauty of the rims I bought is in the performance gain, not the look. lol.

I already have one money pit, the S4 is what gets me to work (and the ski hill). :smile:

You can buy replicas, but they're heavy. (I wanted the lightest 8.5" rim I could get on a budget... there wasn't much to chose from).

If you notice, the rear of the RS4 is flaired out a bit more than the S4....The rim width is pretty extreme. I couldn't just buy RS4 rims and slap them on my older S4. Trust me, the beauty of the rims I bought is in the performance gain, not the look. lol.

I already have one money pit, the S4 is what gets me to work (and the ski hill). :smile:

I would go BBS RGR, totally!

I would go BBS RGR, totally!

Lol, I couldn't even buy 2 RGR's for the price I paid for all 4 of those MT1's....and they weigh the same.

Volks on the NSX is enough...if I was keeping this S4, I'd shop for something more blingy. :smile:

NICE RIMS!!

Now how about a good size profile pic - one with straight view of the wheel/tire.

Nice color! Good choice. :smile:

NICE RIMS!!

Now how about a good size profile pic - one with straight view of the wheel/tire.

Sure... not super impressive as they're only 18's.
s43.jpg

I'm trying to upgrade to an '08 RS4, but it doesn't make $$ sense right now...the resale on my S4 has plummeted...I'm not into throwing money away unless it's at the NSX. :smile:

18x8.5 and only 19lbs. These are CHEAP, but they look pretty good... TR Motorsports MT1....massive clearance, I think I need to get a big brake kit (after I get one for the nsx!)

I love the wheels!!!

The wheels remind me of the rare wheels offered on the AP1 Honda S2000. Where did you purchase the wheels from?

I love the wheels!!!

The wheels remind me of the rare wheels offered on the AP1 Honda S2000. Where did you purchase the wheels from?

Tire Rack...it's their rim actually, made by some other company in Japan. The new drop cast technology makes them come out fairly light... I mean, heck 18x8.5" and only 19lbs isn't too bad for a rim that cost ~$280. My whole tire/wheel package was under $2k shipped including tax.

The clearance is amazing...the brakes on the S4 are pretty big stocl and now I have a bunch more room. It's giving me ideas.

Back