• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New speakers and AMPS?

Hey guys I am having a problem on my NSX that seems to be getting worse. My volume knob for my stereo crackles like crazy. I did some research on this and saw multiple pages on how to fix the issue. From turning the knob hard then pull and push. To the amps being the problem. At first it only happened when I first started the car then went away like it had to warm up or something. Anyway reading on NSX WIKI. It seems that it being worse now that eventually it will fail all together. Now I read that the amp can be repaired by BrianK or williams tech. I am worried that Fix one and then the next fails. If the price is good then new speakers and amps. I want to keep my factory OEM head unit work like factory with my CD changer and even the tape player work. If I can keep the OEM look and function but also make an improvement and have a good price that would be awesome. I saw SOS stereo upgrade and looks great but its pricey. I found this online which looks cool with a new amp and new speakers and even says its specifically for the NSX. These are the ones I was looking at. Any suggestions
This is the SOS system nice but pricey
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...ed-proformance-audiophile-system-for-nsx.html
And this the other system. Good price but unknown if its a good or junk cheap system
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/...QaeCw42SXHBWlDoUuT-ZvsLtet6ZLj6xuYaAl9Y8P8HAQ

Get it fixed by BrianK or similar. Running aftermarket systems won't fit as well as OEM but might improve the sound quality a bit if that matters to you.

Call Patty at Bose automotive support for new $140 speaker assembly replacements. Her number is (508) 766-9522.

Thanks guys I called Patty at Bose and she does have the amps in stock. I think its smarter to buy a new amp from bose rather then rebuild my old one. Not sure what I wanna do yet but I wanna find out exactly which one of the amps is acting up. If its more then one then I'll think about getting a new system.
I am also curious if anybody has tried that kicker system?

If it's the volume control crackling, then it's almost certain it's the head unit. Get BrianK to refurb. If it is an amp, you should be able to diagnose by using the L/R control knob.

I repair the amps but I don't work on the head units See Wilmans electronics.

- - - Updated - - -

If the crackle happens all the time its most likely an amp problem, if it happens when the volume control is moving the problem is in the head unit.

Hello Mr. Brian. Yes it happens when you touch the volume knob and when not the stereo works perfectly. So if I replaced the amp ans the speakers I would still have the same problem then. Good thing I asked or I would had spent money for nothing then. I guess I will call Williams and see if he can fix it. Brian you cannot repair my head unit?

Back