• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New tires for 05 nsx and service

Hello fellow nsxr's,
I have a 2005 NSX with 5700 miles which needs tires(nail in one a little choppy in the rears). since potenza's are no longer available anyone know which is the absolute best tire to replace regardless of price. i dont track just use as weekend cruiser. want to best replicate oem.also any suggestions for recommended maintenance. dealer says time for complete fluid flush for brakes,coolant,tranny etc..
thanks
todd

Many, many posts on this - especially in the tires and wheels section.

Or search will return as much information on tire preferences as you are willing to read.

The fluid flushes may be due based on time, for example brake fluid is a (some number)k miles OR three years (which is the limit I hit). Check the owner's manual or the Wiki section on maintenance for more details.

-DKA
'04 Rio Yellow / Onyx

Last edited:
Brakes, coolant, tranny for SURE if these are all original. Brake fluid is probably the most crucial.

I just put Dunlop Star Specs on yesterday. Haven't driven them yet, but I would recommend them based on research. $50 rebate if you buy today.

Potenza's not available??? I just put new OEM spec RE040's on mine not 6 months ago:confused:

thanks very much for the response. I did not want to be a chiseler but the factory service book only mentioned brake fluid change after 2 years. And it seems as though the dunlop stars are the tire of choice however since the cost was a bit less than the oem's i was afraid of sacrificing performance
really appreciate the response

thanks very much for the response. I did not want to be a chiseler but the factory service book only mentioned brake fluid change after 2 years. And it seems as though the dunlop stars are the tire of choice however since the cost was a bit less than the oem's i was afraid of sacrificing performance
really appreciate the response

Correct on the brake fluid. Every two years. 2009-2005 = 4 years, no?

The performance of the Star Specs is BETTER than the OEM tires!

I'd get the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 if available in those sizes. It's a cheaper, longer-lasting, better performing tire in both wet and dry.

I don't know anything about the Dunlop Star Specs but they may be worth checking into.

Back